Muineachán v Baile Átha Cliath - AIQF

Started by Maguire01, August 03, 2014, 12:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2014, 09:21:00 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 07, 2014, 08:12:58 AM
It is actually a disastrous appointment for Monaghan, at the risk of provoking the ire of the dubs and appearing to be a nordie with a chip on his shoulder, any time I've seen him ref the dubs I've thought hes been good to them, and any time I've seen him ref an ulster team hes been bad to them.

I think Monaghan will have to play on the edge to have a chance, and with this p***k they won't be able to.

Monaghan play past the edge every week. On the edge ? Give me a break

Trite, and out of date...  ::)

babarino

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 07, 2014, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2014, 09:21:00 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 07, 2014, 08:12:58 AM
It is actually a disastrous appointment for Monaghan, at the risk of provoking the ire of the dubs and appearing to be a nordie with a chip on his shoulder, any time I've seen him ref the dubs I've thought hes been good to them, and any time I've seen him ref an ulster team hes been bad to them.

I think Monaghan will have to play on the edge to have a chance, and with this p***k they won't be able to.

Monaghan play past the edge every week. On the edge ? Give me a break

Trite, and out of date...  ::)

+1 GMF.

It's the tired old cliché - upstarts should know their place.

southdown

Just a heads up, tickets are on ticketmaster for the semi final of whoever wins this v winners of Armagh v Donegal on 31st August. Cusack 302.

Just in case any of you are confident of winning and wish to avoid the ticket rush after this weekend :)

ONeill

Go for goals. Fcuk the points.

Monaghan 6-2 Dublin 2-20
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

GrandMasterFlash

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/dubs-meet-monaghan-for-first-time-in-sfc-since-1923

"They meet in the championship for the first time since July 1923, when Dublin beat Monaghan by 2-5 to 0-0 in the All-Ireland semi-final in Dundalk. Dublin also won the previous two championship meetings between the counties in 1921 and 1908."

Two more massive hurdles for Monaghan: score more than the last time i.e 0-1 and beat Dublin for the first time in championship football...  ;)

illdecide

Guys i have a spare Hill ticket if anyone would like to purchase it of me...£200...only messin just what its value (think they're 20 Euro?)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

dubsfantom

Dublin team for Saturday

Cluxton
Mick Fitz
ROC
Phily
Nicky D
Cooper
Jamsey
Cian
MDMA
Flynn
Kev Mc
Dermo
Alan B
EO'G
Berno

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2014, 11:49:54 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 05, 2014, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2014, 11:33:23 AM
I suppose the game could resemble a pageant of sorts, with the Dubs as the Israelis and Monaghan the beleaguered Palestinians, under siege.

other way round perhaps http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/how-monaghan-tops-defaulter-list-with-316k-average-payment-30483094.html
How does that bit of news affect perceptions?
My bookkeeping  survived a stringent tax audit and came out with a clean bill of health,  does that make me more Palestinian or Israeli?

Probably an Anglo.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Monaghan (SFC v Dublin): Rory Beggan; Conor Boyle, Drew Wylie, Colin Walshe; Dessie Mone, Vinny Corey, Fintan Kelly; Dick Clerkin, Darren Hughes; Paudie McKenna, Paul Finlay, Kieran Hughes; Thomas Kerr, Chris McGuinness, Conor McManus.

rrhf

Quote from: dubsfantom on August 07, 2014, 09:44:48 PM
Dublin team for Saturday

Cluxton

Mick Fitz
ROC
Phily
Nicky D
Cooper
Jamsey
Cian
MDMA
Flynn
Kev Mc
Dermo
Alan B
EO'G
Berno
The bitin' irish

Farrandeelin

Come on Monaghan - we're right behind you.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GrandMasterFlash

Rossfan

I would love to see Monaghan striking a blow for the little true GAA Counties by winning this.
However it will be Dublin by hopefully less than ten.

PS - I heard Jin Gavin refer to Dublin's "coaching staff" yesterday. Doesn't staff mean paid employees?
Where's Don't Matter when you need him?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Rossfan on August 08, 2014, 10:50:46 AM
I would love to see Monaghan striking a blow for the little true GAA Counties by winning this.
However it will be Dublin by hopefully less than ten.

PS - I heard Jin Gavin refer to Dublin's "coaching staff" yesterday. Doesn't staff mean paid employees?
Where's Don't Matter when you need him?

No, see the definition of the word: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/staff?s=t, there's no mention or inference of payment in the definition.

Anyhow, I can't see Monaghan starting with that 15 to be honest. As has been stated, a good start is imperative (as is the last 15mins, as is the whole match come to think of it..  :o) Conor Boyle went missing a few times early on last week and I that feel Ryan Wylie or Kieran Duffy would be a better option (purely based on their experience). R Wylie definitely settled the defence when introduced last week. McKenna starts in the forwards to act as a second sweeper I've no doubt; I would however have Jack McCarron on ahead of Kerr. I know having McCarron to bring on is useful but to me this is his type of game i.e. a bit more open and faster paced than what can be 'stop start' Ulster football. He is a class act and needs to be fired into a game like this, I think he'd relish it..