USFC Final - Donegal v Monaghan - Sunday 20th July - St. Tiernachs Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, July 07, 2014, 01:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Ulster final was snoozefest, Leinster final even with the scores was the same. Gaelic football is life size chess. For the record I hate chess.

sligoman2

That was a terrible game of football from a neutral spectator point of view, blanket defense, nasty off the ball stuff and terrible shooting by both sides.  I can't see either team going much further to be honest.
I was expecting a much more enjoyable game.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

lenny

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 20, 2014, 09:29:46 PM
That was a terrible game of football from a neutral spectator point of view, blanket defense, nasty off the ball stuff and terrible shooting by both sides.  I can't see either team going much further to be honest.

Absolutely brutal to watch. The good thing was I could keep a good close eye on the golf. If it had been an exciting match I would've forgotten about the golf.

J70

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 20, 2014, 09:29:46 PM

I thought we shot pretty well given the pressure the Monaghan defense was putting on the forwards. I'd have bitten your hand off for a score of 15 points before the match. Beyond that, I'm more than happy to see us dismissed, although if we win our quarter final, we'll be meeting Dublin and will go in as raging underdogs with nothing to lose anyway.

yellowcard

I think that Donegal are the only team capable of beating Dublin this year. At no stage in today's game did they look like not winning and Dublin will hate playing against them.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on July 20, 2014, 10:59:49 PM
I think that Donegal are the only team capable of beating Dublin this year. At no stage in today's game did they look like not winning and Dublin will hate playing against them.

Armagh v. Donegal in the All-Ireland Gurriering Championship final to decide who gets the honour to play the Dubs. Don't sell yourselves short.

babarino

Well done Donegal, deserved Ulster Champions. And your minors did the business too. Proud year for the Hills.

Donegal's midfield won it, with better fielding and forraging. K Huges made a difference when he went out, which left us with less to target up front.

We had some good individual performances, but poor Monaghan misses at the start gave Donegal a momentum. Donegal missed a fair few scorables throughout, which Jimmy will no doubt look at.

Monaghan are down, not out, and we'll be better next time out.

imtommygunn

Would be interesting to see monaghan dublin now if monaghan beat kildare.they'd provide a very different challenge.

Donegal can squeeze the life out of teams- there's no team out there to match them in turning over ball. Really they were a good bit better than monaghan today though that's no shame on monaghan who are a good team.

Fun starts now. Realistically all the provincial winners strong favourites unless cork get the finger out.

sligoman2

Monaghan May be a good team but their tactics were terrible.  How often do you unsuccessfully kick a high ball into a full forward that is surrounded by 4 markers?  It was hard to believe that they did not change that.
Having said that, I hope we don't repeat that nonsense with marren and Kelly v Cork.

Congrats to donegal on the double, but it really was almost unwatchable and I will admit I switched over to the golf a few times too.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

DoireGael

Quote from: armaghniac on July 20, 2014, 04:27:22 PM
QuoteYeah has anyone a link?

Who needs a link, it is on BBC, RTÉ and GAAGo!!

Monaghan defending well, but getting nothing out of long balls to double/triple marked forwards. That last point was an excellent turnover followed by a dodgy free. Donegal better balanced.

You can't get it on BBC or RTE if your outside of Ireland and I'm fed up paying €10 a game on GAAGO, therefore that's the people that need a link.

beer baron

Judging from what i was hearing last night the Monaghan fans are certain the ref was the only reason Donegal won. Am i  missing something? I thought Monaghan were lucky not to get a few reds  ???

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: beer baron on July 21, 2014, 09:30:43 AM
Judging from what i was hearing last night the Monaghan fans are certain the ref was the only reason Donegal won. Am i  missing something? I thought Monaghan were lucky not to get a few reds  ???

The refereee certainly got a few calls wrong, but a few of the monaghan players on yellows sailed very close to the wind and can be thankful they didnt see red.
The biggest complaint monaghan can have is the penalty call, which i though should have been given for a foot block
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

armaghniac

Quote from: DoireGael on July 21, 2014, 08:16:29 AM
You can't get it on BBC or RTE if your outside of Ireland and I'm fed up paying €10 a game on GAAGO, therefore that's the people that need a link.

Don't be such a tightwad and stop trying to ask people on a GAA forum how to rip off the GAA.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DoireGael

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2014, 09:53:06 AM

Don't be such a tightwad and stop trying to ask people on a GAA forum how to rip off the GAA.

I don't know were to start with this one. Is it pumped or stuffed? For those who watch multiple GAA games at the weekend.

Simple Math
3 games this weekend = Paid €30 is it value? Who's doing the ripping off?
UFC Fight Night watched 6 fights for €6

imtommygunn

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2014, 09:53:06 AM

How much do you pay to watch the games...