AIQ Round 3B - Roscommon vs. Armagh (19/07/14, 5pm - Live on SKY)

Started by Syferus, July 13, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Have Roscommon tried to kick pass it yet? Armagh are wining this because they are kicking the odd ball in, Roscommon in contrast are running everything and have been very fortunate to get some soft frees otherwise Armagh would be running away with this.

Zulu

Again Ros try to run it and turn the ball over which ends in an Armagh score. Surely kicking a few balls in would give Armagh something to think about and could result in a score?

bennydorano

DrinkingHarp

29 minutes in and Roscommon still have not scored from play. Armagh can take the ball in further for goal chances that are there for them- they should be up by 8 or 10 points more.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Zulu

Horrible game, with two teams playing horrible football but Roscommon are adding cluelessness into the mix to make their performance so far absolutely forgettable. Armagh are playing the only bit of football so far.

moysider

Roscommon are having a mare so far. Armagh in control and seem more focused and hungrier. Lucky to be only four down. It'll take a bit of turning around though.

Zulu

I wouldn't say Roscommon are having a mare, their 'tactics' are absolutely woeful. At one point, Higgins I think, was one the sideline being pressurised by 2 or 3 Armagh defenders for about 30 seconds and he had no options to pass to, Shine has had 2 horrible wides he never should have taken on and Roscommon haven't kept enough players in the full forward line to give the Armagh sweeper enough to think about. Evans has made a holy mess of this.

RealSpiritof98

Armagh on top, conditions are very harsh. Big 2nd half ahead, armagh get a goal we will win this.

JP

Armagh tactics spot on. Some really nice patient football scoring 7 points from play while Roscommon have yet to get one.

Really happy Findon got his point, this has been worked on every single game so far, he catches it, lays it off and runs to the edge of the square. Andy Mallon's point was also the result of hard work at the training ground. Really impressed with the workrate and intensity. Hopefully they can keep it up in the second half.

joemamas

I watched Armagh v Monaghan (draw) and was impressed by their athleticism, they are a big mobile team, although today, so far they are unable to win a kick out at midfield at least for first 20 mins, that has to be a concern.

Roscommon are difficult to watch,Donegal lite. I think Evans is holding them back tactically.

Zulu

It appears Eddie Kinsella doesn't believe Armagh are allowed contest kick outs, that's 3 non frees against the Armagh midfield.

Go home ref

Roscommon are poor walking the ball into contact constantly they have conceded some amount of turnovers

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"