USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 02, 2014, 11:59:12 AM
It's bad when EC  is laughing at you!!!  Armagh should wise up.  Media bans?  Them and us?  Pile of auld shite.  Football is played on the field and the game should be focused on that.  The omerta becomes the story and puts undue pressure on the players to obey the silence.  Also as someone said elsewhere the man with the microphone is always the winner so why not use him.  I honestly don't understand it at all! 

Anyway,  will be interesting to see how the replay goes.  Was very surprised how well Armagh played but the element of surprise is gone.  Can they retain the work rate level this time again when Monaghan know what is coming?  I don't know btu it will make interesting viewing.

I would say that Monaghan were warned in advance of the first game i.e. we knew what Armagh were gonna bring, and that's a worry..

There's a better performance in Monaghan, they are not as bad as they showed last Saturday. For me the question is, how much better can Armagh be? I'd imagine they will be stronger with the return of Mallon, Donaghy and Toner. Will these three lads walk back into the team? Surely that'd be unfair on the lads who played on Saturday?

From a Monaghan point of view I would like to see Finlay on from the start in place of Donaghy. Donaghy forages well but he doesn't offer enough from a scoring point of view. Finlay would be a much needed long range shooting option, given the system of play (which is similar in both teams I might add..)

Maguire01

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 02, 2014, 02:06:33 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 02, 2014, 11:59:12 AM
It's bad when EC  is laughing at you!!!  Armagh should wise up.  Media bans?  Them and us?  Pile of auld shite.  Football is played on the field and the game should be focused on that.  The omerta becomes the story and puts undue pressure on the players to obey the silence.  Also as someone said elsewhere the man with the microphone is always the winner so why not use him.  I honestly don't understand it at all! 

Anyway,  will be interesting to see how the replay goes.  Was very surprised how well Armagh played but the element of surprise is gone.  Can they retain the work rate level this time again when Monaghan know what is coming?  I don't know btu it will make interesting viewing.

I would say that Monaghan were warned in advance of the first game i.e. we knew what Armagh were gonna bring, and that's a worry..

There's a better performance in Monaghan, they are not as bad as they showed last Saturday. For me the question is, how much better can Armagh be? I'd imagine they will be stronger with the return of Mallon, Donaghy and Toner. Will these three lads walk back into the team? Surely that'd be unfair on the lads who played on Saturday?

From a Monaghan point of view I would like to see Finlay on from the start in place of Donaghy. Donaghy forages well but he doesn't offer enough from a scoring point of view. Finlay would be a much needed long range shooting option, given the system of play (which is similar in both teams I might add..)
Last weekend Monaghan played poorly and still just managed not to win. We know Monaghan can play a lot better, and hopefully can up their game significantly. The question is, can Armagh match any improvement from Monaghan?

naka

Lot of Monaghan people assuming they will play better and win.
For me as an Armagh man I believe that we have turned the corner .
Fancy us to get a goal or 2 and win by a couple of points.

Zip Code

If Monaghan's shooting improves Armagh will find it tough staying with them.

ardchieftain

Really looking forward to the game on Sunday. It will be another tight affair but i firmly believe that Armagh are capable of winning. Before last weeks game i thought the performance more so than the result was of vital importance in the development of the team. If we got within 2 or 3 points of Monaghan i'd have been fairly happy if we performed well. We done more than that. The Armagh of the last few years would have crumbled after going 3 points down near the end of the game but the steel is back. Reminds me a bit of 98/99.

My heart says Armagh to win, my head concurs.

Abble

Quote from: Zip Code on July 02, 2014, 10:14:24 PM
If Monaghan's shooting improves Armagh will find it tough staying with them.

what were the wide counts from Saturday cos i thought our shooting was terrible and had far more wides than Monaghan ?

macdanger2

Are the three suspended armagh players back for this game??

Armaghgeddon

Schkite

Quote from: naka on July 02, 2014, 09:54:08 PM
Lot of Monaghan people assuming they will play better and win.
For me as an Armagh man I believe that we have turned the corner .
Fancy us to get a goal or 2 and win by a couple of points.

If ye can hold our forwards as well again and test our defence as much again, yeah I could see yous winning. It would be a low-scoring win though I'd say, I don't know where the confidence in getting goals comes from, I also seen elsewhere Armagh men before the first game very confident of getting a couple of goals. We haven't conceded a championship goal since 2012 and despite our defence getting ruined last week Beggan only had one simple save to make. Goals may come but form suggests otherwise.

We can improve a good bit but that's not to say we will, a lot to work on this week. If we perform the same, as I say I can see Armagh winning a low-scoring game. It'd be hard to see Beggan getting as many points this week to keep us ticking over. I am confident we'll see an improvement, but alot of players need to step it up and there's a few selection issues for Malachy to ponder, in the HF line especially.

stew

You are overdue to concede a few goals and Clarke is the man to break ye!

We have three key men available to us and I think we can get this done, here's hoping!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

That's three times Malachy O'Rourke (possibly four as I'm not sure he was manager of Fermanagh in 2010) has come up against Armagh in the Championship and he has yet to get a win.

tonto1888

Game not being on tele is a pain in the arse for those of us living away from home. At least I will be back on Tuesday so will get to go to one game anyway

J OGorman

The Armagh men have the chests out once more. Good to see, should be a right hardy battle this weekend. Fierce pity the game is not being televised.

Main Street

Good to see that you have shed your catatonic ways and are now beating your chests and rattling the sabres.
Armagh pride!
For too long you have had to lie low with swords firmly sheathed.

Armaghgeddon

Great to see the buzz around this team but far too often we have performed well and then played poorly in he next game. We still haven't produced back to back wins in Ulster for quite a while and yes the draw with reigning Ulster champions was encouraging we haven't done anything yet.