awol MARK MCHUGH awol

Started by anfheardubh, April 30, 2014, 11:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

anfheardubh

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 30, 2014, 11:57:23 PM
Moaner just like his da

Heard he rates himself very highly, needs to pull his finger out as has been well off the boil

The McHughs can play but against Monaghan and stronger more robust teams they are a liability, they cant break the tackle, lose the ball in the tackle
For many are called, but few are chosen.

donegal lad

Quote from: anfheardubh on May 01, 2014, 12:03:04 AM
Moaner just like his da

Heard he rates himself very highly, needs to pull his finger out as has been well off the boil

The McHughs can play but against Monaghan and stronger more robust teams they are a liability, they cant break the tackle, lose the ball in the tackle
He rates himself extremely highly. I'd put money on that he's gone due to discipline issues (drinking) his brother twice the player anyway so will slot into the half forward line in his place

BennyCake

I heard it was injury related. But I wouldn't criticise until we know the real reason.

anfheardubh

Quote from: donegal lad on May 01, 2014, 12:06:49 AM
Quote from: anfheardubh on May 01, 2014, 12:03:04 AM
Moaner just like his da

He rates himself extremely highly. I'd put money on that he's gone due to discipline issues (drinking) his brother twice the player anyway so will slot into the half forward line in his place

Agree mate , give all or dont bother, fair play to Jim.

Micheal Murphy should be an example for him , a gentleman , leader of men, giant amongst men

Dont mind the lads having a session now and again to let off some steam, but you have plenty of time for that in the autumn/winter months and when you retire, Be proud to wear any county jersey, its an honour

orangeman

The so called commitment levels required to be an inter county player nowadays are just stone mad.

They're expected to live like professionals - most people involved with the team are getting some form of payment and the players are getting 50p a mike and lucky if they get it - mileage claims are restricted -  meanwhile the "back room" team pick up their expenses. The GAA rakes it in as well and thousands are employed in the industry that is GAA. I never thought I'd be typing this but I'm now doubting the principles.

And the player gets nothing but abuse if he is seen eating a Mc Donald's or drinking a beer.

Is it really worth it ?

anfheardubh

Quote from: orangeman on May 01, 2014, 12:35:02 AM
The so called commitment levels required to be an inter county player nowadays are just stone mad.

They're expected to live like professionals - most people involved with the team are getting some form of payment and the players are getting 50p a mike and lucky if they get it - mileage claims are restricted -  meanwhile the "back room" team pick up their expenses. The GAA rakes it in as well and thousands are employed in the industry that is GAA. I never thought I'd be typing this but I'm now doubting the principles.

And the player gets nothing but abuse if he is seen eating a Mc Donald's or drinking a beer.

Is it really worth it ?

I AGREE ,   but would you like to go watch your county team get absolutely hammered in a championship match due to lack of effort

not training etc

Self Pride and competitiveness should ensure that doesnt occur

Dont be harping back to the good ole days ,rubbish,  where players very clearly were unfit  and drunk 10 pints the night before a game

Agree players arent getting a cut, but if thats introduced does the manager of the u-10s get paid

there isnt enough to go around,  the whole ethos of the GAA is then white washed, not for me mate

donegal lad

Quote from: BennyCake on May 01, 2014, 12:13:48 AM
I heard it was injury related. But I wouldn't criticise until we know the real reason.
The statement released says its due to injury and not enjoying how he's playing. Then goes on to talk about possibility of him heading to America this summer to play football. I'd put my house of their being other issues surrounding this and anyone who's from donegal and has any interest in this team knows he has a reputation for liking to party. I've seen this 1st hand and it's not something a player should be doing while in middle of the county season IMO

nrico2006

Never had him down for a party animal, would have thought he was one of the dedicated sort.  He was key to Donegals success and will be a major loss to them come the summer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Lads, there's no need for slagging a lad off on the 'i bet it's related to drinking' card. Fair enough comment on his performances on the field, but these are amateur players and are entitled to a bit of respect when it comes to commenting on what they do off the field.

skeog

mark mc hugh is a hugely admired footballer who has given up a big part of his young adult life in the cause of donegal football he is very entitled to decide that he no longer wants to be part of the donegal panel a break will do him the world of good go enjoy yourself for a year mark you earned it and f,,, the hurlers on the ditch

God14

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 01, 2014, 09:26:16 AM
Lads, there's no need for slagging a lad off on the 'i bet it's related to drinking' card. Fair enough comment on his performances on the field, but these are amateur players and are entitled to a bit of respect when it comes to commenting on what they do off the field.

+1

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 01, 2014, 09:26:16 AM

It seems now that players are fair game.

They're not professionals but it seems they're expected to train and have the lift style to suit.

There has to be some balance here.

heffo

It's no harm if he's feeling burnt out for him to head off to the States for the summer - massive commitment involved for the last few years for him and he'll come back fresher for next year.