So what do ye think of the black card rule now?

Started by sligoman2, April 08, 2014, 04:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of the black card rule

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Still undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 17, 2014, 08:10:51 PM

Wildweasel74

Kerry man before the Tyrone penalty should got one, compare that tackle to the rightly given black card in the Derry - Kerry minor game.

muppet

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 23, 2015, 05:31:20 PM
Kerry man before the Tyrone penalty shoudl got one, compare that tackle to the rightly given black card in the Derry - Kerry minor game.

That was as clear a black card for Enright as the one he should have got in last year's semi-final replay. Is there a rule that he can't be shown a black card?
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

What do you think of the black card now?

Still wondering how did Shane enright get an exemption.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BluestackBoy

Not a thing wrong with the black card, a simple concept with very few conditions attached to it.

The fact that the top referees in the country can't administer it is what gets me.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 23, 2015, 07:13:55 PM
Not a thing wrong with the black card, a simple concept with very few conditions attached to it.

The fact that the top referees in the country can't administer it is what gets me.

And there in lies the problem, it's virtually impossible to apply with consistency. This has be proven time and time again over the past two years.
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

It's impossible for our refs to apply ANYTHING with consistency it seems.

The black card is not the problem, nor is it the solution to all the games ills. In my view however it has done a lot of good, and people are criticising it for not doing something it was never intended to do.

larryin89

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 23, 2015, 07:36:55 PM
It's impossible for our refs to apply ANYTHING with consistency it seems.

The black card is not the problem, nor is it the solution to all the games ills. In my view however it has done a lot of good, and people are criticising it for not doing something it was never intended to do.

They are consistently inconsistent. I would give my arm away to discuss one on one with cor Mac  Reilly the debacle that was Limerick last year. If only to watch the video with him and then ask him why ? But it runs deeper than just mistakes when it comes to Kerry but if you start that debate you're just classed as some sort of GAA Jim corr .

If you who is some sort of Kerry sympathiser from Offaly can explain to me today how Shane enright again escaped a black card , I would be very greatful.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

AZOffaly

Because Maurice Deegan made a balls of it. End of Story. It was a black card all day, and twice on Sundays.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 23, 2015, 07:27:36 PM

And there in lies the problem, it's virtually impossible to apply with consistency. This has be proven time and time again over the past two years.

If we apply that logic there wouldn't be a rule left.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

macdanger2

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 23, 2015, 08:16:54 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 23, 2015, 07:27:36 PM

If we apply that logic there wouldn't be a rule left.

That overcarrying rule is making a complete bollix of the game now that you mention it

Dinny Breen

The Black Card is a joke. Pure farce. It makes competent referees look incompetent. It turns "Can't believe that is amateur game" into "Easy know that's an amateur game".  Sure look if Dublin win next Sunday, the wheel turns and we can talk about the great games of the 2 team 70s and all will be right in GAA world.
#newbridgeornowhere

clarshack

black card needs to be scrapped. it's a joke at this stage.

GAA just needs to have a 'professional foul' like they have in soccer - if a player is through on goal (like the time conor mcmanus was against tyrone in 2013) and is fouled then it should be a red card for the offender.

macdanger2

So do we scrap every rule that's not implemented properly??

doodaa

As I posted in the Tyrone/ Kerry thread I don't think the black card has been a success.
Its too open to interpretation and leads to confusion for everyone.

AZOffaly

This is the thing. It's not supposed to be open to interpretation. the only interpretation is 'was it deliberate'. the two questions are "Is it one of the 5 fouls, Is it deliberate". It's only a black if the answer to both is yes.

I don't understand the confusion to be honest.