Dubl$n v Laois Sunday June 8th 2014 Dubl$n at home as always

Started by Dont Matter, May 20, 2014, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

You get the sense though that if they keep getting those goal chances for the Dubs they might kick on. As well as Laois are doing the post and their keeper is just keeping them in front.

We've seen it before where teams have lead like this in the past against Dublin. They have more in them. Still would gladly see them lose.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

macdanger2

V good game so far. Dubs have had a couple of goal chances which would have gone in on another day

macdanger2

Main Street

Very good point scoring from Laois so far but you'd have to think that Dublin just have to uncross a few wires in the 2nd half.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: thejuice on June 08, 2014, 04:44:39 PM
You get the sense though that if they keep getting those goal chances for the Dubs they might kick on. As well as Laois are doing the post and their keeper is just keeping them in front.

We've seen it before where teams have lead like this in the past against Dublin. They have more in them. Still would gladly see them lose.

Laois missed two goal chances as well and a 4th minute point by Kingston waved wide. The galloots on the RTE panel are at it now saying Dubs are a second half team. Flutes can't even see that Laois are the better football team and will win.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

seafoid

macdanger2

Looks like it's all over

MDMA shoulda had a yellow there

thejuice

QuoteFlutes can't even see that Laois are the better football team and will win.

The Flutes got it right, imagine that.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Donie Kingston didn't want to know after he got the bang on the nose.
Fair play to Ross Munnelly, never stopped trying and kicked some great scores.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: thejuice on June 08, 2014, 05:25:09 PM
QuoteFlutes can't even see that Laois are the better football team and will win.

>:(  well at least Laois gave it a lash and didn't come and set out a boring defence with hand passing. Dubs have two teams though and will be hard to beat, no team has the quality of subs.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

easytiger95

Slightly flattering score line there, given that the second goal was a gift - I know we had a lot of goal chances, but any team with  a keeper as good as Brody deserve to be in there at the end.

Nothing more than I expected, Laois always lift it for the Dubs, I just hope that they can keep it together for a qualifier run. As for ourselves, that was just what we needed. Scoreline aside that was no facile win. we had to fight for everything and it will have brought us on a ton.

Very satisfactory altogether.

Ringfort

Molly Malone there over the tannoy at FT to a half empty stadium. Wish the rest of Leinster CB's would grow some balls and vote to get the Dubs down the country. You might not hear so much of the cheers from the home fans when the opposition makes a mistake, the 'Off! Off! Off!'s or the soccer style terrace singing if they had to visit hostile territory.

Valiant  effort from Laois. Some great play by the Dubs. I think Paddy Andrews is a fantastic player and much underrated.  The Laois lad could have got the line there for his raised hands to Andrews' face but the Dub CHF bailed him out when others would have made a meal of it.

I know he's a good player and current footballer of the year but I cannot warm at all to McAuley. He's the ultimate modern player-a mobile athlete. I like the old style long, bony streaks of piss or the brickshithouse farmers that ate plates of spuds for breakfast for a center fielder.

easytiger95

Having visited hostile territory myself, you're probably much more likely to hear it when we're travelling!

thejuice

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 08, 2014, 05:43:06 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 08, 2014, 05:25:09 PM

>:(  well at least Laois gave it a lash and didn't come and set out a boring defence with hand passing. Dubs have two teams though and will be hard to beat, no team has the quality of subs.

But that was exactly what team needs to do. You won't beat Dublin playing open football for 70 minutes unless you have players to match their pace and the quality of subs. Sadly no one else has that. So it should have been Donegal mode for 35mins and then try open things up when it suits your team.

Meath gave Dublin the exact same game last year as Laois did today. Hopefully Mick O'Dowd won't be as naïve again