that damned flag

Started by lawnseed, July 24, 2014, 02:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Theres no getting away from the ulster banner I just noticed its being used in scotland to represent norn iron in the commonwealth games. Am I offended? Nah! Dumbass games if you ask me but this flag is not legal nor is it the flag of this artificial state its a sectarian flag of hatred and thats what its used for.. Promoting hatred
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Agent Orange

Could be worse, they could be using the other red hand flag, the Tyrone fleg.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: lawnseed on July 24, 2014, 02:14:33 PM
Theres no getting away from the ulster banner I just noticed its being used in scotland to represent norn iron in the commonwealth games. Am I offended? Nah! Dumbass games if you ask me but this flag is not legal nor is it the flag of this artificial state its a sectarian flag of hatred and thats what its used for.. Promoting hatred

i noticed that myself.
The thing is, Norn iron doesnt really have its own flag, and i dont think its something anyone wants to bring up, the last thing we need is more flegs!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

lawnseed

I see lidl ireland had the good sense to get the ulster banner off their website.

Applesisapples

Nationalists and Republicans could not on principle agree to a flag for NI. I agree that sports teams/players representing the six or the Island as a whole need something thats acceptable.

screenexile

Quote from: lawnseed on July 24, 2014, 02:14:33 PM

It wasn't promoting much hatred last night where there were plenty of Nationalists rowing in behind it... until we can get a flag recognised by everyone (which won't happen as SF don't want to recognise as anything other than Ireland) then why not use that flag.

I have no real grĂ¡ for it but it doesn't offend me in the way it does some people!

Applesisapples

It is a flag of division and used as a banner for unionist hegemony so how can it be representative?

screenexile

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 24, 2014, 02:44:16 PM
It is a flag of division and used as a banner for unionist hegemony so how can it be representative?

Just because it isn't representative to you doesn't mean it can't be representative to others.

Have a chat with Paddy Barnes/Conlan or the scores of other Nationalists who have stood under the flag to represent NI. If I was good enough at a sport I wouldn't let a f**king flag stop me from competing that's for sure!!

lawnseed

Quote from: screenexile on July 24, 2014, 02:56:56 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 24, 2014, 02:44:16 PM

Just because it isn't representative to you doesn't mean it can't be representative to others.

Have a chat with Paddy Barnes/Conlan or the scores of other Nationalists who have stood under the flag to represent NI. If I was good enough at a sport I wouldn't let a f**king flag stop me from competing that's for sure!!
You'd carry it proudly in the opening ceromony? Stand to attention as it was hoisted? For a medal? Emmm?

never kickt a ball

I see the English anthem is Jerusalem. Dare I ask what is the anthem for the "damned flaggers"? Mind you we will probably never get a chance to hear it!

Bensars

Quote from: never kickt a ball on July 24, 2014, 03:24:06 PM
I see the English anthem is Jerusalem. Dare I ask what is the anthem for the "damned flaggers"? Mind you we will probably never get a chance to hear it!

Danny Boy. 

lawnseed

Sweet jeez! The whole things a minefield :o

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Bensars on July 24, 2014, 03:26:13 PM

Danny Boy.

Was thinking that a la Barry McGuigan's dad. Maybe Barry will sing it if Paddy Barnes or any of the boxers win.

lawnseed

Quote from: Bensars on July 24, 2014, 03:26:13 PM

Danny Boy.
The johnny cash version I hope..

lawnseed

Is there any street cred for a boxer with a commonwealth medal.. ?