Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

I'd start Freeman and keep Andy or Dillon in reserve.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Quote from: larryin89 on August 10, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

If he could get freeman playing the way he was 12 months,ago, I'd agree with you

Farrandeelin

What about Sweeney moy? Surely to God he's as good as the 2 that went on the last day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2014, 11:13:11 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 10, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

If he could get freeman playing the way he was 12 months,ago, I'd agree with you

Good luck with that. Freeman plays under Horan like there s a sniper in the stand. That s no good for where we re at.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2014, 11:24:24 PM
What about Sweeney moy? Surely to God he's as good as the 2 that went on the last day.

Sweeney might be no worse than the other 2 but at the same time he s just another way of losing a game. Even in the league he couldn't keep ball in contact. His decision v Derry was enough for Horan obviously. After the last day the penny should have dropped with Horan about the others.

macdanger2

Quote from: moysider on August 10, 2014, 11:38:59 PM

Sweeney might be no worse than the other 2 but at the same time he s just another way of losing a game. Even in the league he couldn't keep ball in contact. His decision v Derry was enough for Horan obviously. After the last day the penny should have dropped with Horan about the others.

What decision? Sweeney got 3 from play v derry, well worth a run imo

larryin89

Jebus Moy , we have to live with what we have though.

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2014, 11:44:26 PM

What decision? Sweeney got 3 from play v derry, well worth a run imo
[/quote

Sweeney blew a chance to finish the game v Derry. That s the decision making that s killing us. I didn t bring up Sweeney but seeing as somebody has might as well face facts. He get s turned over far too easy. But run him by all means. He can hardly be much worse - or even as bad.

moysider

Syferus

Surely it would have dropped before the last day if  it was ever going to drop? He also seems intent on destroying Freeman's self-confidence. When he was forced to give him a proper run in the team last year he was maybe a 15th minute substitution away from an All-Star and yet he gets a clatter off Hennelly before the game at the Hyde, looked borderline to play, is bottled up in a defensive game where no one shines for Mayo from play and he's hardly seen again. Third choice sub in the forwards against Cork.

If Horan read the game better Mayo would have won at least one of the last two AIs. It would be a shame for him to take a team so far on the road only to become the thing that also stops them from getting over the line.

larryin89

I'm not Freemans biggest fan but i do think he's worth his place, people say he was poor v  Ross but the supply was shocking .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on August 11, 2014, 12:05:46 AM
I'm not Freemans biggest fan but i do think he's worth his place, people say he was poor v  Ross but the supply was shocking .
[/quote

When you re playing inside for Mayo the supply is always shocking.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 11, 2014, 12:11:58 AM
This looks to be a horses for courses year for Horan. So I'd expect our team to be slightly tailored for Kerry. We'll probably get the previous starting team named for the Kerry game with the usual unusual tweaks. Instead of looking 100% at our Forward options as potential subs to close out a game - Is there any place for Parsons, Feeney (I know, stuck record stuff), Gibbons and Keane. Keane's goose looks to be cooked as a full back, but as a half back he is well competent and suited to the role. What I'm trying to say is a substitution such as this frees up a player such as Keegan or Vaughan for a forward role toward the end of a game. Same with Parsons for say Aidan to go FF when he is usual shagged come the last 10 minutes of a game.

He wasn't THAT bad the last day was he? ???
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2014, 12:10:04 AM
[/quote

It could be a lot better imo,  id have Cillian as CHF if it were up to me and Doc in  closer and when Andy comes on id have him on the hf line too.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on August 11, 2014, 12:17:48 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2014, 12:10:04 AM
[/quote

It could be a lot better imo,  id have Cillian as CHF if it were up to me and Doc in  closer and when Andy comes on id have him on the hf line too.

No. Cillian would be great at 11 but dynamic besides is not right. Aidan at 11 is a great plus for us. I d play Barry now at 14 as well. Maybe hold Andy in reserve until he gets his studs right anyway! As Bunker says we have to look at roles for Gibbons and Parsons. The inside forward options are not there at all. Obviously Feeney is wasting his time and Freeman is a gonner too.