Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 14, 2014, 04:21:13 PM
Are Down playing this sunday too?
Or is it just Tyrone.

Brick,

Down are playing and in the words of Mr Keegan.........

Fuzzman

Aristo if you click that image icon under the Bold button and put that link inside the tag your PIC will show up.
I think the Down fans must be all Liverpool fans as they've learnt to keep their powder dry this time.
The Mayo lads told me last year what's the point in playing the cute hoor game and not enjoying all the games up to the final.
Do you really believe fans on here mouthing off makes one but of difference to how the teams play nowadays.

I'd say most Down fans expect a bit of a roasting as they don't have all their big players any more. Of course I remember 08 and 05 but do you also remember the replay in Clones in 03 was it?
I think you will see 4 Omagh lads named tonight with Tierney getting the corner back slot.
Ive already set the TV to record SideBum Silky Stories

Rois

Bit of a debate on the cards up at Garvaghey tonight for the Club Tyrone members' evening. Sean O'Neill will be debating the game with Enda McGinley, with Conal Martin the man in the middle. 
Mickey will come in and name the starting team then and answer a few questions.

Should be fun.

nrico2006

Should be a handy enough win for Tyrone.  Can see a much better and tighter defence and a big score racked up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2014, 01:55:02 PM
Should be a handy enough win for Tyrone.  Can see a much better and tighter defence and a big score racked up.

Ah I enjoy you nrico.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Big blow in the build up to the game, it seems big Sean has transferred to Derry :'(

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/

Fuzzman

Ahh that's why the Derry WANs Hi are so plucky recently.
What sort of a deal did ye offer him Walt?
Is he in to help yer shooting or last ditch tackling?
His brother is the better of the two anyway so we're both happy.
Good luck v Funegal. Who do you want in the qualifiers?

Down Follower

Feel confident for Down this weekend. Lot of work going into it from what I gather and lets face it, this is not the Tyrone team who won the All Irelands.  Yes they are organised and hard working, but they have yet to show the same qualities that the great teams did.  Hard to beat the Championship weekend!!!

Mourne Rover

Down team named on Destination Newry as McVeigh; McCartan, McArdle, Boyle; Rooney, Carr, Garvey; Turley, Rogers; Maginn, Poland, McKernan; O'Hare, Madine, Coulter.

It's not clear if Gordon is even in the squad after all the talk, although James does like to make a late change or two.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Mourne Rover on May 15, 2014, 08:14:08 PM
Down team named on Destination Newry as McVeigh; McCartan, McArdle, Boyle; Rooney, Carr, Garvey; Turley, Rogers; Maginn, Poland, McKernan; O'Hare, Madine, Coulter.

It's not clear if Gordon is even in the squad after all the talk, although James does like to make a late change or two.

He wasn't too sure about his subs though! Either that or thats where he's keeping the surprises.

ta fuzz

Fuzzman

I'd say Benny better enjoy this game as I'd say from here on he'll have swarm defence

5 Sams

Fcuk sake lads it's wee James we're talking about here. There's more chance of Liverpoo winning the league than that team starting.
The Aristocrat Years

Fuzzman

Can't believe it
McNeice again and Niall McKenna at FF
What does he see in McNeice? Will he play defensively
Am surprised no Mark D.
Funny when Mickey started saying this is a dummy team as Sean ONeill is here listening
Very surprised at Niall McKenna at FF. How do ye expect him to play there or will he move out around the middle.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Comórtas: Craobh na Sinsear
Cluiche: Tír Eoghain v An Dún
Ionad: Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Omaigh
Dáta: 18-05-14

1 - Niall Morgan - Éadan na dTorc
2 - Aidan McCrory - Aireagal Chiaráin
3 - Danny McBride - An Srath Ban
4 - Barry Tierney - An Omaigh
5 - Tiernan McCann - Coill an Chlochair
6 - Matthew Donnelly - Trí Leac
7 - Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiaráin
8 - Colm Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
9 - Conor Clarke - An Omaigh
10 - Patrick McNeice - Oileán a'Ghuail
11 - Sean Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
12 - Ciaran McGinley - Aireagal Chiaráin
13 - Darren McCurry - Éadán na dTorc
14 - Niall McKenna - Domhnach Mór
15 - Kyle Coney - Ard Bó
16 - Michael O'Neill - Cluain Eo
17 - Dermot Carlin - Coill an Chlochair
18 - Mark Donnelly - An Charraig Mhór
19 - Conor Gormley - An Charraig Mhór
20 - Conan Grugan - An Omaigh
21 - Peter Hughes - Eiscreach
22 - Plunkett Kane - Oileán a'Ghuail
23 - PJ Lavery - Cluain Eo
24 - Connor McAliskey - Cluain Eo
25 - Shay McGuigan - Ard Bó
26 - Emmett McKenna - Eaglais
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.