Let’s cut to the chase-Sam 2014 is between Dublin, Kerry, Mayo. Rest also rans!

Started by Mayo Mick, April 27, 2014, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anfheardubh

Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 30, 2014, 08:58:09 PM
Nothing in c'ship so far to suggest any dark horse challengers. Tyrone and Donegal look quarter material at best.

Poor MayoMick  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Love Mayo as a county , great people great craic , when Donegal are beat i always shout for ya but ya keep busting my wallet

Until the curse is ended Mayo ARE going to win SHAG ALL!!!

Seem to be habitual Bridemaids and great losers which is a pity!!

Your post regarding Donegal and Tyrone appears bitter at best, they have some silverware in the bag at least

If Mayo could keep Edna  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Kenny the far side of the shannon  you never know!!!!!
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Crete Boom

Quote from: anfheardubh on May 31, 2014, 01:26:41 AM
Nothing in c'ship so far to suggest any dark horse challengers. Tyrone and Donegal look quarter material at best.

Love Mayo as a county , great people great craic , when Donegal are beat i always shout for ya but ya keep busting my wallet

Your post regarding Donegal and Tyrone appears bitter at best, they have some silverware in the bag at least

If Mayo could keep Edna  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Kenny the far side of the shannon  you never know!!!!!

Well considering only mayo.mick is from Mayo ( he is the man who puts all the pictures on Mayo Gaa Blog) I wouldn't take this alter ego from a neighbouring county too seriously.  ;D I believe he used to terrorise his own county men on stolen sheep for long enough too 8).

Mayo Mick strangely enough pops up around the time Mayo Roscommon matches take place ::)!! I admit it is a clever ploy as the real mayo.mick is know for his over enthusiastic posts but is never as intentionally insulting as Mayo Mick and his seemingly disappeared brother MayoMick. Oh the joys of IP scrambling patches!! ;D

As for keeping Enda west of the Shannon I reckon we should send him off to Europe and let them deal with the monster they created! With him and Ming out there they wouldn't be long figuring how pissed off we are with the way the comission is running things at the moment!!! ;D ;D

StephenC

Quote from: anfheardubh on May 31, 2014, 01:26:41 AM

Mayo Mick's post was spot on. Donegal and Tyrone could beat Mayo etc on a good day but it looks like only Mayo, Cork and maybe Kerry could have a good go at the dubs.

Syferus

Donegal are probably still better than the current (Gooch-less, Tomas-less) Kerry side even with Mark McHugh not involved. They would love to see Kerry in an AIQF, their style is exactly what has brought about the worst defeats in Kerry's recent past.

Kerry trying to figure out Donegal in 2012 was as sad a sight as you're likely to see in a match that isn't a total white-wash. Classy, Hall of Fame level footballers reduced to long, aimless high balls to Star that a 7 footer wouldn't have reached.

larryin89

So the conclusion by most is Mayo are sh ite.

Now I very rarely post anything truthful but let me say this much , Mayo are shit e.

It's surely a pointless exercise typing mayos results since Horan took over, sure ye know them. SF and two finals, etc etc to prove they're not sh ite?

Ye can analyse and over analyse till the cows come home but the long and short of it is simple, there is only one team in Ireland at present capable of beating Dublin.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mayo.mick

Don't be getting the two of us mixed up guys! When I registered here a few years ago I didn't know there was another Mayo Mick!

Was over at the hurling today and photos uploaded here if anyone fancies a look  ;)
http://pix.ie/mayomick/album/492241
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Captain Obvious

Quote from: larryin89 on May 31, 2014, 04:42:07 PM

Now I very rarely post anything truthful but let me say this much , Mayo are shit e.

It's surely a pointless exercise typing mayos results since Horan took over, sure ye know them. SF and two finals, etc etc to prove they're not sh ite?

Ye can analyse and over analyse till the cows come home but the long and short of it is simple, there is only one team in Ireland at present capable of beating Dublin.
If you are looking for capable sides Mayo would be in the same bracket as Tyrone,Donegal,Cork,Kerry in my opinion and its not known yet if Mayo will be at level they were last year.

Some neutral supporters will always see Mayo as the Jimmy White of GAA and even though Jimmy had a habit of losing big finals like Mayo nobody thought White was shite. Law of average would suggest Mayo should win senior All Ireland eventually however the clock is ticking on this Mayo side and the manner of the last two All Ireland final defeats has legs,minds become weary and has the boat sailed for this Mayo panel?

larryin89

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 31, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

If you are looking for capable sides Mayo would be in the same bracket as Tyrone,Donegal,Cork,Kerry in my opinion and its not known yet if Mayo will be at level they were last year.

Some neutral supporters will always see Mayo as the Jimmy White of GAA and even though Jimmy had a habit of losing big finals like Mayo nobody thought White was shite. Law of average would suggest Mayo should win senior All Ireland eventually however the clock is ticking on this Mayo side and the manner of the last two All Ireland final defeats has legs,minds become weary and has the boat sailed for this Mayo panel?

I'd tend to disagree with you on a few things there, Donegal and Tyrone would not be teams I'd consider a threat to Dublin . Tyrone looked very ropey v down first game and down were quite frankly rubbish . Donegal seem to be getting a lot of applause for winning at Celtic park , I'd have serious reservations about Donegal , Derry were woeful at the back in second half.

It's all very early doors and we are all still unsure if truth be told.

Can dublin be beat? Yes.

Can Mayo make it back to another final? Yes

Are Kerry finished?

Are cork capable of producing 70 mins of what they served up in first half only in league semi v dubs?

Could Mayo collapse and lose to Ross through pure exhaustion ?

Everyone is sounding these questions out in their head, trying to convince herself/ himself one way or the other according to the positives of their own lot.

I'm sticking with my opinion , the only team in Ireland capable of beating Dublin is Mayo.

We will not beat the Ross though.

anfheardubh

Quote from: larryin89 on May 31, 2014, 06:37:52 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 31, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

I'd tend to disagree with you on a few things there, Donegal and Tyrone would not be teams I'd consider a threat to Dublin . Tyrone looked very ropey v down first game and down were quite frankly rubbish . Donegal seem to be getting a lot of applause for winning at Celtic park , I'd have serious reservations about Donegal , Derry were woeful at the back in second half.

It's all very early doors and we are all still unsure if truth be told.

Can dublin be beat? Yes.

Can Mayo make it back to another final? Yes

Are Kerry finished?

Are cork capable of producing 70 mins of what they served up in first half only in league semi v dubs?

Could Mayo collapse and lose to Ross through pure exhaustion ?

Everyone is sounding these questions out in their head, trying to convince herself/ himself one way or the other according to the positives of their own lot.

I'm sticking with my opinion , the only team in Ireland capable of beating Dublin is Mayo.

Problem Mayo have is they dont believe in themselves, great team, great supporters but need to visit Lourdes if they think they are going to win SAM this year
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Captain Obvious

If you can't beat and beat Roscommon well you will not be capable of beating Dublin. In my opinion the only side that will be capable of beating Dublin in this years championship will be Dublin themselves.

larryin89

"Problem Mayo have is they dont believe in themselves, great team, great supporters but need to visit Lourdes if they think they are going to win SAM this year"

Lourdes won't do anything as that's just a load of fictional sh ite. As for believing in themselves , I'm not sure it's the actual issue but I'm not sure what the issue is but I believe there is something missing and not the practical stuff, I still can't fathom it tbh.

I can only speak as mad as a hatter type supporter. I truly believed last year, this feeling came to me as our minors celebrated on the pitch, it was like a feeling of , this is it , holy fook we are going to win the Sam Maguire cup. I never felt it before , even in 96 albeit a lot younger , standing in the old canal end , a few points up , with 11/12 mins remaining , I remember thinking nervously , " we'll fook this up, we don't win all Ireland's " .

As supporters and pundits alike, the Ross game will tell us a lot about Mayo this year, it's a bigger challenge mentally than most are thinking . Get over it and start the steamrolling again and I'd fancy us to go all the way this year( truthfully speaking, not trolling).

We were incredible in Connacht and v Donegal last year, it was wonderful to get such satisfaction , that Donegal game will live with me forever and the displays against both Galway and Ross too. We were machine like and that team owes us nothing , it's been a fantastic period, no Sam yet and if it does end with no Sam , it will not take them memories from us, Cork in 11, Dublin 12 etc, brilliant days that will make me smile on my exit from life.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 31, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

If you can't beat and beat Roscommon well you will not be capable of beating Dublin. In my opinion the only side that will be capable of beating Dublin this years championship will be Dublin themselves.

Advocating the Dont Matter Theory I see.

Crete Boom

This thread is almost as painful as watching the second half of an All Ireland final as a Mayo fan ;D.

Like a Mayo corner forward the posts on this thread get even more clueless the longer it goes on :o.

I really hope for the health of some posting hear that they are trolls or just on a wind up. ;D

Crete Boom

Quote from: mayo.mick on May 31, 2014, 06:07:41 PM
Don't be getting the two of us mixed up guys! When I registered here a few years ago I didn't know there was another Mayo Mick!

Was over at the hurling today and photos uploaded here if anyone fancies a look  ;)
http://pix.ie/mayomick/album/492241

I'll never get you mixed up Mick as you are a real person from Mayo and not just one of the many internet faces of somebody with too much time on their hands. ;D Keep the pics coming as they are great.

larryin89

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 31, 2014, 07:23:21 PM
This thread is almost as painful as watching the second half of an All Ireland final as a Mayo fan ;D.

Like a Mayo corner forward the posts on this thread get even more clueless the longer it goes on :o.

I really hope for the health of some posting hear that they are trolls or just on a wind up. ;D

As opposed to your clued in stuff?