R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 04, 2014, 08:43:51 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 01, 2014, 08:39:32 AM
Quote from: Agent Orange on June 30, 2014, 06:29:21 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2014, 04:42:14 PM
We've beaten them 433 times since the 2002 first round game.

Sorry about the 2005 Ulster final, we won't mention the cheating in 2003 ;)

Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2014, 04:42:14 PM
McKeever will get sent off.

Surely the ref will see through Tyrones diving?

But aren't we getting ahead of ourselves, Armagh have bigger fish to fry, in the Ulster final.

The ref gifted Armagh the 2005 final, but it spurred Tyrone on at the end of the summer.

I think Paul McGranes inability to pick a ball up spurred Tyrone on that day. That and the still inexplicible decision to take of McGeeney. Of all the loses over the years the 2005 semi final hurts the most. Even more than 03 because Im not sure we would have beaten Tyrone even if Marsden stayed on the pitch

The 2005 final replay 'loss' is one that still annoys me too, Tyrone more than likely would have won if it had not been for the referee. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 04, 2014, 08:43:51 AM
I think Paul McGranes inability to pick a ball up spurred Tyrone on that day. That and the still inexplicible decision to take of McGeeney. Of all the loses over the years the 2005 semi final hurts the most. Even more than 03 because Im not sure we would have beaten Tyrone even if Marsden stayed on the pitch

Fair play to you Tonto. One of the few Armagh men to admit this. Tyrone had a lot of chanced for goals in the 2003 final which we just didn't put away. That was a high tension day in Croker and fair play to all the Armagh fans around me who shook my hand after the game and took their defeat well.

Unlike a lot of my fellow county men on here I am worried about this game and think both Armagh or Monaghan could beat us. Armagh certainly look to have caught themselves on and are up for the battle much more now. Monaghan weren't great v Tyrone the first day but that was only their first game of the championship whereas now they are about to go into their 3rd.

Amazing isn't it that Cork v Kerry this weekend for the first piece of silverware of the summer whereas Monaghan, reigning Ulster champs will be playing their 3rd game and are still not even in the final.
For a totally unbiased sports expert to come in and examine our interpro set up he would laugh that we have 32 counties (more or less) yet typical Irish style we manage to screw it up.

As a matter of interest who do most Tyrone people want to meet in the next round and why?
For me, whilst it would be nice to get revenge against Monaghan, I think we would have a better chance v Armagh if we could "hold" Jamie boy

WT4E

I would like Armagh - Better atmosphere - they don't have the same chip on their shoulder as Monaghan seem to have.

It would be a more open game too I would think!

ONeill

I'd prefer Armagh too. A more civilised bunch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Yes less Dicks and Moans I suppose.

Still, it would be nice if we could maintain 10 years unbeaten to Armagh.
How things have changed in those 10 years.

On a serious note. Being a Southern Softie these days, would there be much tension around if this game is in Omagh on the 12/13th or is there a plan to move it?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2014, 11:19:14 AM
Yes less Dicks and Moans I suppose.

Still, it would be nice if we could maintain 10 years unbeaten to Armagh.
How things have changed in those 10 years.

On a serious note. Being a Southern Softie these days, would there be much tension around if this game is in Omagh on the 12/13th or is there a plan to move it?

i would imagine there is no way it could be played on the 12th , it will have to be the 13th
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

drici

There's a Full Moon on 12th of July this year - no chance of the match going ahead on that date.

Fuzzman

Is there any chance they could move it to the 19th/20th or does it have to be next weekend?

drici

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2014, 12:21:01 PM

Is there any chance they could move it to the 19th/20th or does it have to be next weekend?

The Winners are due to play one of Down/Kildare/Cavan/Roscommon/Carlow/Clare on Saturday 19th July.

Aaron Boone

Twelfth Venues 2014

The 17 demonstrations on Saturday, July 12, will be held in:

Limavady

Markethill

Larne

Belfast

Irvinestown

Newtownards

Gilford

Clough

Kilkeel

Dungannon

Omagh

Ballygawley

Broughshane

Ballymena

Cullybackey

Ballinderry

Ballymoney

omagh_gael

Petey Harte broke his wrist last night with the club according to the Tyrone club thread.

omaghjoe

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 05, 2014, 10:50:51 AM
Petey Harte broke his wrist last night with the club according to the Tyrone club thread.

FFS!

rrhf

Peter and pj will be big losses. Best of luck to the lads.

tyroneman

Fuzzman

So Monaghan off the hook. For the time being anyway until Donegal knock them out.  :o :o

So is it in Omagh then next Sunday or does that need to be confirmed?

Hopefully Joey or Block can come in for Harte which could be a blessing in disguise