Spillane overlooked for kerry manager.

Started by rrhf, July 01, 2014, 10:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Radio reported earlier that darragh o se was reappointed kerry under 21 manager ahead of pat Spillane.   What's the story?

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: rrhf on July 01, 2014, 10:33:46 PM
Radio reported earlier that darragh o se was reappointed kerry under 21 manager ahead of pat Spillane.   What's the beef down in  "butter would nt melt in their mouths" land..?

Pat didn't get the job because he is clueless, simple as.

While we're here, where does your poisonous attitude to Kerry (amongst other things) come from?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

rrhf

Tis a poor play on words alright.  Theres one main reason for that and his poisonous attitude to Tyrone. 

Zip Code

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 02, 2014, 01:36:48 AM
Radio reported earlier that darragh o se was reappointed kerry under 21 manager ahead of pat Spillane.   What's the beef down in  "butter would nt melt in their mouths" land..?

Pat didn't get the job because he is clueless, simple as.

While we're here, where does your poisonous attitude to Kerry (amongst other things) come from?

Don't worry he has a poisonous attitude to a lot of counties, most just ignore him for what he is.

johnneycool

Saw pictures of the bold Pat out at a Cúl Camp in New York along with the Gooch, Bomber Liston and Eoin Brosnan (well that's who I thought he was), so the Kerry association out there must be covering the expenses well enough.

orangeman

Quote from: johnneycool on July 02, 2014, 09:41:04 AM

Saw pictures of the bold Pat out at a Cúl Camp in New York along with the Gooch, Bomber Liston and Eoin Brosnan (well that's who I thought he was), so the Kerry association out there must be covering the expenses well enough.

Kerry Gaa were out fund raising.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on July 02, 2014, 09:43:45 AM

And they brought Pat?

AZOffaly

Spillane would be a huge draw for the monied generation of Kerry people over in the States. These probably left Ireland in the 80s or even before that, and Spillane would be king.

orangeman

Quote from: johnneycool on July 02, 2014, 09:45:24 AM
Quote from: orangeman on July 02, 2014, 09:43:45 AM

And they brought Pat?

Pat and a good few big stars.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 02, 2014, 09:49:09 AM
Spillane would be a huge draw for the monied generation of Kerry people over in the States. These probably left Ireland in the 80s or even before that, and Spillane would be king.

True hence Bomber as well.

I suppose NY Tipp still wheel out Nicky English every once in a while.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: rrhf on July 02, 2014, 08:23:31 AM
Tis a poor play on words alright.  Theres one main reason for that and his poisonous attitude to Tyrone.

If I understand correctly, you are basing your contempt for an entire county on stuff one out of touch, clueless pundit (having been a fantastic player to be fair) has said on television or in media? Quiet silly and childish if that's the case, but anyway...
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

rosnarun

Pat Looks more intelligent every week he's on with the brolly bollix.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Aristo 60

Quote from: rosnarun on July 02, 2014, 03:51:22 PM
Pat Looks more intelligent every week he's on with the brolly bollix.

I wouldn't say intelligent - but he does appear more considered in his approach by comparison these days.

manfromdelmonte

surely as a PE teacher he'd have a background in training teams and coaching?

johnneycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 02, 2014, 04:21:32 PM
surely as a PE teacher he'd have a background in training teams and coaching?

aye 20 odd years ago maybe, not now.