The Roscommon Bus

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 08, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 08, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
Spin spin spin

There is no such thing in business as "revenue/cost neutral". Everything has a cost, whether financial or otherwise. (For example will Carrigy, the former official carrier, not have to lay off lads with the drop in business)

My point somewhere back was that while it may not cost the Roscommon County Board €s they could have used the funds generated by the undoubted good work done by the Rossie fans better.

A feckin bus sweeping the backroads of Roscommon is not going to encourage anyone with sense to start playing GAA.

But - hey. Spend as ye like I spose.
As a matter of interest how much has the bus cost, including the paintwork on it?

If the head of an engineering firm was a big Rossie you may have had a point.

It wasn't an either or. The stars just aligned for us on this one.

I've very happy with this development and by the general flow of work Club Rossie have been getting through in its first few months of life. Never been more positive about the direction of Roscommon on an organisational level, things finally look like they're coming together off the field.

Shrewdness

Highly amusing to see the reaction to our big bus..I'm sure other counties could borrow it for a fee. Look how pleased the Mayo lads would be to cruise up to Croke Park in it next September!!. We might even let them fly ONE Mayo flag from it. No doubt it will be available to John Evans if he wants to bring it down to Kerry some weekend, to let his countymen see how things are really done

Tony Baloney

Aren't the Rossies the dirty cnuts that left the contents of the bus toilet in Armagh last year. Let's bope they have a decent septic tank!

IolarCoisCuain

Shamrock is probably correct about a new bus with a fancy paint job costing €300k. This beauty costs €171,000 second-hand: http://www.usedcoachsales.co.uk/coach.ihtml?coach=1071

Still though. Of all the things to spend money on, you'd think a bus would be down the list. Each to their own I suppose.

neilthemac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2014, 07:09:38 PM
Aren't the Rossies the dirty cnuts that left the contents of the bus toilet in Armagh last year. Let's bope they have a decent septic tank!
Armagh hurlers dumped their bus contents outside the ground in Athleague.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: neilthemac on May 08, 2014, 07:14:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2014, 07:09:38 PM
Armagh hurlers dumped their bus contents outside the ground in Athleague.
My mistake. That's alright then  ;D

Captain Obvious

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on May 08, 2014, 07:13:52 PM
Shamrock is probably correct about a new bus with a fancy paint job costing €300k. This beauty costs €171,000 second-hand: http://www.usedcoachsales.co.uk/coach.ihtml?coach=1071

Still though. Of all the things to spend money on, you'd think a bus would be down the list. Each to their own I suppose.
Looks like mobile advertisement board bus. Businesses will spend as they like to get some publicity.

Wildweasel74

Think the colour scheme great looking, as for £300K, whats the price for a normal bus prior to the paint job, mighty fine looking all the same, wouldnt fancy driving through a few loyalist areas in the north come qualfiers July time if drawn against  a northerm team, they see you coming a mile away lol

Fear ón Srath Bán

No bare necessities on that bus, chock full of changing rooms to change your gear, though don't be looking for anything to change into (wouldn't want to cramp your style)!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 08, 2014, 06:01:00 PM
Highly amusing to see the reaction to our big bus..I'm sure other counties could borrow it for a fee. Look how pleased the Mayo lads would be to cruise up to Croke Park in it next September!!. We might even let them fly ONE Mayo flag from it. No doubt it will be available to John Evans if he wants to bring it down to Kerry some weekend, to let his countymen see how things are really done

We are used gullible tourists swanning around in fancy buses  but I think you lads might just break our gullible-o-meter.

Every hotel rate will triple as soon as ye cross the border !

Rudi

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 08, 2014, 08:05:46 PM
wouldnt fancy driving through a few loyalist areas in the north come qualfiers July time if drawn against  a northerm team, they see you coming a mile away lol

Good point  ;D. As a Rossie think its money very poorly spent, sponsorship or not. A plan to re-develop the Hyde as well as a viable center of excellence should be higher up the list of priorities.

laoislad

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 08, 2014, 06:01:00 PM
You're from Roscommon Shrewdness?
Lol that explains everything!  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shrewdness

Arra, Laoislad, leave the oul bitterness over on the Liverpool thread where it belongs!!

Syferus

Quote from: Rudi on May 08, 2014, 09:18:35 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 08, 2014, 08:05:46 PM
wouldnt fancy driving through a few loyalist areas in the north come qualfiers July time if drawn against  a northerm team, they see you coming a mile away lol

Good point  ;D. As a Rossie think its money very poorly spent, sponsorship or not. A plan to re-develop the Hyde as well as a viable center of excellence should be higher up the list of priorities.

You can't just assume the money would be available to dump what would be change into a major project. Sponsors want bullet points and something to show for their cash. We're finally using our connections. For me this is a very big win on an organisational level.

A lot of people have a very naive way of looking at this.

BartSimpson

And sure the richest county don't even have a bus...

They don't need one playing at home all the time
guwan the parish