R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNAMHVJa-4k&feature=youtu.be

You need to be fast on the pause button lads.
I can see why the RTE experts missed it.

Is there any rule about holding a man's throat?

haveaharp

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2014, 02:23:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNAMHVJa-4k&feature=youtu.be

You need to be fast on the pause button lads.
I can see why the RTE experts missed it.

Is there any rule about holding a man's throat?

If there was Conor Gormley would rarely last a match

ONeill

Orchard heros wept after sinking Red Hands

Coach Peter McDonnell says Armagh's players were crying in the dressing room at Omagh after Sunday's victory over Tyrone.

The Orchard County upset the odds to dump their neighbours out of the championship with a brilliant Qualifier Round Two performance at Healy Park and McDonnell admits emotions were running high afterwards:

"There's been a lot of criticism levelled against them and they haven't stopped," he told Linwoods Armagh TV.

"When you walk into a dressing room after an event like this and see lads on their hands and knees crying because of how much it meant to them, there's something to be truly proud of.

"People should appreciate how lucky they are that regardless of where we are in the history of Armagh football that there's young lads there prepared to put life and limb on the line for their county. And the least they can expect is to be embraced and supported by their own."

Ciaran McKeever slapped a few of the crying players.

http://hoganstand.com/Armagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=220530
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Is that true Shane?
Surely no grown man playing GAA would get that emotional about beating Tyrone.
Especially as they're a completely new bunch of young lads.

Fuzzman

Quote from: yellowcard on July 15, 2014, 12:18:56 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2014, 11:54:15 AM
So just for the record Yellow you still maintain there was no intent, contact or harm done?

Harm done? Definitely not, Cavanagh never flinched nor suffered any injury. I've seen worse in a school playground. As for the intent and contact bits, well there are different levels of intent and contact. I'm sure he intended to make contact with Cavanagh just as other players wished to engage in throat grabbing, pushing and wrestling in the same incident. Its all part of the bravado and psychological warfare that players like to engage in particularly early on in matches. Anyway this incident has received far too much talk already than it actually warrants so I'm not going to give it any more discussion. You might be better off discussing what lies ahead for the future of Tyrone football and its manager after a poor season.   

tiempo

Howzat?

Blatant red card for McKeever. Or is there anyone who is going to condone elbows to the face?

Manys a broken jaw resulted from cowardly actions such as this. Would sicken yer hole.

haveaharp

Quote from: tiempo on July 15, 2014, 03:54:34 PM

Howzat?

Blatant red card for McKeever. Or is there anyone who is going to condone elbows to the face?

Manys a broken jaw resulted from cowardly actions such as this. Would sicken yer hole.

thats not his elbow its his forearm

brokencrossbar1

Give over ye shower of crying yaps.  Your crew have been the masters of the nasty dark arts for the last decade and more, when ye get a wee bit of it back you need to suck it up!!!  Cavanagh's reputation goes against him so when he does get a bit of a belt it is hard to believe if it is real...boy who cried wolf syndrome!  Bate fair and square,  have a bit of decorum and take it on the chin!!!

brokencrossbar1

ONeill

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 15, 2014, 04:19:17 PM
Give over ye shower of crying yaps.  Your crew have been the masters of the nasty dark arts for the last decade and more, when ye get a wee bit of it back you need to suck it up!!!  Cavanagh's reputation goes against him so when he does get a bit of a belt it is hard to believe if it is real...boy who cried wolf syndrome!  Bate fair and square,  have a bit of decorum and take it on the chin!!!

Aye says the boy casual with the oul elbows himself.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2014, 04:34:55 PM

And what?  That was 10 years ago Shane,  I quit that a long time ago!!!  And for what it's worth I received my own fair share back!!!  I didn't bitch and moan like and old granny because I got a slap in the mouth,  I got on with it and played the game,  part and parcel!

T Fearon

If Tyrone Tribulation had to involve me they might have included me in a mildly funny sketch

harlechman

Fuzzman any chance you could contact TG4 and get a few freeze-frames of Conor Gormley's stamp on a Cork player lying on the ground during the league game this year?

ONeill

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 15, 2014, 04:38:23 PM

And what?  That was 10 years ago Shane,  I quit that a long time ago!!!  And for what it's worth I received my own fair share back!!!  I didn't bitch and moan like and old granny because I got a slap in the mouth,  I got on with it and played the game,  part and parcel!

The only slaps you got were from Francie in training.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2014, 04:45:23 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 15, 2014, 04:38:23 PM

The only slaps you got were from Francie in training.

The only ones that hurt anyway  :P