Dubl$n v Laois Sunday June 8th 2014 Dubl$n at home as always

Started by Dont Matter, May 20, 2014, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

;D The Dubs are doing a Bertie again. Deflecting. That they can't dispute or argue with any of the issues raised sends a clear message. They are aware that they're competing against every other county on an unequal footing but they don't care. The Dubs and their county board have a huge sense of entitlement, they see themselves as being above the rest of the country. They even wanted to be treated as a province on their own.
It's up to the rest of us to put a halt to this way of thinking. We are all equal in this amateur organisation, one county cannot be given special treatment, one county cannot receive huge financial assistance while others suffer. End the greed of Dubl$n GAA and HQ, put Gaelic Games before money.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 13, 2014, 02:50:09 PM
;D The Dubs are doing a Bertie again. Deflecting. That they can't dispute or argue with any of the issues raised sends a clear message. They are aware that they're competing against every other county on an unequal footing but they don't care. The Dubs and their county board have a huge sense of entitlement, they see themselves as being above the rest of the country. They even wanted to be treated as a province on their own.
It's up to the rest of us to put a halt to this way of thinking. We are all equal in this amateur organisation, one county cannot be given special treatment, one county cannot receive huge financial assistance while others suffer. End the greed of Dubl$n GAA and HQ, put Gaelic Games before money.
how would you go about doing this?

From the Bunker

Quote from: PaddyP73 on June 12, 2014, 09:32:07 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 12, 2014, 06:24:12 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 12, 2014, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2014, 03:04:16 PM
Squire all I'm doing is trying to highlight to some of you Dub fans as well as the rest of the country what is ACTUALLY happening.

Of course some of it is just OTT talk but a lot of it is true and just cos some of ye dismiss it with a quick "ah yes and then get free Ryanair flights too" comments doesn't wash with most of us.

I've heard from several sources about the cars and petrol now and of course I didn't mean one cooked meal after training. I mean carefully planned food to eat at home etc and everyone as their own diet plan I would suspect.
This really is professional sport behaviour and is a massive change from the ways GAA is in most counties would you not agree.

The days of lads having to do a hard days work and then go and train and play on a Sunday is long gone.

Of course ye don't like hearing this been discussed lads but I'd say there are loads of REAL Dublin fans like Squire who don't know the full story and what a player has done in the week before a game.

So how can you tell his Heffo? How many times do they train a week now both collectively and on their own?

This is the Dubs we're talking about, wont know a hard days work if it hit them in the face

Similar to Conor Mort perhaps......................about 25 years in DCU doing a thesis  ::)

in fairness he put a lot of hard work into dying his hair and tattoos

And don't forget his home made T-shirts (Micheal Jackson).

Fuzzman

Johnnybegood, do you know how often they are training per week?
Do you know anything about the cars & the food or is it all hush hush

I think it's interesting that the two young lads who went to Australia didn't stay too long. I wonder were they made an offer they couldn't refuse whereas like Jim McGuinness said in Donegal there's no work or much money about so if you're a good player you're outta there. Either gone to soccer or Aussie Rules.

Do any of ye NON Dubs know many in the Dublin squad at the moment?

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 13, 2014, 04:32:59 PM

I think it's interesting that the two young lads who went to Australia didn't stay too long. I wonder were they made an offer they couldn't refuse whereas like Jim McGuinness said in Donegal there's no work or much money about so if you're a good player you're outta there. Either gone to soccer or Aussie Rules.

first off - soon after McGuinnes made the point about the employment problem within the squad they all got sorted with jobs and good look to them!
Your claim about players returning from Australia (I presume you mean Kilkenny) is bordering on scurrilous, Tipperary went on a two day bender the other week, it's a long time since a Dublin squad has been noted to being on the lash, the dubs have raised the bar as regards approach and more importantly commitment to training and looking after themselves, I don't know what good they get and who pays for it! A pretty petty argument IMO,
Fact of the matter, this is a once in a lifetime very talented squad of players and their fitness is matched by counties such as Mayos ,Corks and Tyrone's and Kerry's of this world.
And don't forget all the dubs are either in full employment or college so professionals they are not, committed talented and all round top class ambassadors they certainly are !

Hill16 Blues

You're either taking the piss or a complete WUM. Why anyone from Dublin would entertain or try and debate this rubbish with you is beyond me.

Wildweasel74

Dont matter - the dubs must have done something to you in a past life to be that bitter against them

northsideboy

He's the only Laoisman of note not to get a contract from Parnells club!

lynchbhoy

up until recently I didn't consider croker being a massive benefit to Dublin.
But as they get better this will be a slight advantage though partially not their fault as leinster counties vote to allow this to happen.
Not sure if all home league games were in croker , used to be in parnel pk, but again the opposition would prob want to play in croke park for their own familiarisation!

the only way we can get around this is to build new provincial stadia to play all provincial championship matches - like the aussie rules have - if I am right, they play in shared stadia - the big ones around Australia?
To be honest, its not a runner either.
If the GAA are to spend money, its money for smaller stand covered artificial grass pitches  in each county so that club and underage games can be played in winter.

The issue here is that Dublin is the capital. its where the biggest population s, its where most if not all the work is. Its a small enough county geographically so easier distances to commute- and even with traffic jams, there are trains, luas and busses to help!
GAA loving businessmen will give work to young GAA stars, because there is work.
All this is much easier than any county outside of Dublin.

Maybe Dublin have hit a patch of great players and this wont turn into domination.
if however it does, it wont be a case of 'the dubs wont allow a split' - the rest of the 31 counties will vote for it.
there wont be a combination of meath/Westmeath, Kildare/Wicklow etc - that would fly in the face of the GAA, there wont be amalagmations at intercounty level - so the only obvious way to go will be to divide Dublin into 2 or 3.
There is enough of a population and GAA clubs in Dublin to do this - and I emphasise - SHOULD the need arise.

The precedent has already been set with Fingal doing quite well in the hurling competitions already.

but there is too much hysteria about this right now. Some guys should learn to take their beating (though some of us are used to this in annual championship seasons anyway!!).

a lot of hypocricy here about professional Dublin players when it has been the country boys (me being one of them- though I refused the offers) who have been paid to play in Dublin clubs from 20 years ago up until now (cough parnells cough) while home grown players got nothing!

I think the Dubs can be beaten. If McCauley gets inj, Dub are like tryone at midfield ...weak enough!!
but its great to beat them on the field of play. always was!!
:D

imtommygunn

Why would they not offer them something to stay rather than let them go and offer them to come back??

So if you're a good player in donegal you're out of there?? Does that mean they've no good players??

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 14, 2014, 11:35:41 AM
But as they get better this will be a slight advantage though partially not their fault as leinster counties vote to allow this to happen.
Not sure if all home league games were in croker , used to be in parnel pk, but again the opposition would prob want to play in croke park for their own familiarisation!

the only way we can get around this is to build new provincial stadia to play all provincial championship matches - like the aussie rules have - if I am right, they play in shared stadia - the big ones around Australia?
To be honest, its not a runner either.
If the GAA are to spend money, its money for smaller stand covered artificial grass pitches  in each county so that club and underage games can be played in winter.

The issue here is that Dublin is the capital. its where the biggest population s, its where most if not all the work is. Its a small enough county geographically so easier distances to commute- and even with traffic jams, there are trains, luas and busses to help!
GAA loving businessmen will give work to young GAA stars, because there is work.
All this is much easier than any county outside of Dublin.

Maybe Dublin have hit a patch of great players and this wont turn into domination.
if however it does, it wont be a case of 'the dubs wont allow a split' - the rest of the 31 counties will vote for it.
there wont be a combination of meath/Westmeath, Kildare/Wicklow etc - that would fly in the face of the GAA, there wont be amalagmations at intercounty level - so the only obvious way to go will be to divide Dublin into 2 or 3.
There is enough of a population and GAA clubs in Dublin to do this - and I emphasise - SHOULD the need arise.

The precedent has already been set with Fingal doing quite well in the hurling competitions already.

but there is too much hysteria about this right now. Some guys should learn to take their beating (though some of us are used to this in annual championship seasons anyway!!).

a lot of hypocricy here about professional Dublin players when it has been the country boys (me being one of them- though I refused the offers) who have been paid to play in Dublin clubs from 20 years ago up until now (cough parnells cough) while home grown players got nothing!

I think the Dubs can be beaten. If McCauley gets inj, Dub are like tryone at midfield ...weak enough!!
but its great to beat them on the field of play. always was!!
:D

So you're basis for splitting Dublin is domination of the game. Ah right! So with that logic Kilkenny will be split into 3/4 teams, Kerry into 2/3. Mayo have dominated Connacht so they might be in this bracket too. Going forward Cork have more clubs than Dublin so they should probably be split too before they start dominating or maybe because they were dominant before and we don't want dominant teams it appears.

FFS what a load of bollox! What would happen if two of the split teams ended up against each other in the final. Split them into 6/8 teams??

You're a funny man among many funny people on this site!  ;D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2014, 02:05:36 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 11, 2014, 07:45:29 PM
They went on a warm weather break - same one Donegal were on in April. They all took annual leave from the work.

Do you just make the crap about all getting free cars and petrol up?

OK let me make it easier for you Heffo.
How many of the current Dublin senior squad have been given cars, petrol and often given cooked food at training sessions?

Cooked food? Who doesn't get cooked food?

From the Bunker

That's a good one! Changed your mind have you? Awoken from your slumber? Sure we all love playing in Croker! What advantage could a team have playing every important game in intercounty football at home? ;D

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 14, 2014, 12:23:05 PM

That's a good one! Changed your mind have you? Awoken from your slumber? Sure we all love playing in Croker! What advantage could a team have playing every important game in intercounty football at home? ;D

If we played Laois in the car-park of O Moore Park the result would still be the same.

Drummerboy

What a load of poppycock being talked here. Its like saying Brazil should be split in two because they have a population of 200,000 million.