Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 03:03:16 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on August 10, 2014, 02:50:57 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 02:17:16 PM
Potentially libellous for you to insinuate the hierachy of the GAA are colluding to fix the results of matches. Let's hope none of them read here. I know  a few of them do.

What are you on about? Quinn and Kelly and the likes set out the plan to invest in Dubl$n, Bertie implemented it. Come on sue me boys, I know you're reading cause INDIANA said so. Is Bertie reading too? Hey Bertie, I'll see ya in court.  ;D

I know Portrane is closed but there must be other institutions that would take you?

Parnells would take him.
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 10, 2014, 02:19:19 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on August 10, 2014, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 01:35:52 PM
They still in power kid? Oops.

Those in power are just continuing with the program devised by Quinn/Kelly and the likes and implemented by Bertie. Bertie isn't in power now also but his legacy lives on in many areas.

Potentially libellous for you to insinuate the hierachy of the GAA are colluding to fix the results of matches. Let's hope none of them read here. I know  a few of them do.

You're in bad form today - was there bad porter in Drumcondra last night?
The Dubs are way ahead of every other team and are still pulling away. Enjoy it.

We won the AI by a point last eyar. This year won't be any different.

So you are categorically saying that Dublin are going to win the All-Ireland this year  ?

INDIANA

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 10, 2014, 04:00:41 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 10, 2014, 02:19:19 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on August 10, 2014, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 01:35:52 PM
They still in power kid? Oops.

Those in power are just continuing with the program devised by Quinn/Kelly and the likes and implemented by Bertie. Bertie isn't in power now also but his legacy lives on in many areas.

You're in bad form today - was there bad porter in Drumcondra last night?
The Dubs are way ahead of every other team and are still pulling away. Enjoy it.

We won the AI by a point last eyar. This year won't be any different.

So you are categorically saying that Dublin are going to win the All-Ireland this year  ?

Nope we've two tough games left if we want to win it. All respects to the teams we played but they are all outside the top 4 sides

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Meh..we're all wasting our time when facing the relentless machine that is the Dubs really. Dunno if we'll even bother sending the team up for the semi final.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Mike Sheehy

I think you are right. Better off losing to Mayo and let them take the inevitable hammering in the final.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 10, 2014, 04:53:32 PMHammering! - Speak for yourself!  ;) The Dubs are dreading meeting us this year!

No-one fears playing against Mayo in an AI final.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Can we get some cup or something for the winners of Kerry v Mayo..to give them some consoloation for the hammering they'll get in the final? #fairplay
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on August 10, 2014, 02:51:46 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2014, 02:30:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2014, 11:13:21 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 09, 2014, 11:00:54 PM
''Roscommon lost their home Connacht semi-final to Galway in Ballagh that year.''

And Ballagh only three years into occupation then.

It was actually played in October 1902 so Ballagh had been a proud Roscommon town for four years at that stage.
Arra, will ya get away up the yard, will ya? ;D ;D
That's an oxymoron if ever I saw one.
Proud and Roscommon just don't go together, same as Microsoft Works.
Lookit, as St James might put it, it's roughly 116 years since the land grab and that's six generations or so in anyone's language.
Lookit again. the true Gaels of Ballagh have remained true to their heritage and homeland down the long years and show no signs of throwing their lot in with the ungodly sheep shaggers all around them.
Being born in a pig sty doesn't make one a pig, as Viscount Castlereagh might have put it.
Why don't you and Smiley Burnett frig off and go play with yer nice fancy bus and leave football to those who know something about it?

..like the fine people of west Roscommon? It's good that your Roscommon education is still paying dividends, Lar.

And to Galwayman - it's our problem if Andy lands home to Roscommon with Sam in the front seat of his sub-par bus.

Quote from: heffo on August 10, 2014, 02:40:31 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 10, 2014, 01:18:53 PM
My name is  Sean, im from a small parish in East Mayo.

I have one account on here .

Pretty confident Larryin is from the area that was unlucky enough to stay in Mayo just outside Ballagh. I know these things, Heffo.
What's the matter Syf?
It took you a full 21 minutes to reply!
Yer slowing down,  me boy.
PS, I had expected the quare fella to rise faster than that. Not even a niggle from him.
The pair of ye are starting to show yer age or to get sense. I guess the first one is the more likely of the two.
PPS Ballagh is a dump alright but it's our dump, not yours, so there!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 10, 2014, 04:50:45 PM
I think you are right. Better off losing to Mayo and let them take the inevitable hammering in the final.

Steady on. We re not having that. I thought of that first yesterday.
Let Kerry take the final hit. At least people from Ulster won't call Kerry 'nest shitters'.

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2014, 10:59:33 AM
Any thoughts on who will start at MF for this one?

If Dec O's goes deep, will Caff stay in the fb line to help out with JOD & Geaney? I think he will but letting Dec off in a free role is very dangerous, the midfield and half forwards would need to work hard to limit the amount of time & space he gets

Not sure about mf yet but Caff has to sit. O Sullivan lying deep can be played in a couple of ways. Push Keith up on him maybe or run the ball down the channels and under no circumstances kick the ball down the middle. When Kerry get him on the ball - well that's where our forwards tackling comes in. Of course if Declan not working deep  we ll see him back closer to goal soon enough.

Was Barry Moran injured for Cork?
I thought Vaughan experiment went well enough and against instinct I d be in favour of playing Barry as a target man. Surely there is no way we will see a repeat of substitutions again?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

I finally got to watch the Sunday game highlights and it appeared from that that our backs weren't working as hard as usual which would be a worry if that's the case.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Barry at FF, James has sprung a surprise in each of the last three matches with varying levels of success so something like that could well be on the cards.

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2014, 10:16:56 PM
I finally got to watch the Sunday game highlights and it appeared from that that our backs weren't working as hard as usual which would be a worry if that's the case.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Barry at FF, James has sprung a surprise in each of the last three matches with varying levels of success so something like that could well be on the cards.

Somethings have worked well in fairness. Those that have were proposed long ago in fairness too. Aidan to 11 and Vaughan to a midfield role. Dillon inside and both he and Andy starting again. Gallagher was brilliant for a few games but dunno what happened or what he did to dirty his bib.
But the 2 young lads from the Hyde unlikely to be seen again this summer. Made no sense then and it still doesn't. As for 2 favoured forward subs? How can a manager who got rid of players so ruthlessly can indulge players that are damaging the team s chances every time he plays them - not to mention his own reputation. It doesn't make sense.

larryin89

I can't see him changing much tbh, both Andy and Dillon did well V Cork, so who would he drop to make  any change up front?

Its the defensive plan thats goin to be the tester here , how you deal with JOD and that other natural forward Geaney because them bucks will run direct for goal , they're not like some of our buckeens who will run directly for row A corner seat
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on August 10, 2014, 10:49:53 PM
I can't see him changing much tbh, both Andy and Dillon did well V Cork, so who would he drop to make  any change up front?

Its the defensive plan thats goin to be the tester here , how you deal with JOD and that other natural forward Geaney because them bucks will run direct for goal , they're not like some of our buckeens who will run directly for row A corner seat

Disagree. The biggest problem we have is no replacements for inside forwards. To have any chance now Andy and Dillon need to be going as well in last 10 as in first half. The stuff at the back is tactical but the stuff at the front is logistical. There is no cavalry. The cupboard is bare.