Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

Think that's roughly 12 of the team that played Derry in Celtic Park at the start of the league. I wouldn't think Derry had 12 of their championship team on that night.

Brick Tamlin

Under Lights

Regarding team selection? How would it matter if someone guesses the team a few days before announcement? McKenna full forward for Donaghmore this year- kicked 1-6 against Killyclogher.
Matty Donnelly CHB last few games of the league.
I actually don't know anyone personally that is on the Tyrone panel. Heard during the week that McKenna playing well at full forward at in house games and that Conzo was midfield in the A team last weekend. As you all know these things have a habit of getting out and it was discussed in many places- offices, message forums, social networks.
I hope my guessing the few positions on a tuesday before the team named doesnt stop Tyrone winning.

WT4E

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 16, 2014, 11:11:16 AM
Why do ye not like Dan McCartan?

Remember him in his student days in Belfast - Couldn't warm to him - nothing major! lol

Brick Tamlin

Did ye know him personally or just make a judgement from afar.
Just curious.

WT4E

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 16, 2014, 11:55:52 AM
Did ye know him personally or just make a judgement from afar.
Just curious.

I made a judgement from afar Dan - I'm sure your dead on really!  :D

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WT4E on May 16, 2014, 10:38:41 AM
I have to agree with wee roddy on someone keeping the gob shut. I've known some Tyrone players in the past and they give very little away when your talking to them and anything they would give away I would generally keep quiet until after the game!

I have concerns about the team as have most, I hope I'm proved wrong but worried about the following:
FB Line (particularly McBride)

T McCann
P McNeice

No harm to those above but I think there are better options on the bench and I fully expect Harte not to change his team before the throw in. One of the things I think MH is about is the fact that if he hears that people want him to do something he will do the opposite.

After seeing the team Down look great value at 4/1 even though I wouldn't have the heart to do it!

Hopefully Tyrone win and Dan McCartan gets a lovely roasting that would be the ideal for me!!!

I have to disagree with you there, out of that full back line selected, i would have the least concern about mcbride!

Im not sure what that says though....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

McBride is a potential long term full back.  Strong, athletic and good on the ball.  If anything I am glad to see him there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Under Lights

I could see Marty Swift joining up with the panel in the near future.

WT4E

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 16, 2014, 12:58:35 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 16, 2014, 10:38:41 AM
I have to agree with wee roddy on someone keeping the gob shut. I've known some Tyrone players in the past and they give very little away when your talking to them and anything they would give away I would generally keep quiet until after the game!

I have concerns about the team as have most, I hope I'm proved wrong but worried about the following:
FB Line (particularly McBride)

T McCann
P McNeice

No harm to those above but I think there are better options on the bench and I fully expect Harte not to change his team before the throw in. One of the things I think MH is about is the fact that if he hears that people want him to do something he will do the opposite.

After seeing the team Down look great value at 4/1 even though I wouldn't have the heart to do it!

Hopefully Tyrone win and Dan McCartan gets a lovely roasting that would be the ideal for me!!!

I have to disagree with you there, out of that full back line selected, i would have the least concern about mcbride!

Im not sure what that says though....

I think Tierney is the best of the three - just unfortunate that Harte saw fit to let him suffer at the hands of o'donoghue in the league.

I'm just not convinced by McBride (I could be totally wrong and hope I am) I haven't seen much of him in a Tyrone jersey but any time I saw him play for Strabane I was never that impressed!

What about Gallagher Newtownstewart - I saw him play a couple of times recently and he looked to be in great form!

WT4E

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 15, 2014, 10:00:33 PM
Comórtas: Craobh na Sinsear
Cluiche: Tír Eoghain v An Dún
Ionad: Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Omaigh
Dáta: 18-05-14

1 - Niall Morgan - Éadan na dTorc
2 - Aidan McCrory - Aireagal Chiaráin
3 - Danny McBride - An Srath Ban
4 - Barry Tierney - An Omaigh
5 - Tiernan McCann - Coill an Chlochair
6 - Matthew Donnelly - Trí Leac
7 - Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiaráin
8 - Colm Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
9 - Conor Clarke - An Omaigh
10 - Patrick McNeice - Oileán a'Ghuail
11 - Sean Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
12 - Ciaran McGinley - Aireagal Chiaráin
13 - Darren McCurry - Éadán na dTorc
14 - Niall McKenna - Domhnach Mór
15 - Kyle Coney - Ard Bó
16 - Michael O'Neill - Cluain Eo
17 - Dermot Carlin - Coill an Chlochair
18 - Mark Donnelly - An Charraig Mhór
19 - Conor Gormley - An Charraig Mhór
20 - Conan Grugan - An Omaigh
21 - Peter Hughes - Eiscreach
22 - Plunkett Kane - Oileán a'Ghuail
23 - PJ Lavery - Cluain Eo
24 - Connor McAliskey - Cluain Eo
25 - Shay McGuigan - Ard Bó
26 - Emmett McKenna - Eaglais

Just noticing - must be better defenders in the west and better forwards in the east!!  :D Any thoughts?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 16, 2014, 10:28:51 AM
I am told that this is virtually the same team that was selected last week as the first team in a training game. The subs beat them apparently so the hints from various sources on here all week from a Tyrone perspective were correct. When we were winning stuff, the panel was tight and no one could second guess Tyrones team. A lot of the speculation was coming from our Omagh posters and they got a couple of surprises correct. Perhaps someone from Omagh needs to keep the gob quiet when he comes home from training

I wouldn't be surprised if the subs did beat them when you consider the sub 15 could have been something like this:
O'Neill
PJ
Gormley
McKenna
McNabb
Carlin
PJ Lavery
Justy
Grugan
Mark D
McGuigan
Penrose
Stevie
Ronan O
McAliskey

It's definitely not the strongest 15 available on Sunday but I'm sure Harte has reason behind it. I think the 15 that finishes will more than likely be a stronger team. Going to be interesting to see what the tactics are. Would be great to see some of the boys who we're all writing off pushing on and doing well.

blewuporstuffed

The team that played in last years AI semi final.
Only 7 survivors and only 2 of those playing in the same position.
massive changes in a year

Tyrone: P McConnell, R McKenna, C Clarke, C McCarron, C McGinley (0-01), P Harte, C Gormley, C Cavanagh, S Cavanagh (0-02, 1f), Mattie Donnelly, Mark Donnelly, Joe McMahon, D McCurry (0-04, 2f), S O'Neill (0-01), C McAliskey (0-02).
Subs: D Carlin for Harte, R O'Neill (0-01) for S O'Neill, R McNabb for McMahon, A Cassidy (0-01) for Mattie Donnelly, K Coney (0-01) for R O'Neill
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 16, 2014, 02:59:10 PM
It's definitely not the strongest 15 available on Sunday but I'm sure Harte has reason behind it. I think the 15 that finishes will more than likely be a stronger team. Going to be interesting to see what the tactics are. Would be great to see some of the boys who we're all writing off pushing on and doing well.

I suspect Mickey is keeping his powder dry for bigger games later in the summer whilst at the same time keeping panel members happy with starts and game time. It's called management....

Brick Tamlin

Why not play your strongest team to ensure you win the game.
The more I read through this thread and subsequent other bullshit threads, the more I think that Tyrone folk are maybe taking this game and their opposition a little lightly. Seems to be an attitude of 'sure we can experiment in this game and try few things out..keep the poweder dry for later in the summer'.

Surely this might be tad dangerous. You might not be around later in the summer.