USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Even Grimley can't restrain himself any longer under the restraints of the repressive media ban and leaps high (as high as possible under his circumstances) to issue the clarion call to recapture the glory of yesteryears.

Armaghgeddon

EC Unique

Quote from: Main Street on July 03, 2014, 02:30:05 PM
Even Grimley can't restrain himself any longer under the restraints of the repressive media ban and leaps high (as high as possible under his circumstances) to issue the clarion call to recapture the glory of yesteryears.

;D ;D ;D

Main Street

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 03, 2014, 03:54:33 PM
Monaghan copying Armagh with imposing media ban
if there's any milage to be got by imposing a media ban, we are not going to let Armagh get all the benefits.
And we should be able to do a media ban better than Armagh have managed so far.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Main Street on July 03, 2014, 08:54:35 PM
if there's any milage to be got by imposing a media ban, we are not going to let Armagh get all the benefits.

Our media ban's better than yours?

stew

Quote from: Main Street on July 03, 2014, 08:54:35 PM

Jeez! We lasted as long on this ban as the loyalist hunger strikers did on their wee fast!  :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Armamike

So how many of you farney supporters are now going to reassess your recent opinions on media bans?  ;D
That's just, like your opinion man.

Maguire01

Quote from: Armamike on July 03, 2014, 10:21:49 PM
So how many of you farney supporters are now going to reassess your recent opinions on media bans?  ;D
Not me. Don't see the point/benefit in them.
Not that there are ever any great or exciting revelations when there's no ban.

babarino

In any event, with the power of social media, county boards should be well able to counteract any publicity that they deem unfair. Established print or TV media don't or shouldn't have the power they did a few years ago.

Main Street

Armagh were crap, now they have ideas that they have some unfulfilled mission, to show the world that they have a football tradition. I have to admit this has unsettled the Monaghan team out of their comfort zone.
We have uncovered Armagh's weapon, the source of their strength and now we are strutting about with our lips firmly shut.

armaghniac

And not only are the men of Armagh on the march, but our women are attempting to topple a traditional area of Monaghan dominence. We aim to give Farney folk of all genders the blues.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sleater

This is the starting 15 Monaghan has submitted to the media for the replay. I wonder what the actual line up will be. I personally think Gollogly will start at CHF. McKenna may possibly start, though I think Jap should start. The defensive match ups will change from the first game.

Rory Beggan
Kieran Duffy
Drew Wylie
Colin Walshe
Dessie Mone
Vinny Corey
Fintan Kelly
Dick Clerkin
Darren Hughes
Ryan Wylie
Chris Mc Guinness
Paudie Mc Kenna
Dermot Malone
Kieran Hughes
Conor McManus

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Sleater on July 04, 2014, 10:15:52 AM
This is the starting 15 Monaghan has submitted to the media for the replay. I wonder what the actual line up will be. I personally think Gollogly will start at CHF. McKenna may possibly start, though I think Jap should start. The defensive match ups will change from the first game.

Rory Beggan
Kieran Duffy
Drew Wylie
Colin Walshe
Dessie Mone
Vinny Corey
Fintan Kelly
Dick Clerkin
Darren Hughes
Ryan Wylie
Chris Mc Guinness
Paudie Mc Kenna
Dermot Malone
Kieran Hughes
Conor McManus

I've a feeling that'll be close to the starting line up. As much as I'd like to see Finlay on from the start for his distribution/long range scoring he doesn't offer what might be needed from a defensive point of view i.e. our wing forwards need to defend. If we can compete in MF and get the ball into the forwards then Finlay should be on, if we are struggling in MF and have Armagh attacking us then Wylie's a better option.