Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2014, 12:40:12 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 11, 2014, 12:17:48 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2014, 12:10:04 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 11, 2014, 12:05:46 AM
I'm not Freemans biggest fan but i do think he's worth his place, people say he was poor v  Ross but the supply was shocking .
[/quote

When you re playing inside for Mayo the supply is always shocking.

It could be a lot better imo,  id have Cillian as CHF if it were up to me and Doc in  closer and when Andy comes on id have him on the hf line too.

No. Cillian would be great at 11 but dynamic besides is not right. Aidan at 11 is a great plus for us. I d play Barry now at 14 as well. Maybe hold Andy in reserve until he gets his studs right anyway! As Bunker says we have to look at roles for Gibbons and Parsons. The inside forward options are not there at all. Obviously Feeney is wasting his time and Freeman is a gonner too.

I thought when I was watching the match the last day, that maybe he is using shorter studs because he is afraid of the longer studs catching in the ground and doing the knee again?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Jinxy

Andy Moran has always been like that though.
He doesn't really 'run' anywhere in the true sense of the word, he just falls over at various speeds over various distances.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on August 11, 2014, 09:42:01 AM
Andy Moran has always been like that though.
He doesn't really 'run' anywhere in the true sense of the word, he just falls over at various speeds over various distances.

Bit like a talented Big Joe.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on August 12, 2014, 02:54:52 PM
Is someone ouut to get Horan
or at least disrupt mayos Campaign
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20439:mayo-manager-horan-denies-quit-rumours-&catid=14&Itemid=100008

Heard that over the weekend. Seemed very unlikely that Horan would even intimate he'd quit in mid-August over a club game.

muppet

Quote from: rosnarun on August 12, 2014, 02:54:52 PM
Is someone ouut to get Horan
or at least disrupt mayos Campaign
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20439:mayo-manager-horan-denies-quit-rumours-&catid=14&Itemid=100008

This is just the cut and thrust of a successful team's manager versus its CB, at the business end of a season.

I suspect the story is half right, but they also all probably called each other really horrible names too. Surprised the media missed that.

Nothing to see here.
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Surprised the Mayo news ran with such a headline,  a mountain out of a molehill.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lar Naparka

Well, well, well, the thick plottens, as my (sole) Rossie friend would say. So Adam Gallagher is still on the panel and fight enough to play for his club, yet Horan keeps him in limbo land.
From the way he was shaping up during the league, I thought he'd be a shoo in for the championships.
It's not as if we were blessed with an abundance of talent upfront or anything close to it and yet Gallagher and Feeney are in the dog house and seem likely to stay there for the rest of our season.
Anyone know why they are not in James's good books?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2014, 04:06:22 PM
Well, well, well, the thick plottens, as my (sole) Rossie friend would say. So Adam Gallagher is still on the panel and fight enough to play for his club, yet Horan keeps him in limbo land.
From the way he was shaping up during the league, I thought he'd be a shoo in for the championships.
It's not as if we were blessed with an abundance of talent upfront or anything close to it and yet Gallagher and Feeney are in the dog house and seem likely to stay there for the rest of our season.

Sure I assume Feeney is still ex-communicated after the Dillion-induced complaints late last season? Horan sure knows how to hold a grudge if that's the case, it's a wonder he let him rejoin the panel after Mitchels lost the AI final if this was all he had planned for him.

Young Adameen has stood out at every grade from minor to senior that I've seen him play at. Almost single-handedly won Mayo the minor Connacht final in 2012. Doherty is playing pretty well but for him to be out in the cold entirely since the league is very surprising.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

I'm not sure what you mean by ''the plot thickens' Lar.

The story itself seems like a non story that was just chuckled on at the press conference , why the Mayo news made a headline out of it , i can't fathom , if it was the CT id understand .

I'm not shy about pointing out any mistakes i think Horan has made but in his defence and to be fair to the players you mention both Feeney and Adam seem happy to be part of matchday squad and training squad .

Adam Gallagher played two very good games v Kildare and Tyrone in the opening rounds of the league , then he seemed to be found out v Kerry as in s&c , he looked fooked in that game. Personally i thought it would be just a learning curve and that it was an introduction to senior level proper , practice and more games i thought would of been essential to his development but he has not been seen since. So maybe that is what is required as in maybe its a year too early for him.

The feeney situation is like said above done to death, i cant rhyme nor reason  with it, we all know he was needed last sept , most of us believe there was friction and then our first outing champo 14 and hes introduced in injury time . The man brings loyalty to a new level, fair fucks to him.

There is always the possibility that he is being saved for sept final day and hes beeen in special trainning all summer to run the fookin bol  x off MDMA  and co,  :D :) :) :) ;)
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rosnarun

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2014, 04:06:22 PM

Now we know who is out to get him .
of course there will be rows with the county board and little power plays on behalf of the manager , look at Mcguinness in donegal who wont be Happy till the sun orbits him.
but  some one is running to the media every time there is a little row in the camp and of course the media will run with it
their duty is to inform the public  and Horan never gives much away,

I suspect a castlebar Faction is Preparing a coup Adam Gallagher is the future but now is Feenys time and he is a fantastic asset to mayo as he could Literally play in any position on the Field. the bench maybe the best place for him but to be used and not in the 68Th minute.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere