Muineachán v Baile Átha Cliath - AIQF

Started by Maguire01, August 03, 2014, 12:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2014, 07:12:54 PM
I hear Gavin has given the squad the week off training,
probably to make sure they don't peak prematurely.

A fella I know told me all the Dublin players get picked up by helicopter for training.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2014, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 04, 2014, 04:26:44 PM
Thats rich coming from an armagh man, sure one of yours nearly bankrupted the bloody kildare horde recently ..............................dont worry you can cheer for monaghan on saturday after your lot are bet

Indeed other counties without the largesse shown to Dublin may come under financial pressure from running their teams.
The Dub "GAA fans"  won't be cheering for anyone in our game, they'll only arrive 5 minutes into the second game.

Im a season ticket holder, and I will be in for both games tell us were your sitting and Ill wander over to your for a chat

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2014, 07:30:23 PM
The Jackeens are getting the flags out

Armagh man + flags = kettle + pot + black

Aoise

Lads could ye post this to as many GAA boards, supporters boards as you can?  Have a read of this..

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/threads/gaza-garvaghy-armagh-croke-park.3655/

Lets fill it with them on Saturday, for two reasons...1 - In solidarity with the people being slaughtered in Gaza (obviously) 2 - To show that cretin Rupert Murdoch that he doesn't control the Irish people, especially in Croke Park.
There are 4 teams this Saturday, please get this to as many Armagh, Monaghan, Dublin and Donegal supporters as you can.  What would they do if thousands of people showed up with one?  Never mind the spectacle it would be to the rest of the world.  C'mon Irish people awake from the slumber!  :)

Hound

I wonder who got blamed for removing banners before games were televised by Sky!

There was a "Free Gaza" banner on the Hill in the Leinster final.

Of course, the Jewish community in Dublin 6 are big Dubs supporters too. They bring this flag along

Main Street

I suppose the game could resemble a pageant of sorts, with the Dubs as the Israelis and Monaghan the beleaguered Palestinians, under siege.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2014, 11:33:23 AM
I suppose the game could resemble a pageant of sorts, with the Dubs as the Israelis and Monaghan the beleaguered Palestinians, under siege.

other way round perhaps http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/how-monaghan-tops-defaulter-list-with-316k-average-payment-30483094.html

Main Street

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 05, 2014, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2014, 11:33:23 AM

other way round perhaps http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/how-monaghan-tops-defaulter-list-with-316k-average-payment-30483094.html
How does that bit of news affect perceptions?
My bookkeeping  survived a stringent tax audit and came out with a clean bill of health,  does that make me more Palestinian or Israeli?

GrandMasterFlash

What's the consensus on Hughes, will he be sanctioned for his petulance or when would be find that out??

Malone broke his thumb in the Armagh replay so I doubt we'll see him. Apparently Clerkin picked up an injury on Saturday too. We could do with them all! (and a hape more if we had them...)

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2014, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 04, 2014, 04:26:44 PM
Thats rich coming from an armagh man, sure one of yours nearly bankrupted the bloody kildare horde recently ..............................dont worry you can cheer for monaghan on saturday after your lot are bet

Indeed other counties without the largesse shown to Dublin may come under financial pressure from running their teams.
The Dub "GAA fans"  won't be cheering for anyone in our game, they'll only arrive 5 minutes into the second game.

5 minutes after. Wars of attrition don't interest anyone bar the participating counties.

charlie linkbox

I'd line Monaghan out as follows;

Rory Beggan   Gerard McCaffrey
     Ryan Wylie   Kieran Duffy   Drew Wylie   Colin Walshe   Conor Boyle
Dessie Mone   Vinny Corey   Darren Hughes   Fintan Kelly   Karl O'Connell
                               Kieran Hughes   Gavin Doogan

Conor McManus

Hopefully this could make it the most painfully unwatchable game in the history of gaelic football and I'll go with a scoreline of;
Monaghan 0-5 (R. Beggan 0-5 frees)
Dublin 0-4 (S. Cluxton 0-3 frees, B. Brogan 0-1)

yellowcard

Quote from: heffo on August 05, 2014, 01:51:56 PM
"That's not his problem, so it's not."

Hughes 'blasts' back

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=221876&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Some 'blasting' alright! What is the story with Eoin Lennon, is he out injured for the season? Has been a big miss for Monaghan this year.

Jinxy

Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2014, 07:14:09 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2014, 07:12:54 PM
I hear Gavin has given the squad the week off training,
probably to make sure they don't peak prematurely.

A fella I know told me all the Dublin players get picked up by helicopter for training.

Rubbish.
They each have their own helicopter.
If you were any use you'd be playing.