Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Fuzzman, it wasn't my intention at all to say you "have no right to discuss the pros and cons of the man and not just turn a blind eye to the man". What I'm saying is that I can't believe the outright calls for him to go. As you say, I'm in a different county, and I have huge respect for what he has done, but I don't know the ins and outs of the situation up there. What I will say, again, is be careful what you wish for. As far as I can see, from afar, Harte still has this bunch being very competitive if not at the absolute top any more. I'm sure he thinks he is building another team for Tyrone. The people who want to run him out of the job are basically saying that they don't trust him to do that anymore, and I find that a big call. But who am I to tell Tyrone fans what they have and have not the 'right' to do. It's your team, and your county. I'd just be careful about throwing the baby out with the bathwater if I were ye.

Down Follower

I will give it to the Tyrone boys - they love their football.  Probably why they remain up there in the top 5-6 teams every year since 2003.  Oh yeh, and also the fact that they have a brilliant manager who has revolutionised the Tyrone set up and team.  Now, as we can see from the past 40 pages, being in the top 5-6 teams is no longer enough. Success is tough!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Take a look at the number of Ulster and All Ireland minors we won compared to the other teams in Ulster in the last 16 yrs and that will tell why we are competitive, good players equals a good team as general rule.

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: thewobbler on May 20, 2014, 10:46:28 AM
There's a frankly ridiculous level of over-analysis on this thread from Tyrone supporters.

Totally.
Over the toip build up to the game all last week with some serious drivel posted.
This week the pitchfork brigade are in full flight.
There are some serious tactical geniuses and management/coach gurus on here from Tyrone.

WT4E

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 20, 2014, 02:11:28 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 20, 2014, 10:46:28 AM
There's a frankly ridiculous level of over-analysis on this thread from Tyrone supporters.

Totally.
Over the toip build up to the game all last week with some serious drivel posted.
This week the pitchfork brigade are in full flight.
There are some serious tactical geniuses and management/coach gurus on here from Tyrone.

Coney give you some run around anyway brick!  :P lol

AZOffaly

Kerry haven't won a minor since 1994. Gooch, Declan O'Sullivan, Tomás O'Sé, Darragh O'Sé, Paul Galvin and all the others have never won a minor. You need a few minors coming through to freshen up an existing team. Mickey's mistake may have been to hang on to too many of the noughties too long, and therefore have too much turnover in a short time. Nonetheless he is still trying to mould them into a new team right now.

If he did make that mistake, it's the same one Sean Boylan and Mick O'Dwyer made before him.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 20, 2014, 02:14:57 PM
Kerry haven't won a minor since 1994. Gooch, Declan O'Sullivan, Tomás O'Sé, Darragh O'Sé, Paul Galvin and all the others have never won a minor. You need a few minors coming through to freshen up an existing team. Mickey's mistake may have been to hang on to too many of the noughties too long, and therefore have too much turnover in a short time. Nonetheless he is still trying to mould them into a new team right now.

If he did make that mistake, it's the same one Sean Boylan and Mick O'Dwyer made before him.

+1. What I alluded to earlier regarding his loyalty to the 97/98 and 01 minor teams over the 04, 08 and 10 winning sides. Now I'm not advocating that Jordan, Dooher, Mulligan etc should have been replaced but Mickey has been too loyal to average players Carlin, Penrose etc IMO.

blewuporstuffed

I think thats a  fair comment, and while some of the 2008 &2010 all ireland winning minors  are coming through now, we got very little through from 04 who also won an allireland. This is possible due to the quality of players ahead of them at the time, but i think some of these players could certainly have been integrated a bit better.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

PAULD123

Gonna hold my hands up here from what I said on yesterday. I was definitely wrong about any over-carrying for the Tyrone penalty. My bad!

Having said that there was a serious amount of over-carrying all day long and I hate to see it. It is unfair on defenders who make a good challenge, contain a player, and then five steps later are penalised themselves.

As for people calling for a red card for Morgan, There is no way it was a kick. it was a blatant trip. Red would have been more than harsh. Just cos it's a red card in soccer doesn't make it red in Gaelic. Black card was correct (well Coldrick couldn't have got everything wrong!!)

southdown

Is the replay on TV for those of us away from home?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: southdown on May 20, 2014, 03:07:12 PM
Is the replay on TV for those of us away from home?

no, i dont think it is
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 20, 2014, 02:18:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 20, 2014, 02:14:57 PM

+1. What I alluded to earlier regarding his loyalty to the 97/98 and 01 minor teams over the 04, 08 and 10 winning sides. Now I'm not advocating that Jordan, Dooher, Mulligan etc should have been replaced but Mickey has been too loyal to average players Carlin, Penrose etc IMO.
Tyrone haven't won the u21 for a while

nrico2006

It has been obvious that Mickey has been reluctant to bring through minors straight away, whereas over the past few years Dublin have shown the other way to do it and brought good minors into the team straight away. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 20, 2014, 03:33:59 PM
It has been obvious that Mickey has been reluctant to bring through minors straight away, whereas over the past few years Dublin have shown the other way to do it and brought good minors into the team straight away.

My granda used to say if you're good enough, you're old enough.

BennyHarp

Quote from: orangeman on May 20, 2014, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 20, 2014, 03:33:59 PM

My granda used to say if you're good enough, you're old enough.

How did he get on managing Tyrone?
That was never a square ball!!