The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: stew on December 18, 2015, 12:03:48 AM
Quote from: Declan on December 17, 2015, 02:40:34 PM
Spent the last few days in the States and its not until you watch the TV coverage that you can get a sense of why there are so many loony views out there.
The coverage of the debate in terms of positions and what we'd call manifesto items was laughable and most of the stations seem to focus on the Cruz v Rubio or Trump v Bush or Someone v Someone dynamic - truly bizarre.

It's a wonderful country in many ways but good God it's a very strange one as well

It is a democracy with two ponies to choose from and the only decent President it has had since Clinton is, actually the have note had one, people are getting poorer and they will not pay people a wage they can live on yet the rich get richer, they have the weakest President in my lifetime at the helm and the next up up is a political whore, a woman with blood on her hands and a woman who takes donations from the Saudis when their track record on the way women are treated in their society is the worst in the world.

It is an amazing place but I am thinking of heading home, I have lost a lot of faith in the USA and do not think I could stomach Clinton as President, I have a nephew I have never met and the parents are in their seventies and I have not seen Armagh or the Harps play since 09.

If only more Republicans would follow your lead. The problem is there's no right-wing paradise for them to emigrate to. unless you count some African countries where government barely functions and order is maintained by people's personal weapons.

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 18, 2015, 03:21:46 AM

If only more Republicans would follow your lead. The problem is there's no right-wing paradise for them to emigrate to. unless you count some African countries where government barely functions and order is maintained by people's personal weapons.

Where do decent folk go to live when their homeland is overrun by vermin?
good question.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

whitey

Spent the last few days in the States and its not until you watch the TV coverage that you can get a sense of why there are so many loony views out there.
The coverage of the debate in terms of positions and what we'd call manifesto items was laughable and most of the stations seem to focus on the Cruz v Rubio or Trump v Bush or Someone v Someone dynamic - truly bizarre.

It's a wonderful country in many ways but good God it's a very strange one as well

It is a democracy with two ponies to choose from and the only decent President it has had since Clinton is, actually the have note had one, people are getting poorer and they will not pay people a wage they can live on yet the rich get richer, they have the weakest President in my lifetime at the helm and the next up up is a political whore, a woman with blood on her hands and a woman who takes donations from the Saudis when their track record on the way women are treated in their society is the worst in the world.

It is an amazing place but I am thinking of heading home, I have lost a lot of faith in the USA and do not think I could stomach Clinton as President, I have a nephew I have never met and the parents are in their seventies and I have not seen Armagh or the Harps play since 09.

Lol....if all the Republicans left, there'd be no-one left to actually pay any taxes.

Don't know too many do gooders or social justice warriors who've ever started a business or employed a single person.  Why would they do that when they can get a nice Cushy govt. job where the they do fvck all  and are accountable to no one

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on December 18, 2015, 04:14:07 PM

Lol....if all the Republicans left, there'd be no-one left to actually pay any taxes.

Don't know too many do gooders or social justice warriors who've ever started a business or employed a single person.  Why would they do that when they can get a nice Cushy govt. job where the they do fvck all  and are accountable to no one

How does #BLM raise their money?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q

OBAMAMONEY!!

heganboy

I know you are being light hearted here, but can you explain a bit more?

Are you saying that only Republicans pay taxes?
Are you saying that only Republicans start businesses?

The US is a capitalist economy, you pay significantly lower taxes on Capital than you do on Labor. Someone who works for someone else (any privately held company, but also including government at any level- federal, state or municipal) all pay the proportionally highest rate of tax in the US. Someone who is either generating capital or leveraging capital (an investor or business owner) pays a significantly lower rate of tax.

Where do you think the DNC gets its money? Same class of donor as the RNC.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Eamonnca1

LMAO! It's a known fact that red states tend to be net takers from the federal government while blue states are net contributors. But don't let facts get in the way of your half-baked conservative delusions.

foxcommander

Now hold on there Whitey.

Is drug dealing deemed a business? There's plenty of democrat supporters that might be eligible to apply for government assistance in funding these start-up enterprises.

heganboy

QuoteIs drug dealing deemed a business? There's plenty of democrat supporters that might be eligible to apply for government assistance in funding these start-up enterprises.

If you're big pharma- legal everywhere so it is a business per the IRS
Marijuana, 20 states plus DC so it is a business per the IRS
Alcohol, most of the 50 states with some municipalities exempt so it is a business per the IRS
mostly depends on how much you pay your lobbyists- why would the politics of the business owner play into definition of the manufacture and distribution of certain chemicals as a business- that really doesn't make sense now does it?

Oh wait- that wasn't your point really was it?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

dec

The states that send more money to Washington than they get back are mostly the Democratic states. The states that get more from the federal government than they pay in federal taxes are mostly Republican states.

J70

You're right. The GOP need to dump Trump and get back to the Makers V Takers strategy for 2016. It worked SOOO well in 2012! ;D

whitey

Quote from: dec on December 18, 2015, 11:08:19 PM
The states that send more money to Washington than they get back are mostly the Democratic states. The states that get more from the federal government than they pay in federal taxes are mostly Republican states.

That's what is referred to as moving the goalposts. If the fact don't back up your argument, change the argument

http://rare.us/story/exploding-the-lefts-red-state-myths/

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2015, 11:37:52 PM

You're right. The GOP need to dump Trump and get back to the Makers V Takers strategy for 2016. It worked SOOO well in 2012! ;D

Yeah, career Democratic politicians with zero private sector experience have sure done a great job running their states into the ground. Long may it continue.....

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2015, 12:24:36 AM
Yeah, career Democratic politicians with zero private sector experience have sure done a great job running their states into the ground. Long may it continue.....

Now that California has a Democratic governor and assembly, we've finally been able to balance the budget, get it delivered in time, and pay off the debt run up by an actor called Arnold Schwartzeneger who thought he could pay off the debt by eliminating waste fraud and abuse, also known as the old "pay off the mortgage with the coins under the couch" trick.