NFL DIV 3 FINAL..ROSCOMMON v CAVAN

Started by Shrewdness, April 14, 2014, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryano

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 28, 2014, 01:12:15 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 26, 2014, 11:14:44 PM
What are people's thoughts on McDermott's 'tackle' on the Cavan man running through at the end.

Cavan obviously needed a goal and the attempted tackle didn't resemble anything in the rules. But he only got a yellow and if I were a Rossie (or any team in the situation) I would have been very happy with him afterwards.

I don't mean to have a go at that particular player, but according to Croke Park, Eugene Magee, Joe Brolly and random statistics, we are now saved from cynical fouling.

I have been reliably informed that it should have been a red card.

My first reaction in the crowd watching it was thats going to be red and most of the people around me thought the same. Having watched it on TG4 yesterday I still think he should have got red. He plays for my club in Ros and is by no means a dirty player and it was certainly out of character for him. A definite rush of blood to the head and a very lucky boy not to have got the line.

muppet

Quote from: Ryano on April 28, 2014, 04:51:53 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 28, 2014, 01:12:15 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 26, 2014, 11:14:44 PM
What are people's thoughts on McDermott's 'tackle' on the Cavan man running through at the end.

Cavan obviously needed a goal and the attempted tackle didn't resemble anything in the rules. But he only got a yellow and if I were a Rossie (or any team in the situation) I would have been very happy with him afterwards.

I don't mean to have a go at that particular player, but according to Croke Park, Eugene Magee, Joe Brolly and random statistics, we are now saved from cynical fouling.

I have been reliably informed that it should have been a red card.

My first reaction in the crowd watching it was thats going to be red and most of the people around me thought the same. Having watched it on TG4 yesterday I still think he should have got red. He plays for my club in Ros and is by no means a dirty player and it was certainly out of character for him. A definite rush of blood to the head and a very lucky boy not to have got the line.

I definitely wasn't saying he was a dirty player. This is a bit like Sean Kavanagh last year (who certainly isn't a dirty player either). Cavan were attacking, needing a goal and the attack was stopped illegally, thus preventing any chance of the goal. Evidently the new rules have had no effect on this scenario.
MWWSI 2017