Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2015, 12:57:06 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 06, 2015, 05:05:02 AM
Quote from: easytiger95 on December 05, 2015, 06:31:17 PM
Quote from: stew on December 05, 2015, 05:30:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2014, 06:15:16 AM
Another black liberal president? The fox news/tea party crowd will literally be up n arms!

Why would they be?

So in your world republicans are racist? is that it?

Catch yourself on ffs.

People are individuals and choose to be racist or not, there are plenty of liberal racists running around the USA and Ireland for that matter.

Stew you've seen the current clown car antics of the Republican primary race and you're honestly going to argue that there is not a huge racist aspect to the proceedings?

If it's all a matter of individuals, then there an awful lot of racist individuals who are currently associated with the GOP, and a lot of them are running for President. I suppose that is just a coincidence, and not a product of a rancid culture that has grown up around a party that is petrified that it is losing its demographic dominance?

Catch yourself on ffs (as you so eloquently put it)

If the last 8 years is the shape of things to come I'd be worried about the future of the USA.
Ask your South African friends how they've been faring out since they got "change". Affirmative action eh?

So what are you saying?

That South Africa was better off under apartheid?

That black people should not be in positions of political power?

Hey Foxcommander, now that you're back...

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 08, 2015, 09:45:43 PM
I cant find it anywhere but I remember reading somewhere about the physical characteristics that defined people's classification in Apartheid South Africa to White, Black or Coloured. They where ridiculous, things like the angle of shoulder slant and rubbish like that, sometimes siblings were classified in different races.

So if something as objective as physical appearance could not even be defined properly, imagine the impossibility of trying to apply it to something as subjective as religion.

Reminds me of years ago when I went out with a protestant lass from the north for a while. Apparently a protestant stereotype about us catholic types was that you could spot us because our eyes were much closer together! :)

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on December 09, 2015, 01:44:42 PM
I cant find it anywhere but I remember reading somewhere about the physical characteristics that defined people's classification in Apartheid South Africa to White, Black or Coloured. They where ridiculous, things like the angle of shoulder slant and rubbish like that, sometimes siblings were classified in different races.

So if something as objective as physical appearance could not even be defined properly, imagine the impossibility of trying to apply it to something as subjective as religion.

Reminds me of years ago when I went out with a protestant lass from the north for a while. Apparently a protestant stereotype about us catholic types was that you could spot us because our eyes were much closer together! :)

foxcommander

Quote from: deiseach on December 09, 2015, 01:59:35 PM

She looks a bit roscommon or mayo-esque to me...
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Hardy

Jon Snow put three great questions to a Trump apologist on Channel 4 News last night who was defending the "Ban all Muslims from entering the USA" speech:

1.Should the UK, for instance, ban Americans from entering the country because of the atrocities of Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, etc.

2. Why does America keep arming its enemies?

3. If Muslims are to be banned from entering the U.S because of murders of civilians by Muslim terrorists, should Christians be banned from entering because of the murders of American civilians by Christian funamentalist terrorists?

Hardy

Quote from: foxcommander on December 09, 2015, 02:07:40 PM

Good call to delete your first reply. I won't tell Deiseach what it was if you don't want me to.

Captain Scarlet

I love the outrage re Trump and the failure to acknowledge the fact that the lunatic is ahead in the polls due to the fact that many of the GOP voters hold his beliefs. I'm sure many representatives do too but are too scared to say it.
In one way he is refreshing, he just doesn't give a f**k. Everyone going at him on him just makes him more popular with those who once jumped in with Palin and the likes. They see it as FINALLY their voice is being heard.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

foxcommander

Quote from: Hardy on December 09, 2015, 02:09:28 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 09, 2015, 02:07:40 PM

Good call to delete your first reply. I won't tell Deiseach what it was if you don't want me to.

You can do what you like. I thought it might have been too harsh.

edit - you can squeal on PM like i'm sure you've already done.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

deiseach

Declan

QuoteJon Snow put three great questions to a Trump apologist on Channel 4 News last night who was defending the "Ban all Muslims from entering the USA" speech:

1.Should the UK, for instance, ban Americans from entering the country because of the atrocities of Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, etc.

2. Why does America keep arming its enemies?

3. If Muslims are to be banned from entering the U.S because of murders of civilians by Muslim terrorists, should Christians be banned from entering because of the murders of American civilians by Christian funamentalist terrorists?

Yep - Matt Cooper put similar questions to Cal Thomas on the radio last night. No answers forthcoming other than protect our freedom

J70

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 09, 2015, 02:16:16 PM
I love the outrage re Trump and the failure to acknowledge the fact that the lunatic is ahead in the polls due to the fact that many of the GOP voters hold his beliefs. I'm sure many representatives do too but are too scared to say it.
In one way he is refreshing, he just doesn't give a f**k. Everyone going at him on him just makes him more popular with those who once jumped in with Palin and the likes. They see it as FINALLY their voice is being heard.

But its widely acknowledged that this is the case. It's the only way to explain his six months at the top of the polls.
The GOP hierarchy is worried. It's looking like they might have a huge headache come the general election. Trump ain't "pivoting to the centre" after this. Plus, some of his economic positions, although an afterthought at this point, are the antithesis of the GOP "go easy on the rich and the corporations and f**k the rest" policies.

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 09, 2015, 02:16:16 PM

Just goes to show that many Americans are stupid uneducated bigots. . . We all knew it but this has laid it bare for the world to see. He's damaging America in the eyes of the world and the fact he can't see it well it shows how much brains he has as well. Parliament are discussing whether he should be banned from entering the UK. The f**king Pentagon have told him his comments are a danger to National Security!!

He's destroying the Republican Party and it wouldn't surprise me to see a massive split in the party effectively turning the Republicans into 2 parties. There simply isn't room for the spectrum of madness Trump is peddling with a party that could govern a Country.

The Democrats will never ever get an easier election. They could put Weird Al up against Trump and still win!!!

J70

The Republicans are reaping what they've sewn over the past 7 years. They embraced the tea party and the birthers and the "no mosque at Ground Zero" crowd.

Let them choke on it!

(One does wonder where the birthers are now with Ted Cruz polling high?!)

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on December 09, 2015, 03:08:57 PM

It's almost like birtherism doesn't apply to white dudes. But that can't be right. That'd be racist.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 09, 2015, 03:08:57 PM
The Republicans are reaping what they've sewn over the past 7 years. They embraced the tea party and the birthers and the "no mosque at Ground Zero" crowd.

Let them choke on it!

lol-you really think building a mosque/Islamic Center a couple of blocks was from the World Trade Center was a good idea ? 
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslim-scholar-dont-build-islamic-center/

Maybe you should suggest building a monument to the Parachute Regiment in the Bogside while you are at it!!  You can't tarnish all Paratroopers with the same brush you know.....only a very small minority shot civilians dead during Bloody Sunday

Origin of birthers was Hillarys campaign (and Obamas own biography)