Come On Mayo - We're Right Behind You

Started by ONeill, July 15, 2014, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 15, 2014, 06:01:17 PM
Too many assumptions. We may still lose the next day.

To Sligo. That would be delicious.

Crete Boom

Quote from: cicfada on July 15, 2014, 05:43:09 PM
Last chance saloon for mayo, it's now or never for them and the standard of opponent is going to get a lot tougher now. For example, mayo could now be playing in the AI semifinal against Kerry . Mayo have an awful record against the kingdom but a win there would be a gigantic confidence boost. I think Donegal ( assuming they beat Monaghan ) could beat the dubs and in a final pairing of Donegal v mayo I expect mayo to finally win. There's a lot of assumptions there I know, ie no qualifier team creating a shock and dubs and Donegal winning the provincial finals . Also if cork beat Sligo then they play mayo and there could be a kick in cork yet. The rest of us in Connacht are getting a little tired of mayos futile attempts so far to win the bloody thing so step up now and do it. It's time!!

Well if you stopped being shite and started beating us all the time like most counties did in the past we wouldn't trouble your comfortable life hurling from the ditch in mediocrity with our comical futile attempts at winning SAM. ;)
Don't worry we won't be around for about 7 years after we collapse against Kerry in the semi this year continuing our search for steel/bottle/marquee forwards/mobile midfielders/basic Gaelic skills of the pure GAA counties like Galway/a cure for the curse/a cure for terminal emigration abroad from the plain of the ewes etc......... ;D

ONeill

There'd be some crowd at the homecoming. They might have to do it over 5 nights.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
There'd be some crowd at the homecoming. They might have to do it over 5 nights.

They'll do it in feckin' Roscommon too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: cicfada on July 15, 2014, 05:43:09 PM
Last chance saloon for mayo, it's now or never for them and the standard of opponent is going to get a lot tougher now. For example, mayo could now be playing in the AI semifinal against Kerry . Mayo have an awful record against the kingdom but a win there would be a gigantic confidence boost. I think Donegal ( assuming they beat Monaghan ) could beat the dubs and in a final pairing of Donegal v mayo I expect mayo to finally win. There's a lot of assumptions there I know, ie no qualifier team creating a shock and dubs and Donegal winning the provincial finals . Also if cork beat Sligo then they play mayo and there could be a kick in cork yet. The rest of us in Connacht are getting a little tired of mayos futile attempts so far to win the bloody thing so step up now and do it. It's time!!

Look after ye own crowd after all ye are still in the Championship and if ye beat Tipp ye can look at your own record against Kerry and Dublin, ye're record there does not make for great reading! Getting tired,Never mind us. Ye have spent the guts of 13 years now huffing and puffing looking at us have a go! While ye have been living off of 98/01.

Now feck off back to your Galway Hurling thread!

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2014, 06:44:40 PM

Must be a big disappointment for all the Tyrone Garth Brooks fans, it was their last chance to see Croke park this year!

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on July 15, 2014, 04:56:28 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 15, 2014, 04:32:29 PM
Do Mayo women prefer silver jewellery over gold as well?
Mayo women don't like any of that fancy stuff....more of a "shtop your messing and lob it into me" kind of attitude

And that s just when yer playing football with them!

Shrewdness

Someone starts a thread wishing Mayo well, and 3 pages in, the Mayo posters start throwing abuse at people!! The eyes of the nation and Sky Sports are on Mayo this year to see can they finally land Sam or will they fcuk it up again as only they can.  As two in a row hasn't been won in 24 years, it must surely be Mayo's title to lose this year.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 15, 2014, 08:28:34 PM
Someone starts a thread wishing Mayo well, and 3 pages in, the Mayo posters start throwing abuse at people!! The eyes of the nation and Sky Sports are on Mayo this year to see can they finally land Sam or will they fcuk it up again as only they can.  As two in a row hasn't been won in 24 years, it must surely be Mayo's title to lose this year.

Do you really think this is a wishing Mayo well thread? Wait a minute, I asking this question to a Rossie!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

It's theirs to lose most years.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: ballinaman on July 15, 2014, 04:56:28 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 15, 2014, 04:32:29 PM
Do Mayo women prefer silver jewellery over gold as well?
Mayo women don't like any of that fancy stuff....more of a "shtop your messing and lob it into me" kind of attitude

Quote from: muppet on July 15, 2014, 05:34:58 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2014, 04:52:16 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 15, 2014, 02:51:56 PM
An All-Ireland for Mayo would be like demolishing the Dublin Zoo.

We'd definitely have to consult the Israelis vis a vis some sort of concrete barrier solution.
Then you have the whole Ballaghaderreen (aka the Gaza Strip) situation, so we'd probably have to seal the Rossies in with them.

They would be ruled by SHamas.

Very good men. Very good.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2014, 08:42:27 PM

It's theirs to lose most years.

Bit like the Leinster final for ye boys!  ;D

seafoid

I would love to see Mayo conquering their demons this year. Especially for all the travelling fans from the States and the posters here and their long suffering spouses, partners and common law wives. It would be great for Connacht football.

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2014, 09:47:34 PM
I would love to see Mayo conquering their demons this year. Especially for all the travelling fans from the States and the posters here and their long suffering spouses, partners and common law wives. It would be great for Connacht football.

If it happens it happens. If it doesn t we ll try again next year.

But the shite talk from cicfada about last chance saloons and now or never smacks of spitefulness. This team has plenty shelf life yet. I m sure cicfada and many more can t wait for them to piss off and I can understand that I suppose.