Derry v Longford AIQs 1A - Sat 21 Jun 2014 at 5pm Celtic Park

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 10, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Well.

This is as bad as it can get for Longford.

A team going nowhere at best but most likely backwards against a team on the up (despite their setbacks v Dublin and Donegal).

All we can hope is that Derry would look on this as an easy one and not prepare properly and we could spring a major surprise. However, given that Derry feel they owe us one from the Qualifiers a few years back then, well, I can't even hang any hope on this.

As this game is on the same day as Horslips in Dunluce I will make it. I've never been to Celtic Park so if some of the Derry lads here have any tips on finding the ground and where to park etc. I can, of course, rely on Sat Nav etc.

There is a chance that I could be one of less than 50 supporters there  :-\

lynchbhoy

you will prob come up via monaghan, omagh, strabane
take the left (west ) over /under the blue bridge over the Foyle park in the foyleside centre and get up onto the Derry walls looking over the western side and you will see where the pitch is

then walk through 'the diamond' down the hollow an up to the pitch
will take you about 15 mins walk

screenexile

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 10, 2014, 03:05:51 PM
Well.

A team going nowhere at best but most likely backwards against a team on the up (despite their setbacks v Dublin and Donegal).

All we can hope is that Derry would look on this as an easy one and not prepare properly and we could spring a major surprise. However, given that Derry feel they owe us one from the Qualifiers a few years back then, well, I can't even hang any hope on this.

As this game is on the same day as Horslips in Dunluce I will make it. I've never been to Celtic Park so if some of the Derry lads here have any tips on finding the ground and where to park etc. I can, of course, rely on Sat Nav etc.

Ah you're being generous . . .  I doubt we'll have that many supporters at the match!!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on June 10, 2014, 04:33:15 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 10, 2014, 03:05:51 PM
Well.

Ah you're being generous . . .  I doubt we'll have that many supporters at the match!!!
was thinking we might have about that many each !!

Fuzzman

https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.993522,-7.3312855,16z
Would it not be better to send him on the lower deck blue bridge and then he can turn left out the Foyle Road.

Don't worry SS. We never win there either

J OGorman

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 10, 2014, 04:39:02 PM
Would it not be better to send him on the lower deck blue bridge and then he can turn left out the Foyle Road.

aye, she's sign posted (GAA stadium) on the lower deck of the Craigavon Br turning left onto the old Letterkenny Rd (Foyle Rd). Drive out there about a mile to you get to a wee roundabout. Turn right and stright up to the Theatre of Jeans. Arrive an hour before hand and parking will be OK

Derry for Sam

lynchbhoy

Either way across the bridge he can get parking in foyleside

This is handy enough if not familiar with Derry City!

If you get lost up one of the streets and miss Celtic park you could end up past creggan or rosemount and need an interpreter to understand directions from one of the locals !

J OGorman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 10, 2014, 08:04:25 PM

Either way across the bridge he can get parking in foyleside

This is handy enough if not familiar with Derry City!

If you get lost up one of the streets and miss Celtic park you could end up past creggan or rosemount and need an interpreter to understand directions from one of the locals !

put down the window and follow the smell of the economy burgers frying in the chip van

Wildweasel74

with me still smarting from the qualifier loss to Longford 2 years ago i expect Derry to go at this game full till and show Longford little mercy, they not be over complacent given Longford beat them 2 years ago, on another note its a pity McIvor doesn't revisit the Bradley's issue, nothing worst seeing 2 lads clock scores up for their club in the paper ever week and they never be considered while starting players are not showing the same scoring from for their clubs.

Real Talk

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2014, 09:33:37 PM
with me still smarting from the qualifier loss to Longford 2 years ago i expect Derry to go at this game full till and show Longford little mercy, they not be over complacent given Longford beat them 2 years ago, on another note its a pity McIvor doesn't revisit the Bradley's issue, nothing worst seeing 2 lads clock scores up for their club in the paper ever week and they never be considered while starting players are not showing the same scoring from for their clubs.

Nothing worst than flogging a 'dead horse(s)'

Wildweasel74

dead horses maybe but you should play the best players on form, who's showing this through the league, u made it well clear u dislike of the Bradley's on previous posts on the Derry forum

rodney trotter

Eoin Bradley is flying off to Boston, be hard for McIvor to call him up http://www.hoganstand.com/Derry/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218032
Paddy Bradley is involved with the Antrim set up,and coaching along side Kevin Cassidy with his home club in Donegal, he probaly has enough on his plate.

Shamrock Shore

Will there be a parade?

Should we get the Longford bize het up and ready to scrap?

Or are Derry more civilised than the Cavan and Armagh hooligans and will march like gentlemen?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Real Talk

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2014, 11:08:10 PM
dead horses maybe but you should play the best players on form, who's showing this through the league, u made it well clear u dislike of the Bradley's on previous posts on the Derry forum

That's an inaccurate comment.  I deal with the present and the options available to Brian McIvor.