Derry v Donegal

Started by J70, May 12, 2014, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Bizarre tactics by Derry at the end to keep playing it short rather than lobbing it in.
Goal wins game for Donegal as I predicted at half time  :P

J OGorman

Quote from: Jinxy on May 25, 2014, 02:59:53 PM
God, Donegal give me ire.
This is like watching greco-roman wrestling.

Ref let them away with it all day. Neil Mcgee had 3 'quiet' words from the ref. Consistent cynical fouling is alive and kicking (literally)

Hardy

Quote from: J OGorman on May 25, 2014, 03:46:08 PM

Ref let them away with it all day. Neil Mcgee had 3 'quiet' words from the ref. Consistent cynical fouling is alive and kicking (literally)

But ... the black card ... the end of cynical fouling as we know it, Jim. No?

SouthDublinBro

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: moysider on May 25, 2014, 03:38:24 PM

Ref gets black card decision correst sensation!

Not really, should have shown red after the black.  Yellow +black= red

anfheardubh

Quote from: J OGorman on May 25, 2014, 03:46:08 PM

J

bullshit  biased comment,  go to the ballet if you want to watch a bunch of sissys
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Wildweasel74

Not long in, brutal game of football as expected, Derry should have been farther ahead at half time, Doherty getting hurt early was a big loss for us. Donegal came out with a blitz at the start of the 2nd half, again Derry didnt slow it down to take the momentum out of Donegal. I was seating 2 from the front row at the 45 for the sideline Murphy took. Said the the lads with me , he point this with the outside of this boot, wasn't even going to go for it to McGuiness told him to go for it, Mighty score from a mighty player. I have already said on here on another thread he the best player in Ireland earlier in the year. Thought Donegal could pip us going in to the game the day. But when u 2 points up at half time, probably on top in a number of areas, i thought Derry would push on to win, they seemed to drop the heads when Donegal went 5 up, I never understand that, Tyrone never drop the heads in similar circumstances.

larryin89

Who got motm or is that not announced till tonight?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

J OGorman

Quote from: larryin89 on May 25, 2014, 06:22:24 PM

Was at the Brandywell end, but it looked like Murphy being interviewed in front of the perspex.  He destroyed us at the start of the 2nd half . Stood up as McBride was doing a good job shackling McFadden.
We badly need big Ferbie back for the scenic route

larryin89

Quote from: J OGorman on May 25, 2014, 06:39:16 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 25, 2014, 06:22:24 PM

Was at the Brandywell end, but it looked like Murphy being interviewed in front of the perspex.  He destroyed us at the start of the 2nd half . Stood up as McBride was doing a good job shackling McFadden.
We badly need big Ferbie back for the scenic route

That would really make my day, 15/2 I had him at.fingers crossed.

Whitnail

We ride that thin line between being decent and being utter shite and that line is so thin now it's like a tightrope.
The 1O min spell at the start of the second half is the kind of levels Dublin play for near 70 mins and that's kind of the difference.

Derry dithered after half time and mirrored our awfull display in the first.
Shocked , shocked to see McLoone score a goal. I think he scored a total  of  one point in last year's championship from half forward line  ,and that was against Laois.

Mcglynn for me was motm . Everything good happenee through him.

Zulu

If they give Murphy the MOM they haven't a clue. A great player but not even in the top 5 performers today.

larryin89

Quote from: Zulu on May 25, 2014, 07:09:02 PM
If they give Murphy the MOM they haven't a clue. A great player but not even in the top 5 performers today.

Ahh man you had to ruin it for me.

I'd tend to agree though that he wouldn't of deserved it , however probably was motm in the spell that Donegal turned it.

Fuzzman

Very disappointed by Derry yet again.
After such a good display in the league they fail to deal with the Donegal system yet again. It required fast ball but they kept going lateral all day.
Donegal really kill any chance of open football you wanna  play with their wet blanket they throw over you. You have to play the same possession shite style as if you try to kick it long your forwards have one or maybe two lads in front of them to cut off the supply.
I'd nearly prefer to lose to Monaghan than lose an Ulster final playing that shite.  ;)
Sorry I meant to include you too Fermanagh.  ;D

anfheardubh

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 25, 2014, 07:27:31 PM
Very disappointed by Derry yet again.
After such a good display in the league they fail to deal with the Donegal system yet again. It required fast ball but they kept going lateral all day.
Donegal really kill any chance of open football you wanna  play with their wet blanket they throw over you. You have to play the same possession shite style as if you try to kick it long your forwards have one or maybe two lads in front of them to cut off the supply.
I'd nearly prefer to lose to Monaghan than lose an Ulster final playing that shite.  ;)
Sorry I meant to include you too Fermanagh.  ;D

The same blanket that Tyrone played for years you hypocrite, BITTER  eh
For many are called, but few are chosen.