The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger95

Quote from: stew on December 07, 2015, 04:08:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 07, 2015, 12:19:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 07, 2015, 12:01:26 PM
Quote from: stew on December 06, 2015, 07:15:55 PM
Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep crickets birches.

Sorry Stew, I don't spend all day on this website waiting for your responses, especially at the weekend! ;D

Show ME where I said the GOP CANDIDATES made racist statements.

You referred to stuff the "left wingnuts" wrote about them. If you want to discuss those things, then refer to them.

If you want to discuss what I wrote about the conservative movement/GOP and racism in general, then critique what I wrote.

Jesus Christ it's not difficult to find . . .

"They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

The problem with ye tree hugger's is that you get offended at the smallest of things, the man is simply stating what he believes is the truth and I do not see an outcry from the looney left about racism, so why the feck do you see it?

Donald Trump has been accused of racism in nearly all the liberal media outlets and deep disquiet has been expressed in the mainstream media and even as far right as Bill O'Reilly. If you don't have the manners to open you eyes and research some of the subjects you feel entirely entitled to spout about, please don't come on here asking people to do the work for you.

muppet

Quote from: easytiger95 on December 07, 2015, 11:59:59 PM
Here, does this help Stew? That's some candidate you've got there.

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/07/the_donald_ramps_up_the_anti_muslim_bigotry_trump_now_calls_for_total_and_complete_shutdown_of_muslims_entering_the_united_states/

Apparently it is because of 'the extraordinary influx of hatred & danger coming into our country', he said in a tweet without a hint of irony. Maybe his comic timing is a bit off. As in a lifetime off.
MWWSI 2017

Declan

Donald Trump hasn't always been so worried about Muslim immigrants. Here he is with Rima Fakih, Miss USA 2010.

i

screenexile

Sorry Stew, I don't spend all day on this website waiting for your responses, especially at the weekend! ;D

You referred to stuff the "left wingnuts" wrote about them. If you want to discuss those things, then refer to them.

If you want to discuss what I wrote about the conservative movement/GOP and racism in general, then critique what I wrote.

"They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

The problem with ye tree hugger's is that you get offended at the smallest of things, the man is simply stating what he believes is the truth and I do not see an outcry from the looney left about racism, so why the feck do you see it?

There are none so blind as those who cannot see. . . type "Donald Trump Racist" into google and you'll see plenty of outcry!!

deiseach

I'm coming around to the idea that Trump is an agent provocateur for the Dems. If he is 'simply stating what he believes is the truth', then why didn't he say all of this at the start? He's been gradually ratcheting up the bigotry in the manner of someone trying to see just how low he can go. And he's letting everyone see that there are no limits to how low the GOP base can go.

seafoid

Trump is a sign of the times. Stagnant middle age wages while the rich cream it. Moderate Republicans are a dying breed.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Declan on December 08, 2015, 09:05:56 AM
Donald Trump hasn't always been so worried about Muslim immigrants. Here he is with Rima Fakih, Miss USA 2010.

i

As usual, immigrants doing the jobs no American wants to do.

screenexile

Hilary firing a shot across the bows . . . Pretty ballsy campaigning against the Republicans already without the nomination!!

stew

Quote from: easytiger95 on December 07, 2015, 10:20:13 PM

Donald Trump has been accused of racism in nearly all the liberal media outlets and deep disquiet has been expressed in the mainstream media and even as far right as Bill O'Reilly. If you don't have the manners to open you eyes and research some of the subjects you feel entirely entitled to spout about, please don't come on here asking people to do the work for you.

Trump flirts with racism but stops just short for me, my eyes are open kid, I do not want him to be President and he wont be, if Clinton can avoid being caught in the lies she tells she is the next President, if that happens I fear for this country because she has no time for it's policing bodies nor her military.

If elected she will move the the center but I still hold out hope bumbling Joe will dip his toe in the muddy waters that is The Democrats Presidential race.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on December 08, 2015, 05:16:07 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on December 07, 2015, 10:20:13 PM

Trump flirts with racism but stops just short for me, my eyes are open kid, I do not want him to be President and he wont be, if Clinton can avoid being caught in the lies she tells she is the next President, if that happens I fear for this country because she has no time for it's policing bodies nor her military.

If elected she will move the the center but I still hold out hope bumbling Joe will dip his toe in the muddy waters that is The Democrats Presidential race.

Why do you hate Hilary so much... is she the first politician to tell a lie? If the lies she told about Benghazi are on the scale you seem to have uncovered surely her 11 hour testimony would have resulted in her being a disgraced Secretary of State not fit to run for the Presidency. I'm still not certain as to why you hate her so much?

omaghjoe

As usual Trump is just saying the unthought out thing that the common person is saying. You can say what you want about him but he defo has his finger on the pulse of what the public are thinking, I actually heard more than one person say the same thing over the weekend.

Instead of getting emotionally moral about it I  just asked how you would implement that? Would you ban people based on their passport? Yes?, Right that would firstly disclude all Muslim countries obviously like the Saudis and so on, and then also majority Muslim countries like the NATO allies the Turks? So What about significant number of Muslims? That would include Russia where the Boston marathon bombers where from obiviously, and India is the 3rd biggest Muslim country so do they'd all have to get banned. Then you'd probably start on European countries with big Muslim populations, France would have to go, UK, Germany, Belgium, majority of countries in Africa,most of the countries in the world really. By the time your finished the only countries that would be allowed in would be from Latin America. ;)

So once they start to see the rubbish in that implementing that, they start on race. Easy then just ban anyone who looks middle Eastern. The most obvious problem with that is I get Middle Eastern people in California mixed up as Mexicans all the time. Then there is also the fact that only a fraction of Muslims are Middle Eastern and that people of nearly all racial appearance make up the Muslim population.

Then ethnic background checks are proposed for everyone entering the US. Aside from the cost there is obvious problem that you are going to be relying on other countries data which may not be accurate and also more than likely if its like America there would be no info on their religion.

Well couldnt you just ask them they wouldnt deny their religion would they? Hmmmm........?

Its a non starter as a solution and Trump probably hasnt thought it through himself, but sure if he does get elected he would hardly be the first politician not to be able (or even try) to implement what he said he would when elected to power.