Clare Daly brands GAA 'grab all association'

Started by Bord na Mona man, June 19, 2014, 09:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Wallace's jeep is a left hand drive, so he's usually all over the road!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 19, 2014, 09:45:21 AM
If her attack was based on the site being used for such a farcical concept as a Westmeath 'centre of excellence', it would have been perfectly valid.

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 19, 2014, 09:53:05 AM
In fairness, I think it's actually called the 'Centre of Mediocrity'

Biffos in glasshouses...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 19, 2014, 04:02:41 PM
If her attack was based on the site being used for such a farcical concept as a Westmeath 'centre of excellence', it would have been perfectly valid.

Biffos in glasshouses...

We aspire to mediocrity. If we threw stones in a glasshouse, we'd miss!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 19, 2014, 04:12:28 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 19, 2014, 04:02:41 PM

Biffos in glasshouses...

We aspire to mediocrity. If we threw stones in a glasshouse, we'd miss!

Sure ye probably have all the windows put out by now anyway
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

johnneycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 19, 2014, 03:54:37 PM
she has a point

the barracks is a HUGE site. and it belongs to all the local people
Westmeath GAA only need a few parts of buildings, which are spread out in a few separate buildings and the playing fields (which are in terrible condition)

the place could be used by half the sports clubs and community groups in Mullingar and there'd still be space left over.

Have the 'half the sports clubs and community groups in Mullingar' expressed an interest in developing this area?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: johnneycool on June 19, 2014, 04:23:22 PM
she has a point

Westmeath GAA only need a few parts of buildings, which are spread out in a few separate buildings and the playing fields (which are in terrible condition)

the place could be used by half the sports clubs and community groups in Mullingar and there'd still be space left over.

Have the 'half the sports clubs and community groups in Mullingar' expressed an interest in developing this area?
This is key.
Have other sports and organisations been rebuffed, or are the GAA being kicked for taking first mover advantage?

deiseach

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 19, 2014, 04:39:20 PM
Have other sports and organisations been rebuffed, or are the GAA being kicked for taking first mover advantage?

It reminds me of the £20 million given to the GAA in order to advance the Bertie Bowl. You could argue it was money badly spent in itself, but if you added up the amount of projects this money might have been spent on it would have run into billions.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: deiseach on June 19, 2014, 04:46:25 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 19, 2014, 04:39:20 PM

It reminds me of the £20 million given to the GAA in order to advance the Bertie Bowl. You could argue it was money badly spent in itself, but if you added up the amount of projects this money might have been spent on it would have run into billions.
Aye, that particular £20 million was a magic £20 million that could shorten hospital A+E queues, keep the elderly in heating fuel, fix leaks in schools, reduce class sizes and keep Garda stations open.

We'd have been like an oil rich gulf state had there been a couple of more £20 mills like that one.

BennyCake

Anyone I've ever heard use the Grab All line, has never played a game of football or hurling nor has any involvement in the GAA in any way.

Rossfan

They're usually oul bitter soccer begrudgers, probably with a skanger Dublin/Sligo/Athlone etc accent who (not unlike Ms Daly's leftist ex buddies) think they should get everything but pay for nothing. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Donnellys Hollow

She's originally from Newbridge. I wonder is she a Sarsfields or a Moorefield woman?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on June 19, 2014, 05:35:58 PM
Anyone I've ever heard use the Grab All line, has never played a game of football or hurling nor has any involvement in the GAA in any way.
I've often heard it at hurling matches!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on June 19, 2014, 05:35:58 PM

Err, no. The GAA's own members and supporters are the biggest offenders.

muppet

she has a point

She has a point lazily condemning the GAA as the 'Grab All Association'?

MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 19, 2014, 05:55:45 PM
She's originally from Newbridge.
She got a new accent somewhere along the line  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM