Donegal v Mayo NFL Final

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, April 15, 2007, 06:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 16, 2007, 10:11:42 AM
Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on April 15, 2007, 07:19:32 PMO'Mahony is from Kilmovee which is a village in Mayo and a separate parish to Ballaghaderreen. There is no Mayo side of Ballaghaderreen town - it is all in Roscommon, including O'Mahony's current residence. The Mayo border starts about 5 miles out the road and the "Welcome to Mayo" sign can be seen just before you enter the village of Carracastle.

Is Kilmovee far from Carracastle?

Just outside it, along the mayo/ross border as well
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bod Mor

Its hard to say anything about this match. On the one hand If we win it there'll be a few swollen heads around (including fans), on the other hand if we lost it it might provide a bit of bite in lead up training to D-Day-May 20th.
Lets face it, i'd rather us be beaten out the gate on Sunday and have a 1 point win in Salthill on May 20th.
Its fair to say at this stage that O'Mahony knows his championship team. Would anyone eat the head off me if I said Kilcullen is guaranteed the no.3 jersey and Padden the no.6 jersey come the championship?

Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

highorlow

QuoteWould anyone eat the head off me if I said Kilcullen is guaranteed the no.3 jersey and Padden the no.6 jersey come the championship?

I'd say these positions are correct.

Midfield and the CHF line are still in doubt i'd have thought?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: highorlow on April 17, 2007, 11:10:45 AM
QuoteWould anyone eat the head off me if I said Kilcullen is guaranteed the no.3 jersey and Padden the no.6 jersey come the championship?

I'd say these positions are correct.

Midfield and the CHF line are still in doubt i'd have thought?

To my mind, nobody's position is safe, which is as it should be. You might see Liam O'Malley at fullback yet, with either Higgins either side. If David Brady comes back, David Heaney might go to centre half back - we don't know. Men could be drafted in from the Under-21 panel. We don't know. And the posts of the Galwaymen in the Mayo v Galway thread make for very thought-provoking reading indeed as Salthill nears. It's a windy road yet I'd say.

nephinbeg

As regards CHB padden has been top quality there all season and from my calculation kept his man scoreless on all bar two matches, yes he did make some bad mistakes on the ball last sunday and got punished. But thats football ..
Kilcullen is the best of what we have there... there is no one else in Mayo... What is the point in playing O MALLEY there if we are going to come uop against the kingdom some time in the summer.

Mayo fans have to stop being so apocolyptic, Id still be more wary of Gardeiners point blank refusal to defend

Redgreenery

D Brady has been ruled out of the game v Donegal due to his ongoing calf injury.

Farrandeelin

Has anyone any clue as to if tickets will be on sale in Croke Park this week? I presume thye will be at the rear of the Cusack stand.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: Redgreenery on April 17, 2007, 04:47:08 PM
D Brady has been ruled out of the game v Donegal due to his ongoing calf injury.

Looks like both sides will be missing some of their more important men i.e. Devenney and Cassidy for us, McDonald, Brady, McGarrity for you.

Redgreenery

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 17, 2007, 05:43:52 PM
Has anyone any clue as to if tickets will be on sale in Croke Park this week? I presume thye will be at the rear of the Cusack stand.
I'd say they will be on sale at all the little box offices around, you could get them on ticketmaster aswell.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: J70 on April 17, 2007, 05:47:40 PM

Looks like both sides will be missing some of their more important men i.e. Devenney and Cassidy for us, McDonald, Brady, McGarrity for you.

Are the county board not appealing Cass's red???
Tbc....

J70

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 17, 2007, 07:06:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 17, 2007, 05:47:40 PM

Are the county board not appealing Cass's red???

Yes.

dodo

Could also be a good excuse for Cassidy to head to Boston to earn his few shekels !

Cllr Willie Power

Quote from: Bod Mor on April 17, 2007, 07:20:20 AM
Would anyone eat the head off me if I said Kilcullen is guaranteed the no.3 jersey and Padden the no.6 jersey come the championship?

I wouldn't eat the head off you but I would say that if they are there come the Championship then we won't be in Croker in September...  ;)

To my mind, there's still a few positions up for grabs and we still have far too many square pegs in round holes. I reckon the following positions are still up for grabs: full back, wing back, centre back, 2 midfield and 2 in the forwards. Some of the players may switch positions to fill these but I would see a few changes come Championship time.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Cllr Willie Power on April 17, 2007, 08:58:05 PM
Quote from: Bod Mor on April 17, 2007, 07:20:20 AM
Would anyone eat the head off me if I said Kilcullen is guaranteed the no.3 jersey and Padden the no.6 jersey come the championship?

I wouldn't eat the head off you but I would say that if they are there come the Championship then we won't be in Croker in September...  ;)

To my mind, there's still a few positions up for grabs and we still have far too many square pegs in round holes. I reckon the following positions are still up for grabs: full back, wing back, centre back, 2 midfield and 2 in the forwards. Some of the players may switch positions to fill these but I would see a few changes come Championship time.
I think we will see a new full back,wing back,one midfielder and one in the half forwards and one in the full forward line.

Tyrones own

I'll take Mayo by 2 or 3 in this one, Will this be the first game in the league that Donegal hasn't fielded or very close to
A championship starting 15? its a long way to Aug/Sept, Devenney will be a big loss, McFadden will probably go into hiding like he usually does in big games
and as for Cassidy, i have a feeling this is just the start of the suspensions for Donegal this year, i just got a chance to see the Kildare game
some very cynical play altogether from the Donegal men namely Gallagher, Cassidy, Monaghan and that little thorn in the hole Roper.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann