Let’s cut to the chase-Sam 2014 is between Dublin, Kerry, Mayo. Rest also rans!

Started by Mayo Mick, April 27, 2014, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on June 01, 2014, 06:13:48 AM
Quote from: thebuzz on June 01, 2014, 12:35:12 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on May 31, 2014, 07:25:38 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on May 31, 2014, 06:07:41 PM
Don't be getting the two of us mixed up guys! When I registered here a few years ago I didn't know there was another Mayo Mick!

Was over at the hurling today and photos uploaded here if anyone fancies a look  ;)
http://pix.ie/mayomick/album/492241

I'll never get you mixed up Mick as you are a real person from Mayo and not just one of the many internet faces of somebody with too much time on their hands. ;D Keep the pics coming as they are great.

I don't see any problem with the author of this subject and I think you're being a bit unfair on the original Mayo Mick.

Mayo Mick registered on December 11, 2006, 04:48:39 PM. Whether you agree with the content of his original post or not he doesn't strike me as a windup/WUM merchant if he's been about that long.

mayo.mick has only been about since May 08, 2012, 11:20:11 AM so he could be considered the relative newcomer.

My point is both are proud Mayo men and there's no point in saying one is pretending to be something he isn't.

Forums are full of theses type characters, firstly they try to knock you with intellectual snobbery , then they isolate you from the clique by mocking your comments as childish or gibberish with little knowledge of the game. A lot of the time these guys are just retired over weight school teachers with a ridiculously high opinion of themselves.
I would rarely take the Internet forums serious because of this type of carry on and often troll the fook out of it to mess it up for them , a spoiler if you like. Trolling can be funny when it works.
you troll the trolls and think it can be funny? Everyone to their own I suppose but you must have loads of free time for that carry on.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BartSimpson

Anyway, back on topic. Mayo or Donegal could be the teams, but I live in hope that MH has a few more tricks up his sleeve and Tyrone can upset  a big team this year.
guwan the parish

From the Bunker

Quote from: BartSimpson on June 02, 2014, 10:06:00 PM
Anyway, back on topic. Mayo or Donegal could be the teams, but I live in hope that MH has a few more tricks up his sleeve and Tyrone can upset  a big team this year.

Both are running on some form of empty. Both are good teams. But they could get into bother against a hungrier team. Donegal don't have a squad. Mayo don't have enough forwards. Worryingly for Donegal, McFadden looks shagged. He looks tired and not the player of two years ago. We have yet to see Mayo! I can't see them repeating the hunger they showed last year and there are no new additions bar Jason Gibbons who has evolved from the bench.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 02, 2014, 10:42:22 PM

Both are running on some form of empty. Both are good teams. But they could get into bother against a hungrier team. Donegal don't have a squad. Mayo don't have enough forwards. Worryingly for Donegal, McFadden looks shagged. He looks tired and not the player of two years ago. We have yet to see Mayo! I can't see them repeating the hunger they showed last year and there are no new additions bar Jason Gibbons who has evolved from the bench.

I think there are parallels between Donegal and Mayo as well. Both managers seem to have got hung up on certain players - McFadden being a case in Donegal. Looking at Kilcar today Michael Hegarty would still be a serious player and Eoin McHugh looks every bit as good as his cousins ( mind you I was in a minority that rated wee James as highly as his more famous and more opinionated brother).
Mayo don t have enough forwards? Well James Horan seems to think otherwise because he has dismissed the best young forwards we have produced in a generation with impunity. That means the ones he has at his disposal must be very good! Ditto the lack of development from the bench. There could hardly be development if there was nothing to develop. Parsons has returned and may well be the best quality player we have but unlikely to start any time soon. A couple of new defenders replaced a couple of lads that were just as good as them. Poor use of resources that. Keane and McHale are as good as they are going to get as well and unlikely to start in front of the big 6/7.

Mayo Mick

From what I saw v Derry unlikely Donegal will get back to 2012 form - have not strong enough squad. Have great time for Tyrone and envy the way the handed Kerry their asses twice on AI day. However have not seen that bit of steel in the new players and they don't have the pace that we have.

See Kerry have a lot of injuries - if true my list could be down to 2!! Genuinely don't see any team coming through that will create a surprise - Cork and Monaghan have claims but hard to see either beating ourselves or Dubs.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Mayo Mick

Ar léigh éinne an spochadóir seo – ar a laghad bhí trí fhoireann  ar mo líosta!!

http://www.beo.ie/alt-scoth-na-bhfoirne-ar-fad.aspx

An baoite curtha suas agus ag feithimh ar greim ó na Ciarraígh!! Is fearr an corn a thabhairt dóibh anois!!
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

moysider

Quote from: Mayo Mick on June 06, 2014, 10:39:41 PM
Ar léigh éinne an spochadóir seo – ar a laghad bhí trí fhoireann  ar mo líosta!!

http://www.beo.ie/alt-scoth-na-bhfoirne-ar-fad.aspx

An baoite curtha suas agus ag feithimh ar greim ó na Ciarraígh!! Is fearr an corn a thabhairt dóibh anois!!

Gan dabht is foireann den scoth Áth Cliath anois. Ach an foireann is fearr riamh!
Níl mé cinnte go bhfuil siad níos fearr ná foireann na seachtóidí. Fan go fóill ::)

Ard-Rí

Dúirt Brolly anuraidh nach raibh leigheas don mhór-tinneas peile a bhí i nDún na nGall, agus stopadh go héasca iad. D'fhulaing Áth Cliath faoi bhrú na dara bliana i 2012 agus is dóigh liom go fulaingeoidh siad arís ann. An mbeidh sé sin dóthain chun stop a chur leo? Cé a fhios. Seans mhaith go mbainfidh siad an chraobh amach. Sílim féin go mbeidh Corcaigh agus Maigh Eo gar dóibh áfach, agus mar sin ní bheinn chomh muiníneach agus a bheith ag caint ar an bhfoireann peile is fearr riamh dá mbeinn i mo tacadóir Dhubh Linn! 
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Ard-Rí

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2014, 12:26:55 AM
Quote from: Ard-Rí on June 08, 2014, 12:13:17 AM
Dúirt Brolly anuraidh nach raibh leigheas don mhór-tinneas peile a bhí i nDún na nGall, agus stopadh go héasca iad. D'fhulaing Áth Cliath faoi bhrú na dara bliana i 2012 agus is dóigh liom go fulaingeoidh siad arís ann. An mbeidh sé sin dóthain chun stop a chur leo? Cé a fhios. Seans mhaith go mbainfidh siad an chraobh amach. Sílim féin go mbeidh Corcaigh agus Maigh Eo gar dóibh áfach, agus mar sin ní bheinn chomh muiníneach agus a bheith ag caint ar an bhfoireann peile is fearr riamh dá mbeinn i mo tacadóir Dhubh Linn!
Is deas sin agus aontaim leat ach:

mhór-thinneas
go bhfulaingeoidh siad arís ann
i mo thacadóir Dhubh Linn

Maith thú

Ní séimhítear d,t nó s tar éis '-'.
Ceart agat leis an méid eile.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2014, 12:46:09 AM
Quote from: Ard-Rí on June 08, 2014, 12:37:28 AM

mhór-thinneas

Maith thú

Ní séimhítear d,t nó s tar éis '-'.
Ceart agat leis an méid eile.
Má tá sin fíór - b'fhéidir nár cheart '-' bheith ann. Tá mise cinnte 's mé ag léamh na bhfocal.
I have no idea what you are writing but I always laugh when you correct people. It is still a mystery to me why you are so good at the lingo and if you are an Irish teacher or not.

Farrandeelin

Tá fada ar an 'i' in san bhfocal aontaím.

mhór-thinneas

Maith thú
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ard-Rí

Is dóigh nach mbeidh Maigh Eo chomh gar sin tar éis an taispeántas in aghaidh Ros Comáin.
Beidh na Gaillmhigh fiú ag tnúth do Mhaigh Eo a imirt anois.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Ard-Rí

Cheap mé nach mbeadh aon chontae ag iarraidh peil a imirt arís nuair a chaill siad in aghaidh Londain díreach an bhliain roimhe.
Ach tá an ceart agat. Tá Connacht a mhad níos oscailte nár a cheap mé go mbeadh.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Chimley

Tá sé soléir nach bhfuil an ullmhú déanta ag Mhaigheo fós ar feadh an bhliain seo.