NFL DIV 3 FINAL..ROSCOMMON v CAVAN

Started by Shrewdness, April 14, 2014, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

If the debate on the U-21 thread is anything to go by, there could be some lively jousting between the Rossies and Cavan folk on this one..Could be a very good game. Cavan won all 7 league games, Ros won 6, losing to Cavan in Breffni Park when Ros made 9 changes from the previous game, and put a penalty over the bar.

Itchy

Thank God ye made 9 changes and kicked the penalty over the bar, the scoreboard hasn't enough digits in Breffni for the score ye would have put up otherwise.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2014, 09:20:03 PM
Thank God ye made 9 changes and kicked the penalty over the bar, the scoreboard hasn't enough digits in Breffni for the score ye would have put up otherwise.

Clearly the only reason we made the final is because the standard is weak in Connacht this year.

Itchy

No you made the final because you came 2nd.

Shrewdness

Itchy, what are your views on this final? Both teams will be in Division 2 next year, but i'm sure that both would like to win this.

Itchy

I think it will be tight. Cavan has better backs, Ros seem to have better forwards. Midfield might decide it. But at the end of the day I am more concerned with Armagh now and not showing them too much. Its a nice to win, not a must win. Nice to get to Croke park again.

Shrewdness

Ros will be playing Leitrim in the championship 3 weeks after this game, but John Evans has said that this is a game he very much wants to win. If our U-21's lose to Cork next weekend, then those players, Murtagh, Daly, 2 Smiths etc will be back for Croke Park. But should the U-21's reach the All Ireland Final, i don't think they'll play in Croke Park. I'd imagine the same applies to Cavan?

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 14, 2014, 10:23:04 PM
Ros will be playing Leitrim in the championship 3 weeks after this game, but John Evans has said that this is a game he very much wants to win. If our U-21's lose to Cork next weekend, then those players, Murtagh, Daly, 2 Smiths etc will be back for Croke Park. But should the U-21's reach the All Ireland Final, i don't think they'll play in Croke Park. I'd imagine the same applies to Cavan?

Hopefully.

I really do wonder.

ross4life

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 14, 2014, 09:15:31 PM
Could be a very good game.
Or could be a woeful game like the one in Breffni Park.

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 14, 2014, 10:23:04 PM
If our U-21's lose to Cork next weekend, then those players, Murtagh, Daly, 2 Smiths etc will be back for Croke Park. But should the U-21's reach the All Ireland Final, i don't think they'll play in Croke Park. I'd imagine the same applies to Cavan?
From what i hear the U-21s will play in this league final regardless of how they do in semi final v Cork. One of the U-21s got injured in senior training at the weekend & now doubtful for the weekend.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Itchy

If our u21s make the final there's no way they'll play any part in the league final with the seniors. That would be just stupid, no other word for it.

Rossfan

This unnecessary game doesn't matter two fcuks.
While it might be nice to win a cuipín in Croker and Syfín will get so carried away he might hopefully become speechless for a year - this game just doesn't matter.
It saves the Co Board the expense and trouble of arranging a challenge match.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on April 14, 2014, 09:25:34 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2014, 09:20:03 PM

Clearly the only reason we made the final is because the standard is weak in Connacht this year.
Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2014, 09:28:06 PM
No you made the final because you came 2nd.

Itchy and Scratchy going at it again.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteThis unnecessary game doesn't matter two fcuks.

Delusions of grandeur there Rossfan?

One should always welcome an outing in Croke Park as one rarely knows when tafuck you'll be back there.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 15, 2014, 12:51:49 PM
QuoteThis unnecessary game doesn't matter two fcuks.

Delusions of grandeur there Rossfan?

One should always welcome an outing in Croke Park as one rarely knows when tafuck you'll be back there.
No delusions at all Shaimín ( although we've had a few outings in HQ over the last few years)
The one plus about the game is it's being played in Croker but it's still a glorified challenge game as both teams achieved their main objective for the NFL back in the middle of March sometime.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

I don't know who I want to win this one. Initially I wanted Cavan to, but that fella with the cap from Strokestown could do with something to cheer him up. He was on the bus up with me the last day and it's a pity I didn't record the conversation I had with him. :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.