Dubl$n v Laois Sunday June 8th 2014 Dubl$n at home as always

Started by Dont Matter, May 20, 2014, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 11, 2014, 03:10:41 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 11, 2014, 03:04:07 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 11, 2014, 12:13:42 PM
Poor auld Jack McCaffery, he doesn't know he's a professional, someone tell him to stop studying medicine in UCD quick and someone tell Cluxton to stop teaching in Coolock too, someone tell Jim Gavin he doesn't need to fly planes anymore.

Enjoy the backdoor Don't matter, sleep well.

Enjoy your titles won through foul means, each one is a step closer to split time.  ;D

We will enjoy it, and we will enjoy a lot lot lot more so get use to it. The split will never happen, well not in the next 50 years anyway, the fans, players and the GAA in Dublin wont stand for it, it will be more a case of the amalgamation of weaker counties like Laois to try and compete at the high level set out by Dublin.

Dublin = total football, a new breed of player and style, enjoy watching us.

Jesus. I know you're only trying to wind him up, but that's hard to read in fairness

Dont Matter

We will enjoy it, and we will enjoy a lot lot lot more so get use to it. The split will never happen, well not in the next 50 years anyway, the fans, players and the GAA in Dublin wont stand for it, it will be more a case of the amalgamation of weaker counties like Laois to try and compete at the high level set out by Dublin.

;D It's the most expensively assembled team the GAA has ever seen by a huge margin. With the amount spent on the players coming through the youth system, the amount spent on top class facilites, coaches, a World champion, extensive backroom teams, giving free cars to players etc etc it must reach nearly 20 million!
The question is: how can you not win with all these resources? In fact it's embarrassing that you've only won 2 senior All Irelands during this time. The split is coming!  :D
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Fuzzman

Yes we all think Don't Matter goes OTT and so weakens the argument to some degree but most of do believe the Dubs really do have an unfair advantage with lots of things now and not just population and money. The team they have at the moment though is exceptional and so even now if they were made to play ALL their games outside Croker it "Won't matter" any more"

I'm sure nobody will answer this question honestly but can we not get some openness about how much training Dublin is doing?
How many mornings and or nights a week do they train?

I just heard the hurling team took a week off work and went abroad for a week of high intensity training. Do they take annual leave from their jobs or who pays them?
I know other counties sometimes do this once a year before the start of the championship but this seems to have been different.

Is it true they ALL get cars and petrol? If so why be so hidden about this?

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2014, 03:25:34 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 11, 2014, 03:04:07 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 11, 2014, 12:13:42 PM
Poor auld Jack McCaffery, he doesn't know he's a professional, someone tell him to stop studying medicine in UCD quick and someone tell Cluxton to stop teaching in Coolock too, someone tell Jim Gavin he doesn't need to fly planes anymore.

Enjoy the backdoor Don't matter, sleep well.

Enjoy your titles won through foul means, each one is a step closer to split time.  ;D

Jesus. I know you're only trying to wind him up, but that's hard to read in fairness

So is listening to that gobshi&e day in day out.

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 11, 2014, 05:03:28 PM

I just heard the hurling team took a week off work and went abroad for a week of high intensity training. Do they take annual leave from their jobs or who pays them?
I know other counties sometimes do this once a year before the start of the championship but this seems to have been different.

They went on a warm weather break - same one Donegal were on in April. They all took annual leave from the work.

Do you just make the crap about all getting free cars and petrol up?

Wildweasel74

Its not the first time Dublin has had a really good team, Leinster was very competitive back in the Early 90`s and that team got to 3 finals in 4 yrs and could have made it 4 if they had turned Derry over, who`s to say with a bit of luck that that team couldn't have won 3 Ireland's? They had a better defence and midfield that the current Dublin team but lacked 2 serious scoring forwards

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: heffo on June 11, 2014, 07:45:29 PM

They went on a warm weather break - same one Donegal were on in April. They all took annual leave from the work.

Do you just make the crap about all getting free cars and petrol up?

Must get the moaning from that whinger Niall Morgan ......................................."It's obvious that Dublin have appointed ball boys to fire a ball to Cluxton whenever he calls for one," Morgan said to The Irish Daily Star"

Tool piece of the highest order

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218165

squire_in_navy_slacks

Yes they get free petrol alright ............................  ::) ::) ::) ::)

https://twitter.com/MDMA_9/status/230724288611762176

AZOffaly

To be honest I don't see that as a whinge at Dublin. I think he just wants quick ball too.

ballinaman

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2014, 08:29:09 PM
To be honest I don't see that as a whinge at Dublin. I think he just wants quick ball too.

Therein lies the rub. While I haven't bashed Dublin, every slight against Dublin will be used by Dubs as 'Dub-bashing' and the ones who 'Dub-bash' will be called toolpieces or whatever.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 11, 2014, 08:27:22 PM

Yes they get free petrol alright ............................  ::) ::) ::) ::)

https://twitter.com/MDMA_9/status/230724288611762176

Maybe because the petrol is free, he thought he wouldn't have to fill it up himself  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Johnnybegood

Why did Morgan single out Cluxton? There where 3 other goalkeepers playing in croker on Sunday! It's up to Morgan and Tyrone to make sure the ball boys give him the ball quickly if he so desires!