The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2015, 12:19:30 AM
Quote from: dec on December 18, 2015, 11:08:19 PM
The states that send more money to Washington than they get back are mostly the Democratic states. The states that get more from the federal government than they pay in federal taxes are mostly Republican states.

That's what is referred to as moving the goalposts. If the fact don't back up your argument, change the argument

http://rare.us/story/exploding-the-lefts-red-state-myths/

For your next trick you're going to quote Brietbart and Fox News as legitimate sources.

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2015, 12:24:36 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2015, 11:37:52 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 18, 2015, 04:14:07 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 18, 2015, 03:21:46 AM
Quote from: stew on December 18, 2015, 12:03:48 AM
Quote from: Declan on December 17, 2015, 02:40:34 PM
Spent the last few days in the States and its not until you watch the TV coverage that you can get a sense of why there are so many loony views out there.
The coverage of the debate in terms of positions and what we'd call manifesto items was laughable and most of the stations seem to focus on the Cruz v Rubio or Trump v Bush or Someone v Someone dynamic - truly bizarre.

It's a wonderful country in many ways but good God it's a very strange one as well

It is a democracy with two ponies to choose from and the only decent President it has had since Clinton is, actually the have note had one, people are getting poorer and they will not pay people a wage they can live on yet the rich get richer, they have the weakest President in my lifetime at the helm and the next up up is a political whore, a woman with blood on her hands and a woman who takes donations from the Saudis when their track record on the way women are treated in their society is the worst in the world.

It is an amazing place but I am thinking of heading home, I have lost a lot of faith in the USA and do not think I could stomach Clinton as President, I have a nephew I have never met and the parents are in their seventies and I have not seen Armagh or the Harps play since 09.

If only more Republicans would follow your lead. The problem is there's no right-wing paradise for them to emigrate to. unless you count some African countries where government barely functions and order is maintained by people's personal weapons.

Lol....if all the Republicans left, there'd be no-one left to actually pay any taxes.

Don't know too many do gooders or social justice warriors who've ever started a business or employed a single person.  Why would they do that when they can get a nice Cushy govt. job where the they do fvck all  and are accountable to no one

You're right. The GOP need to dump Trump and get back to the Makers V Takers strategy for 2016. It worked SOOO well in 2012! ;D

Yeah, career Democratic politicians with zero private sector experience have sure done a great job running their states into the ground. Long may it continue.....

You're right!

Brownback for president! Kansas and their noble trickle-down economics experiment are showing the way!

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 19, 2015, 02:04:31 AM
The states that send more money to Washington than they get back are mostly the Democratic states. The states that get more from the federal government than they pay in federal taxes are mostly Republican states.

That's what is referred to as moving the goalposts. If the fact don't back up your argument, change the argument

For your next trick you're going to quote Brietbart and Fox News as legitimate sources.

Well they're about as credible and impartial as the NY Times, CNN or the Washington Post

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 02:20:05 AM
Spent the last few days in the States and its not until you watch the TV coverage that you can get a sense of why there are so many loony views out there.
The coverage of the debate in terms of positions and what we'd call manifesto items was laughable and most of the stations seem to focus on the Cruz v Rubio or Trump v Bush or Someone v Someone dynamic - truly bizarre.

It's a wonderful country in many ways but good God it's a very strange one as well

It is a democracy with two ponies to choose from and the only decent President it has had since Clinton is, actually the have note had one, people are getting poorer and they will not pay people a wage they can live on yet the rich get richer, they have the weakest President in my lifetime at the helm and the next up up is a political whore, a woman with blood on her hands and a woman who takes donations from the Saudis when their track record on the way women are treated in their society is the worst in the world.

It is an amazing place but I am thinking of heading home, I have lost a lot of faith in the USA and do not think I could stomach Clinton as President, I have a nephew I have never met and the parents are in their seventies and I have not seen Armagh or the Harps play since 09.

If only more Republicans would follow your lead. The problem is there's no right-wing paradise for them to emigrate to. unless you count some African countries where government barely functions and order is maintained by people's personal weapons.

Lol....if all the Republicans left, there'd be no-one left to actually pay any taxes.

Don't know too many do gooders or social justice warriors who've ever started a business or employed a single person.  Why would they do that when they can get a nice Cushy govt. job where the they do fvck all  and are accountable to no one

You're right. The GOP need to dump Trump and get back to the Makers V Takers strategy for 2016. It worked SOOO well in 2012! ;D

Yeah, career Democratic politicians with zero private sector experience have sure done a great job running their states into the ground. Long may it continue.....

You're right!

Brownback for president! Kansas and their noble trickle-down economics experiment are showing the way!

Lol...No I was actually thinking about states that have more than 2 or 3 Million residents. Places like IL, NY or MI

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2015, 02:43:57 AM

Well they're about as credible and impartial as the NY Times, CNN or the Washington Post

Christ.

What do you say to that? Anyone?

Oraisteach

Whitey's credibility has hit rock bottom and is now starting to dig.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 19, 2015, 03:23:11 AM

Christ.

I stand by that statement 100%....and I am actually in the majority (at least according to Rasmussen)

http://www.hngn.com/articles/94597/20150522/rasmussen-poll-voters-dont-trust-media-report-politics-fairly-many.htm

Sixty-one percent of likely U.S. voters said they do not trust the political news they get, a massive 16-point increase from the 45 percent who said the same last October. Only 21 percent said they still have confidence that the coverage they get is balanced, down from 33 percent in the previous survey, and 17 percent were unsure

As for the 2016 presidential race, only 23 percent of respondents said they believe most reporters will try to provide unbiased coverage. Fifty-nine percent said they think the coverage will be slanted.

This is also a very interesting take on the state of reporting

http://www.forbes.com/sites/neilweinberg/2010/10/23/nyt-vs-wsj-liberal-bias-vs-conservative-bias/

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2015, 02:46:13 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 02:20:05 AM

You're right!

Lol...No I was actually thinking about states that have more than 2 or 3 Million residents. Places like IL, NY or MI

NY is doing all right. Sure you're not talking about NJ?

Michigan has had a GOP governor for five years.
http://www.businessinsider.com/state-economy-ranking-july-2015-2015-7

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2015, 07:42:25 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 19, 2015, 03:23:11 AM

Christ.

I stand by that statement 100%....and I am actually in the majority (at least according to Rasmussen)

http://www.hngn.com/articles/94597/20150522/rasmussen-poll-voters-dont-trust-media-report-politics-fairly-many.htm

Sixty-one percent of likely U.S. voters said they do not trust the political news they get, a massive 16-point increase from the 45 percent who said the same last October. Only 21 percent said they still have confidence that the coverage they get is balanced, down from 33 percent in the previous survey, and 17 percent were unsure

As for the 2016 presidential race, only 23 percent of respondents said they believe most reporters will try to provide unbiased coverage. Fifty-nine percent said they think the coverage will be slanted.

This is also a very interesting take on the state of reporting

http://www.forbes.com/sites/neilweinberg/2010/10/23/nyt-vs-wsj-liberal-bias-vs-conservative-bias/

Breitbart is the equivalent of the NY Times and WP? Seriously? ;D

I wouldn't ever call sensationalist CNN a decent place to get one's news, but the idea that they're in the tank for a political party or viewpoint in the same manner as Fox News is just ludicrous. Doesn't mean that they might not lean liberal, but PR arm of the Democratic Party they are not.

And popular opinion does not equal truth. Its hardly surprising that conservatives constantly decry so-called liberal media bias when talk radio and the GOP, and latterly, Fox News, have made it a central plank in their platform for decades now.

whitey

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 02:03:46 PM
I wouldn't ever call sensationalist CNN a decent place to get one's news, but the idea that they're in the tank for a political party or viewpoint in the same manner as Fox News is just ludicrous. Doesn't mean that they might not lean liberal, but PR arm of the Democratic Party they are not.

You sir are talking through your arse. They are democrat through and through. You just have to check out their "panel" during election times. Biased as f**k.

Their regular programming is completely unbalanced towards democrats as well.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2015, 02:55:58 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9TAql3oDXAQ

I guess I'll respectfully disagree with you about CNN.

Assuming that example is true, that doesn't exactly mean a track record of bias like Fox!

Or maybe they've changed - I don't watch CNN, but from what I've read over the last couple of years, they are more known for ridiculous hype of plane crashes and disasters than any political bias.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 04:01:56 PM

You sir are talking through your arse. They are democrat through and through. You just have to check out their "panel" during election times. Biased as f**k.

Given your track record of racist contributions, I'll not take your criticism to heart, but here is a list of political contributors to CNN. Straight from Wikipedia, so may be incomplete:

Political contributors

Liberals:

Paul Begala
Donna Brazile
Maria Cardona
Stephanie Cutter
Lanny Davis
LZ Granderson
Roland S. Martin
Alicia Menendez
Christine Pelosi
Hilary Rosen
Jamal Simmons

Conservatives:

William Bennett
Marsha Blackburn
Alex Castellanos
Sam Dealey
Ari Fleischer
David Frum
Rich Galen
Amy Holmes
Margaret Hoover
Dana Loesch
Kevin Madden
Susan Molinari
Nancy Pfotenhauer
Ed Rollins
Leslie Sanchez
Tara Wall

Here are the pundits they've listed who were to appear on election night last year: Paul Begala, Jay Carney, S.E. Cupp, Stephanie Cutter, Newt Gingrich, Van Jones, Kevin Madden, Ana Navarro.

Cupp, Gingrich, Madden and Navarro are Republicans. Begala, Carney, Jones and Cutter are Dems.
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2014/10/28/cnn-reporters-in-full-force-for-2014-midterm-election-coverage/

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 05:35:17 PM

Given your track record of racist contributions, I'll not take your criticism to heart, but here is a list of political contributors to CNN. Straight from Wikipedia, so may be incomplete:

Someone pulling out the race card!! Quick...losing the argument so let's start accusing....
Evidence please?

CNN is biased. Face it.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 06:14:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 05:35:17 PM

Someone pulling out the race card!! Quick...losing the argument so let's start accusing....
Evidence please?

CNN is biased. Face it.

It is a liberal media machine, just like the rest of them bar Fox!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.