awol MARK MCHUGH awol

Started by anfheardubh, April 30, 2014, 11:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Quote from: armaghniac on May 08, 2014, 01:11:48 PM
Quote from: ck on May 08, 2014, 12:33:22 PM
Would agree with all of this however as a county board official said to me recently - we are amateur games therefore we can't stop players playing for whatever team they want. So if they want to play Sigerson, U.21, Senior, Club senior, Football, Hurling, and every manager demanding 100% commitment and slogging the sh*te out of them.

Not true. There are already some rules about players not playing for more than one team, more rules can be added if the will was there.

What rule is that? Name it.

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2014, 10:37:37 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 17, 2014, 11:37:10 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2014, 11:33:25 AM
He's doing his finals, isn't he? That could shape the rest of his life. The Donegal team will still be there next year.

The tests started yesterday. He mustn't have exams until next week but he was climbing Carrauntoohil yesterday!

Let's see....hundreds of miles driving each week and hours of heavy training or a weekend break in Kerry. Which is more likely to impact exams?

Eh? No need to get so defensive, I was just telling you he's not exactly wound up to the last.

Exam fever is very doubtful to be the full explanation for his exit in all honesty, though.

thewobbler

There's only one point I'd make against this story.

Jimmy McGuinness can train his lads til the cows come home. But Donegal have no chance of winning Sam without Mark McHugh.

Simple as that.

drici

Quote from: anfheardubh on April 30, 2014, 11:55:56 PM

Seems he is missing in action

Will be on the television live at 4-00pm the day playing in an All Ireland Final along with Ryan and Eoin.

ck

How can McHugh be seen as a loss when he wasn't even making the team? Not making the team is why he left as it doesn't sit well with his ego. He gets far too much attention

nrico2006

Quote from: ck on June 02, 2014, 08:35:33 AM
How can McHugh be seen as a loss when he wasn't even making the team? Not making the team is why he left as it doesn't sit well with his ego. He gets far too much attention

When McHugh is fit he is on the team, I think he has been struggling with injuries the past while.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

ck who do you hate more?

Mark Mc Hugh or UUJ?

LeoMc

Quote from: ck on May 17, 2014, 10:50:11 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 08, 2014, 01:11:48 PM
Quote from: ck on May 08, 2014, 12:33:22 PM
Would agree with all of this however as a county board official said to me recently - we are amateur games therefore we can't stop players playing for whatever team they want. So if they want to play Sigerson, U.21, Senior, Club senior, Football, Hurling, and every manager demanding 100% commitment and slogging the sh*te out of them.

Not true. There are already some rules about players not playing for more than one team, more rules can be added if the will was there.

What rule is that? Name it.
There are rules against a player playing for more than 1 club or County in a given year, there are rules defining age limits, there are rules about not playing more than 2 grades above your age bracket, etc. It would not be a stretch to develop rules along the lines of only playing for one College or County representative team, i.e. if you play County Senior you do not play u-21 or if you play Sigerson you do not play Fresher.

StephenC

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 02, 2014, 08:41:40 AM
ck who do you hate more?

Mark Mc Hugh or UUJ?

;D I'd say big Jim is right up there on his list too. Bad times in Sligo perhaps.