AIQ Round 3B - Roscommon vs. Armagh (19/07/14, 5pm - Live on SKY)

Started by Syferus, July 13, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on July 18, 2014, 10:16:11 PM
I hope I'm wrong but think this might be one game too far for Armagh. Four weeks on the bounce away from home against an in form Roscommon side on the way up. The form guide says Roscommon but I just hope there is one more big performance in this Armagh side. The winners of this game have a great chance of playing in Croke Park on AI quarter final weekend, the best weekend in the football calendar. I'm informed Dyas is out injured unfortunately and he has been our best player over the last 2 seasons. Roscommon will fancy themselves but if it comes down to a grinding match we have a 50/50 chance. If that's what it takes to win so be it. One positive is Mc Geeneys record in qualifier matches both withArmagh and Kildare. Played 20, won 18, drawn 1 and lost just one. That's why I'm confident that if it comes down to a dogfight we will win. We have to make it a dogfight.

It's split up this year. Being we're on the B side whoever comes out of this side will be playing the weekend after the bank holiday.

Captain Obvious

I hope I'm wrong but think this might be one game too far for Armagh. Four weeks on the bounce away from home against an in form Roscommon side on the way up. The form guide says Roscommon but I just hope there is one more big performance in this Armagh side. The winners of this game have a great chance of playing in Croke Park on AI quarter final weekend, the best weekend in the football calendar. I'm informed Dyas is out injured unfortunately and he has been our best player over the last 2 seasons. Roscommon will fancy themselves but if it comes down to a grinding match we have a 50/50 chance. If that's what it takes to win so be it. One positive is Mc Geeneys record in qualifier matches both withArmagh and Kildare. Played 20, won 18, drawn 1 and lost just one. That's why I'm confident that if it comes down to a dogfight we will win. We have to make it a dogfight.
Armagh looked in peak condition last weekend and any win against Tyrone is serious momentum to have. Going by the Roscommon v Mayo game this should be another dogfight. McGeeneys record and seeking revenge are two things that should swing it for Armagh.

yellowcard

Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2014, 10:31:12 PM

It's split up this year. Being we're on the B side whoever comes out of this side will be playing the weekend after the bank holiday.

Didn't know that. Bit of a shame cos the QF usually threw up the best weekends football of the year with consecutive days double headers on the first week in August. Hope the winners of tomorrow's game can make it there, that would represent a great season for either side. Hopefully be Armagh though I'll be travelling a bit more in hope than expectation.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on July 18, 2014, 10:57:42 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2014, 10:31:12 PM

Didn't know that. Bit of a shame cos the QF usually threw up the best weekends football of the year with consecutive days double headers on the first week in August. Hope the winners of tomorrow's game can make it there, that would represent a great season for either side. Hopefully be Armagh though I'll be travelling a bit more in hope than expectation.

Aye, just another mark against the new system. There is a chance that they could play the two 4B matches and the first two QFs in Croker on the bank holiday weekend if it's viable.

neilthemac

the road from Granard-Edgeworthstown-Longford town and Lanesboro to Roscommon is good
the road through Cavan is terrible and the stretch from Longford to Lanesboro is also twisty.

Best of luck to the Ros today.

PaddyP73

What the odds on Roscoomon key players been targeted and the referee doing nothing?
Twice Armagh have gained a advantage ruffing up key players before/during the game and crying to the media afterwards they are been victimised. or wait a second Grimley wont speak to media
Referee needs to be strong today.I wonder what the odds are on Ciaran McKeever to be recarded?

Sandy Hill

Quote from: PaddyP73 on July 19, 2014, 02:54:27 PM
What the odds on Roscoomon key players been targeted and the referee doing nothing?
Twice Armagh have gained a advantage ruffing up key players before/during the game and crying to the media afterwards they are been victimised. or wait a second Grimley wont speak to media
Referee needs to be strong today.I wonder what the odds are on Ciaran McKeever to be recarded?

All the shit you're alluding to is media myth!
"Stercus accidit"

Syferus

Quote from: Sandy Hill on July 19, 2014, 03:22:58 PM
Quote from: PaddyP73 on July 19, 2014, 02:54:27 PM

We'll see. Armagh had no problems targeting Cathal Cregg two years ago. Don't expect any different today.

Armaghgeddon

FFS thunderstorms here in England, better clear before 5

under the bar

It's no myth.  McKeever and co are filthy tramps.... fact!

Zulu

Both teams have set up defensively bit Roscommon are playing a horrible brand of football so far.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid