Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Now... This'll not be handy, especially with McManus out, I mean who will the oscar nominated Sean Cavanagh pull to the floor now?

All joking aside, really looking forward to this one. Should be a good game. Tyrone in my opinion are not as bad as last Sunday and not as good as yesterday..

It's definitely gonna be a battle and our lads will need to step it up a level from the league and cut out some of the silly mistakes. We were good in some of the games but only middlin in others. I don't think we were particularly good in the league final either and Donegal flattered us somewhat.

Bring it on..

TheGateKeeper

Now... This'll not be handy, especially with McManus out, I mean who will the oscar nominated Sean Cavanagh pull to the floor now?

All joking aside, really looking forward to this one. Should be a good game. Tyrone in my opinion are not as bad as last Sunday and not as good as yesterday..

It's definitely gonna be a battle and our lads will need to step it up a level from the league and cut out some of the silly mistakes. We were good in some of the games but only middlin in others. I don't think we were particularly good in the league final either and Donegal flattered us somewhat.

Bring it on..

What are you on about handy lad! Jaysus you Monaghan boys are getting ahead of yourselves!  lol
A lot of the outcome might depend on whether Monaghan want to play football or box!  Or whether
they revert to type and fall apart when the see the white and red!
Joking aside... ahem...

Monaghan are going well at the moment; had a good league, will be buzzing as Ulster champions
and full of confidence! Tyrone will be more confident now after yesterday's  result; but it was only
Down at the end of the day!  Another draw could be on the cards for this battle; but the loss of
Mc Manus will be too much for Monaghan. Tyrone to scrape through in the replay.

Fuzzman

Apparently Tyrone's B team beat the A team last week so I wouldn't be surprised if he names the B team again with McGinley scoring 3.03

Main Street

I didn't see Tyrone in the replay, but winning that game in Newry  does lend some (missing) gravitas to their USFC campaign.
It's just such an honour for Monaghan to have the opportunity to renew rivalries against this great Tyrone team, under the eternal tutelage of the majestic Mickey Harte. It just feels so good to think we will be playing our long standing friends, rivals and great sportsmen, in such a profile Ulster championship game.
Own own ambition, football ability and refreshing breath of fresh air O'Rourke has brought into the squad, should be more than enough to have the empty vessels rattling like mad one more time. Even with out thinning squad, impoverished funds and wailing violins, we are in a better place than last last year's 1/4 final encounter and should  edge this game in Monaghan's favour.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

babarino

Quote from: ONeill on May 25, 2014, 10:39:12 PM
Monaghan don't beat Tyrone.

Kiss our rings.

We'll leave the ring kissing to you boys, thanks very much.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Schkite

Rumour has it McManus has flown out to Serbia for some horse placenta treatment in the hope we'll get 10 minutes out of him.

EC Unique

Monaghan have lost their element of surprise. There will be no shock in this game. Tyrone will beat Monaghan as they always do.

nrico2006

I don't see what Monaghan have done to be seen as some big threat all of a sudden.  The only two teams that I have believed to be in the running for Ulster this year are Donegal and Tyrone.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bensars

Interesting to see how Monaghan deal with the black card issue. Always thought them very cynical. A lot of pull and dragging to stop any play developing.

Schkite

Quote from: Bensars on May 26, 2014, 10:03:14 AM
Interesting to see how Monaghan deal with the black card issue. Always thought them very cynical. A lot of pull and dragging to stop any play developing.

We didn't get a black card in the league this year until the final. Have you seen much of Monaghan this year?

sensethetone

Bensars

The leagues mickey mouse, they werent put under any pressure.  when it comes to the heat of the championship, different story.  I'd say theres a few of your  boys will be bring cushions along with them !   :D

Schkite

Quote from: Bensars on May 26, 2014, 10:30:23 AM
The leagues mickey mouse, they werent put under any pressure.  when it comes to the heat of the championship, different story.

Aye but it's all we can go on so far with the black card, the defence has adapted well so far. None of this pulling and dragging that you lads are so fond of.

I think our defence will handle the Tyrone attack well enough, the question for me is if we'll score enough up front without McManus.