Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Not good enough again by Tyrone when facing a side who are real contenders. Years now since Tyrone defeated a serious side and that's simply because the post-08 generation don't have that mentality.

Thought McCurry showed well despite the hospital passes. Sean dragged Tyrone back into contention but Tyrone seem to depend on that scenario a lot these last 2 years.

McManus wasn't fit but his free taking was first class. Good decision to play him.

Where do Tyrone go from here? Is Mickey getting the best out of a mediocre bunch? Possibly.

Monaghan won not playing well. They're easier on the eye than Donegal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

Hotshot Hamish

Quote from: Rois on June 15, 2014, 11:47:57 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 15, 2014, 11:35:56 PM

On the surface, Malone was unsporting, but you were way out line calling his action trampish.
I have changed it as never meant to cause that much offence- seriously, please someone PM me what this word really means!
It's hardly that offensive!  Someone is being a bit too sensitive.
I wouldn't be worrying about it Rois.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 15, 2014, 11:56:10 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2014, 11:50:36 PM
Quote from: Schkite on June 15, 2014, 11:39:43 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 15, 2014, 11:31:48 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2014, 11:28:16 PM
Hopefully RTE take their key analyst Tommy Carr to task then. He thought the Hughes incident was a blatant black card. After multiple replays he decided that Hughes "took one for the team" yet later his colleagues decide that Sean dived. I didn't see the Sunday Game but did they highlight how easily the lad went over for the penalty?
Clutching at straws.

It really is. I don't see how you can compare a penalty being given after clear contact with a player pulling another down with him to win a free. If your main defence is quoting Tommy Carr then it's not a very strong one to be fair.

I think the lad went down very easily - is that not a dive to achieve an advantage? There was clear contact between Hughes and Cavanagh. Why was Hughes' arm over the top of Sean's shoulder? My quote of Tommy Carr is more a dig at the analysis on RTE. They have experts looking at the same incident and they arrive at completely polar apart conclusions.
Crucially, the "experts" who had time to view the incident several times - and that's both Brolly and Spillane, and O'Se and Whelan - all reached the same conclusion.

And I haven't heard ANYONE else question the penalty decision.

Maguire the penalty decision was a farce. A textbook dive. A fair and legal tackle went in and he dropped like a stone. The reason no fuss had been made about that is firstly, because it wasn't scored, and secondly because Joe Brolly never mentioned it and if the last few pages of this thread (and several other threads) shows, most lads desperately need Joe to tell them what to think and then they'll blindly repeat him ad nauseum.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 15, 2014, 09:46:36 PM
Quote from: kickingmule on June 15, 2014, 09:28:54 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 15, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
Monaghan about six points the better team yet they almost allowed Tyrone to grab undeserved draw.
They scored 1.4 from open play!!!!  Tyrone scored 0.9 so where are you getting the six points from?
Monaghan deserved to win with a point to spare.
Very little between these teams.
Monaghan missed at least 2 clear goal chances - Tyrone didn't get a sniff at goal all day.
exactly wasn't a one point game as the scoreboard suggests.

kickingmule

Quote from: Agent Orange on June 15, 2014, 03:46:03 PM
Tramps nearly came back from the dead, they looked dead and buried. It will be the graveyard that is the back door for Hartes deadly divers. Doubt there will be a resurrection.

I bet you're dead proud of that post.
Now away back with ye  to the graveyard they dug you up from.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 15, 2014, 11:58:52 PM
Quote from: God14 on June 15, 2014, 11:53:00 PM
Sad to see hartes reign coming to an end in this manner. At odds with rte, at odds with referees, officialdom... He's at odds with many of his own supporters as well.

In Irish News tmro: @TyroneGAALive manager Mickey Harte refused to speak to the media after the Red Hands' Ulster SFC semi-final defeat

Maybe that's because they didn't play in the semi-final. Your mistake or theirs?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Schkite on June 15, 2014, 11:58:20 PM
Hopefully RTE take their key analyst Tommy Carr to task then. He thought the Hughes incident was a blatant black card. After multiple replays he decided that Hughes "took one for the team" yet later his colleagues decide that Sean dived. I didn't see the Sunday Game but did they highlight how easily the lad went over for the penalty?
Clutching at straws.

It really is. I don't see how you can compare a penalty being given after clear contact with a player pulling another down with him to win a free. If your main defence is quoting Tommy Carr then it's not a very strong one to be fair.

I think the lad went down very easily - is that not a dive to achieve an advantage? There was clear contact between Hughes and Cavanagh. Why was Hughes' arm over the top of Sean's shoulder? My quote of Tommy Carr is more a dig at the analysis on RTE. They have experts looking at the same incident and they arrive at completely polar apart conclusions.

There's definitely a difference between Cavanagh pulling Hughes's arm into him to look like he was dragged down when he wasn't, and Dessie coming into the penalty box at pace with a Tyrone defender running into him. If you think he went down easy then that's your opinion, but there's been no other complaints on that as far as I can see.

Regarding Tommy Carr, yeah they look at the same incident and came to different conclusions, but the lads in the studio have the benefit of time and replays to look over to decide exactly what happened. Mind you in this instance I thought the very first replay showed it clearly, maybe Carr didn't want to change his mind after initially saying it was a foul, or he could just be blind.

The penalty incident had no more contact than the Hughes one but that player doesn't have the profile to make it interesting.
That was never a square ball!!

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 16, 2014, 12:04:03 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 15, 2014, 11:56:10 PM
Clutching at straws.

Crucially, the "experts" who had time to view the incident several times - and that's both Brolly and Spillane, and O'Se and Whelan - all reached the same conclusion.

And I haven't heard ANYONE else question the penalty decision.

Maguire the penalty decision was a farce. A textbook dive. A fair and legal tackle went in and he dropped like a stone. The reason no fuss had been made about that is firstly, because it wasn't scored, and secondly because Joe Brolly never mentioned it and if the last few pages of this thread (and several other threads) shows, most lads desperately need Joe to tell them what to think and then they'll blindly repeat him ad nauseum.
If you think. I saw it as a clumsy tackle in the goal mouth. Was it a clean shoulder to shoulder charge?
Either way, it's academic.

Maguire01

Quote from: never kickt a ball on June 16, 2014, 12:07:43 AM
Sad to see hartes reign coming to an end in this manner. At odds with rte, at odds with referees, officialdom... He's at odds with many of his own supporters as well.

In Irish News tmro: @TyroneGAALive manager Mickey Harte refused to speak to the media after the Red Hands' Ulster SFC semi-final defeat

Maybe that's because they didn't play in the semi-final. Your mistake or theirs?
It's a copy and paste.

Schkite

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 16, 2014, 12:09:19 AM
Quote from: Schkite on June 15, 2014, 11:58:20 PM
Clutching at straws.

There's definitely a difference between Cavanagh pulling Hughes's arm into him to look like he was dragged down when he wasn't, and Dessie coming into the penalty box at pace with a Tyrone defender running into him. If you think he went down easy then that's your opinion, but there's been no other complaints on that as far as I can see.

Regarding Tommy Carr, yeah they look at the same incident and came to different conclusions, but the lads in the studio have the benefit of time and replays to look over to decide exactly what happened. Mind you in this instance I thought the very first replay showed it clearly, maybe Carr didn't want to change his mind after initially saying it was a foul, or he could just be blind.

The penalty incident had no more contact than the Hughes one but that player doesn't have the profile to make it interesting.

Ah there's no point in arguing with some lads, using the penalty decision to deflect away from Cavanagh diving yet again is incredible. Good luck to ye.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 16, 2014, 12:12:48 AM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on June 16, 2014, 12:07:43 AM

It's a copy and paste.

Ah so you have to assume they have written that with so much glee they forgot to check the accuracy of the tweet.
Good luck to Monaghan in the semi final.

orangeman

Monaghan have an excellent team on the pitch and an excellent management team off it. Well done to them. They work hard and have serious talent in a lot of positions. I can't see Armagh beating them and Donegal won't be looking forward to meeting them if Monaghan make the Ulster final.
Mc Manus will be better prepared the next day out.

BennyHarp

Quote from: orangeman on June 16, 2014, 12:39:49 AM
Monaghan have an excellent team on the pitch and an excellent management team off it. Well done to them. They work hard and have serious talent in a lot of positions. I can't see Armagh beating them and Donegal won't be looking forward to meeting them if Monaghan make the Ulster final.
Mc Manus will be better prepared the next day out.

I agree. Congratulations to them, I hope they can take to the next level and become genuine All Ireland contenders this year.
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

I don't want to go over ground that probably has been covered earlier but why was Mickey Harte so particularly incensed today at the referee ? He normally doesn't have a go like the way he reacted today. RTE are rubbing it into Tyrone every chance they get. And Joe is making hay.