Come On Mayo - We're Right Behind You

Started by ONeill, July 15, 2014, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

An All-Ireland for Mayo would be like demolishing the Dublin Zoo.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2014, 02:37:34 PM
That's the thanks ye get.

Does you ever think about coming out to a new signature song? Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI

Here's one for Tyrone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfsb0jqkIA4
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

I, too, would welcome our new Mayo Overlords.

Mayo4Sam

I think we could be a fairly insufferable shower of f**kers if we won it, ala Clare in the 90's and football being invented in 2002.

I like being liked, although I could do without the pity
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 15, 2014, 02:58:10 PM
I, too, would welcome our new Mayo Overlords.

Were they do it this year losing to ye in 2010 will always be attached to the Mayo story. In future  they'll just have to point to Longford (if they can find it on a map) and say "never again".

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 15, 2014, 03:28:24 PM
I think we could be a fairly insufferable shower of f**kers if we won it, ala Clare in the 90's and football being invented in 2002.

I like being liked, although I could do without the pity
Nah, we'll be sound, too busy drinking...I'd say we'd just float off into the Atlantic propped up by empty cans....

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

manfromdelmonte

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 15, 2014, 03:48:06 PM
I'd definitely be insufferable.

You'd probably be pessimistic about yer chances of beating us in the FBD in January.

thejuice

Do Mayo women prefer silver jewellery over gold as well?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on July 15, 2014, 02:51:56 PM

We'd definitely have to consult the Israelis vis a vis some sort of concrete barrier solution.
Then you have the whole Ballaghaderreen (aka the Gaza Strip) situation, so we'd probably have to seal the Rossies in with them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

Quote from: thejuice on July 15, 2014, 04:32:29 PM
Do Mayo women prefer silver jewellery over gold as well?
Mayo women don't like any of that fancy stuff....more of a "shtop your messing and lob it into me" kind of attitude

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2014, 04:52:16 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 15, 2014, 02:51:56 PM

We'd definitely have to consult the Israelis vis a vis some sort of concrete barrier solution.
Then you have the whole Ballaghaderreen (aka the Gaza Strip) situation, so we'd probably have to seal the Rossies in with them.

They would be ruled by SHamas.
MWWSI 2017

cicfada

Last chance saloon for mayo, it's now or never for them and the standard of opponent is going to get a lot tougher now. For example, mayo could now be playing in the AI semifinal against Kerry . Mayo have an awful record against the kingdom but a win there would be a gigantic confidence boost. I think Donegal ( assuming they beat Monaghan ) could beat the dubs and in a final pairing of Donegal v mayo I expect mayo to finally win. There's a lot of assumptions there I know, ie no qualifier team creating a shock and dubs and Donegal winning the provincial finals . Also if cork beat Sligo then they play mayo and there could be a kick in cork yet. The rest of us in Connacht are getting a little tired of mayos futile attempts so far to win the bloody thing so step up now and do it. It's time!!

Farrandeelin

Too many assumptions. We may still lose the next day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.