Let’s cut to the chase-Sam 2014 is between Dublin, Kerry, Mayo. Rest also rans!

Started by Mayo Mick, April 27, 2014, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Mick

Maybe the shortlist is now -  Dublin, Baile Átha Cliath or Dubh Linn!! Can't see ourselves as meaningful challengers based on yesterday where the signs were that we are nothing like we were in 2012&13.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Mayo Mick

Blúirín feasa is measa ar fad!!   Nocht do thuairim linn faoin alt HS agus ná bac leis an teagasc.  ;)

Mayo Mick

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo Mick on June 09, 2014, 09:53:52 PM
Maybe the shortlist is now -  Dublin, Baile Átha Cliath or Dubh Linn!! Can't see ourselves as meaningful challengers based on yesterday where the signs were that we are nothing like we were in 2012&13.

Yeah, like in 2012 we beat Sligo by two points in the Hyde (and one of those points was wide). How does that performance differ from yesterday?

Mayo Mick

Quote from: hardstation on June 09, 2014, 11:09:41 PM
Ta shay amajack go lyore. Nee heelum gur fayjur gull a screeooh air a layhidge go jee go will i wad nees mo bwintje akoo. Ved shay moy go lyore da ma rud ay go row shade ag bwinch gack cleha gan trubloyge ack nee shin mar a ta air car air bee.

Neither funny or clever a mhic but an insult to the language. Slán

Mayo Mick

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 09, 2014, 11:15:07 PM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on June 09, 2014, 09:53:52 PM

Yeah, like in 2012 we beat Sligo by two points in the Hyde (and one of those points was wide). How does that performance differ from yesterday?

We never looked like losing Sligo game and we were developing then. Yesterday we looked like a team in decline. More perspiration than inspiration

moysider

Ta shay amajack go lyore. Nee heelum gur fayjur gull a screeooh air a layhidge go jee go will i wad nees mo bwintje akoo. Ved shay moy go lyore da ma rud ay go row shade ag bwinch gack cleha gan trubloyge ack nee shin mar a ta air car air bee.

I know. I got foireann wrong earlier and I was eventually corrected by you . Unforgivable I know and I wont even plead a typo.

But y know how lots of people spell English wrong when they write/type and in exams students write in text and are not exacted to the same scrutiny. I know I write shite English but I am not as sensitive about doing so as when I try to write Irish. And  I wont be posting in Gaeilge again any time soon.

Marks are awarded in exams even if a word is spelled wrong - its a Geography exam, not English!

There is no forgiveness in Irish though. Even though I suspect that 99.99 % of all people that spoke celtic langauges could neither read or write. Yet anybody that attempts to use the Irish language is subjected to the most exacting scrutiny. Their are many proposed reasons for the near extinction of the language. Trying to make it perfect could be considered. Most people anywhere have only a communicative grasp of their first language - not a literary or grammatical one. The likes of you Hardstation has done more damage to the language than the likes of Peig ever did ;D Gaeilge is a beautiful language but it wont survive as a living language unless it is used - however badly. Latin is a perfect language. Or was.

Crete Boom

Quote from: moysider on June 10, 2014, 12:27:24 AM

I know. I got foireann wrong earlier and I was eventually corrected by you . Unforgivable I know and I wont even plead a typo.

But y know how lots of people spell English wrong when they write/type and in exams students write in text and are not exacted to the same scrutiny. I know I write shite English but I am not as sensitive about doing so as when I try to write Irish. And  I wont be posting in Gaeilge again any time soon.

Marks are awarded in exams even if a word is spelled wrong - its a Geography exam, not English!

There is no forgiveness in Irish though. Even though I suspect that 99.99 % of all people that spoke celtic langauges could neither read or write. Yet anybody that attempts to use the Irish language is subjected to the most exacting scrutiny. Their are many proposed reasons for the near extinction of the language. Trying to make it perfect could be considered. Most people anywhere have only a communicative grasp of their first language - not a literary or grammatical one. The likes of you Hardstation has done more damage to the language than the likes of Peig ever did ;D Gaeilge is a beautiful language but it wont survive as a living language unless it is used - however badly. Latin is a perfect language. Or was.

De réir mar a bhíonn se deacair, bíonn sé Gaelach! ;)

drici

All the above makes perfect sense no matter.
except gull which springs to faoileán too readily for Ulsters - changing to their favoured dull but then gruama to non Ulsters.

As the oul song still sung says:

'Tá teangaidh mhaith a' Bhéarla
Ag de Valera
Nach dtuigfeadh aon fhocal
Dá bhfuil mé a' rá'

Mayo Mick

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 27, 2014, 06:15:04 PM
Sorry there is an error in your subject I think you accidentally included Kerry and Mayo.

;D

Well things pretty much on track as we get to the business end. Have not much time to look at this forum as the weather is too good this summer so don't know what sort of analysis is going on. Can't see any of the Ulster 3 lifting Sam and it is still between the 3 I forecast. If there is to be an upset then maybe Donegal or Monaghan could do a job on the Dubs - would not rule it out. If they were to then our own chances would increase significantly.

As for our own joust with Kerry I believe we will win. Saw enough last Sunday to show that Kerry are vulnerable and a lot of their scores last Sunday were got (as against Cork) when their players had acres of space. Don't see them getting anyone than 13/14 scores against us and provided we don't concede goals we should win by 4/5 points.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mayo Mick on August 05, 2014, 09:05:37 AM
Sorry there is an error in your subject I think you accidentally included Kerry and Mayo.

;D

Well things pretty much on track as we get to the business end. Have not much time to look at this forum as the weather is too good this summer so don't know what sort of analysis is going on. Can't see any of the Ulster 3 lifting Sam and it is still between the 3 I forecast. If there is to be an upset then maybe Donegal or Monaghan could do a job on the Dubs - would not rule it out. If they were to then our own chances would increase significantly.

As for our own joust with Kerry I believe we will win. Saw enough last Sunday to show that Kerry are vulnerable and a lot of their scores last Sunday were got (as against Cork) when their players had acres of space. Don't see them getting anyone than 13/14 scores against us and provided we don't concede goals we should win by 4/5 points.

When will you Mayo lads ever learn?
That was never a square ball!!

Mayo Mick

Learn what? How to narrow down the AI contenders early in the year is it?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2014, 09:41:38 AM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on August 05, 2014, 09:05:37 AM

;D

When will you Mayo lads ever learn?

In fairness, I can't see too much wrong with that analysis except that we will be happy enough if we manage to keep it to 4-5points.

Farrandeelin

Ffs Mayo Mick. Our defence conceded 2 goals v Cork. And all throughout the league too. Galway hit the bar against us. I am worried about Kerry, really worried.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 07, 2014, 03:01:30 PM
Ffs Mayo Mick. Our defence conceded 2 goals v Cork. And all throughout the league too. Galway hit the bar against us. I am worried about Kerry, really worried.
Don't worry...be happy.

This team doesn't get twitchy...neither should you.