Derry v Donegal

Started by J70, May 12, 2014, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anfheardubh

Quote from: ck on May 26, 2014, 09:43:15 PM
I've great time for Donegal as county and it's people but let's call a spade a spade. What we witnessed yesterday was our game bastardised in its most negative form. I watched it with two 10 year olds who play and live the game. Mid 2nd half they were in the garden playing soccer.

I don't blame Jim McGuinness or players. They know their many limitations and are covering them well but let's face it. The challenge for the GAA is to develop our rules to ensure the game remains the competitive spectacle that it can be attractive to young players. I hate Rugby league as a game, yesterday I watched Rugby league disguised as Gaelic football. It was bloody awful to watch.

You dont have to  watch it    :) :) :),  the rules havent changed 15 v 15 round ball etc, tactics have changed and evolved in the past 10 -15 years and as a result the traditional type game is all but gone

To beat Donegal at their peak, is fairly simple, dont drag your defenders forward and over attack leaving space at the back

Shoot from distance, and use quick ball.  Derry passed laterally and slowly allowing Donegal to set up their defensive screen

Best of luck to SLIGO this year
For many are called, but few are chosen.

J70

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on May 26, 2014, 07:41:05 PM
Remember when Colm McFadden was seriously considered one of the top forwards in the country?

LOL the lad wouldn't start for New York. Donegal are a spent force. Can see Antrim/Fermanagh pulling off an upset.

What an astute post!