The British Royal Family.

Started by Black Card, April 10, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 01:24:47 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 14, 2014, 10:31:02 AM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 09:03:22 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 13, 2014, 07:35:40 PM
There are loads of people everywhere who want for nothing and presided over atrocities

The hierarchy of the Catholic Church springs to mind.

Do you still pay your monthly Church dividend?

I don't go to mass, because there is no such thing as God - answer your question ok?

Yes, thanks.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

grounded

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 01:24:47 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 14, 2014, 10:31:02 AM
Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 09:03:22 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 13, 2014, 07:35:40 PM
There are loads of people everywhere who want for nothing and presided over atrocities

The hierarchy of the Catholic Church springs to mind.

Do you still pay your monthly Church dividend?

I don't go to mass, because IN MY OPINION there is no such thing as God - answer your question ok?

Small adjustment needed.

Black Card

No adjustment necessary - belief doesn't make it correct, just makes people gullible and naive.

muppet

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 03:37:10 PM
No adjustment necessary - belief doesn't make it correct, just makes people gullible and naive.

Be telling us, what or who triggered the Big Bang?
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

And what does mocking people for their religious beliefs make you?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Orior

Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 03:39:33 PM

Ah Muppet, save these questions for the pub.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Black Card

No one knows, and as it is just a theory no one probably will ever know - but a supreme being who has always existed and is looking after 200 billion odd galaxies it wasn't!

Black Card

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 14, 2014, 03:57:18 PM

Questioning these views makes me rational and logical I would suspect.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 07:46:36 PM

That's the answer to a question I didn't ask. What I did ask was, if having a belief in God "makes people gullible and naive", what does mocking people based on their religious beliefs make you?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

seafoid

The Windsors have played a blinder recently. They lost a lot of brownie points when Diana died but this time around they control the narrative. A young woman and a child and a whole new setting and they manage all interviews down to a tee. It is as marketable as the champions league. Womens magazines all over the world buy the pictures.

Poor katie has to stay size 8 indefinitely.

Black Card

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 14, 2014, 08:08:35 PM

That's the answer to a question I didn't ask. What I did ask was, if having a belief in God "makes people gullible and naive", what does mocking people based on their religious beliefs make you?

By saying people who believe in God are gullible and naive, is the same as applying similar logic to children and Father Christmas, it doesn't mean their beliefs are being mocked these people just have been very mislead.   Humans for a variety of reasons have had religion forced down their throats throughout the ages, unfortunately few questioned the impossible, so as mentioned I would say I am rational and logical.  Not sure how much more I can help you with your question, but feel free to ask.

muppet

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 07:45:18 PM

No one knows, and as it is just a theory no one probably will ever know - but a supreme being who has always existed and is looking after 200 billion odd galaxies it wasn't!

If no one else knows, how come you do?
MWWSI 2017

Black Card

Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 09:25:32 PM

I'll be more clear, it wasn't God as that entity doesn't exist.  By the way, the question posed must mean you have an opinion so in your educated mind if the big bang theory was true, what or who do you think triggered it?

muppet

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2014, 09:25:32 PM

I'll be more clear, it wasn't God as that entity doesn't exist.  By the way, the question posed must mean you have an opinion so in your educated mind if the big bang theory was true, what or who do you think triggered it?

My answering would be irrelevant as you are already certain of your own opinion.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 08:21:31 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 14, 2014, 08:08:35 PM

By saying people who believe in God are gullible and naive, is the same as applying similar logic to children and Father Christmas, it doesn't mean their beliefs are being mocked these people just have been very mislead.   Humans for a variety of reasons have had religion forced down their throats throughout the ages, unfortunately few questioned the impossible, so as mentioned I would say I am rational and logical.  Not sure how much more I can help you with your question, but feel free to ask.
People have beliefs that many hold dear. Calling those people gullible and naive IS mocking them no matter how you dance around it. My question remains.