Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on May 05, 2014, 06:00:43 PM
Don't mind don't matter
He puts forward the same arguments and every time he's challenged he resorts to base insults. Not even worth reading his posts,

I'm never challenged, not one Dub has gone near any of the points I make. I don't blame them though, they'd be wasting their time, Dublin's cheating is indefensible.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 05, 2014, 04:13:21 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 03:41:57 PM
Quote from: Drummerboy on May 05, 2014, 02:40:47 PM
The only way you'd be happy would be if Dublin didn't play the sport. The money has been used to bring clubs facilities up to the same standard as the rest of the country. I know from travelling around the country that the facilities in most Dublin clubs are behind that of many clubs around the country. Your argument about paid coaches, many of whom are from the country, doesn't wash. The clubs have to provide the bulk of the wages for GPOs. Dublin have become successful because of the efforts of ordinary club members who have got themselves organised to an extent that they are producing good sportspeople. At the moment there are coaches up and down the country trying to do the same thing. And eventually somebody will knock Dublin off the throne. Money doesn't make a good player.

Dublin has to be split, it's the only solution. The money has not been used to bring club facilities up to standard, that's a lie. Other money has gone into that and to say club facilties in Dublin are worse than that around the country is a bit of a joke.
How does the argument of paid coaches not wash? What are you on about? Paid, qualified coaches around every club to train trainers to coach teams at a high standard is a huge advantage, how could it not be?
Some clubs have to pay the bulk of the wages for their extra GPOs, not all GPOs. About the only true thing you've said there is that coaches around the country are trying to produce good sportspeople, the difference is they barely have any money.
So to ask the questions again. Why don't Dublin pay back all the money if it has nothing to do with their success? Why is the money still being paid to them if they would be successful without it anyway?

In fairness this money cannot be paid back as it was not a loan. Eaten bread is soon forgotten.

The reality is a huge project called the redevelopment of Croke Park had to be financed. To finance this it had to be filled year in year out for 5 to 6 months of the year. Dublin were the only county that could do this consistently if they had a good team. So the GAA spent money on Dublin. Hurling was seen as a second cash cow in the making. Anyway we are heading toward a Scottish premier League scenario where you have a multimillion team at the top (Celtic) and a plethora of teams way off the mark hoping to catch the big fish on an off day.

There will be no change. Really, it's to late. These successful structures have been set up and you can't pull the rug out from under them. The Turkey in Leinster will continue to vote for games in Croke Park to benefit their pittance short term gain. The GAA will remain happy to keep Croke park busy over the summer. Dublin will continue to dominate and a core of the Media who are all based in Dublin will be happy. Meanwhile Leinster will continue to become a shambles. Connacht and Munster will continue to be the two horse races they've always been, with the same Turkeys in Munster voting for seeding in their Championship. Ulster with the help of the Queens money might have a small chance (hard luck Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan).

This is the typical doomsday scenario put forward by the Billy Keane's, Marting Breheny's and Colm Keyes of the world. It won't happen.

After next year we'll be lucky to win an u21 leinster title by 2019 again. Carlow beat our u21's in hurling last year and Longford beat our u21's.

Its unfactual tripe. When kilkenny won 4 in a row nobody cared. When Kerry and Tyrone shared 6 all irelands between them in 6 years. Nobody cared.

Its the small man syndrome. As regards the other smaller counties no-one gave a shite about them either when kerry and tyrone were beating all round them.

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 06:07:01 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on May 05, 2014, 06:00:43 PM
Don't mind don't matter
He puts forward the same arguments and every time he's challenged he resorts to base insults. Not even worth reading his posts,

I'm never challenged, not one Dub has gone near any of the points I make. I don't blame them though, they'd be wasting their time, Dublin's cheating is indefensible.

I have on several occasions and you've refused to engage.

Why didn't the £120M given to Ulster counties by the British Exchequer for sports development mean an upsurge in Ulster success?

I see the Dublin Minor ladies had a 7-12 to 0-2 win over Westmeath today in Clane (must've been all the money & home advantage) oh wait..

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on May 05, 2014, 06:38:31 PM

Why didn't the £120M given to Ulster counties by the British Exchequer for sports development mean an upsurge in Ulster success?

I see the Dublin Minor ladies had a 7-12 to 0-2 win over Westmeath today in Clane (must've been all the money & home advantage) oh wait..

You haven't tackled any points I've made, all you've done is do something similar to what you just did there. Deflect, discuss anything else but Dublin's cheating.

Are Ulster one county now?

Teams win matches all the time, usually it's not because of home advantage or millions of euro. Dublin winning all their recent underage titles is because of money and the senior success is because of money and home advantage.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 06:51:10 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 05, 2014, 06:38:31 PM

You haven't tackled any points I've made, all you've done is do something similar to what you just did there. Deflect, discuss anything else but Dublin's cheating.

Are Ulster one county now?

Teams win matches all the time, usually it's not because of home advantage or millions of euro. Dublin winning all their recent underage titles is because of money and the senior success is because of money and home advantage.

Please demonstrate how primary school level coaching - typically U8-10 which commences in 2005 had a direct causal effect on Dublin's 2010 U21 win.

Please divide £120m (GBP) by 8 and do similar sums.

Please advise the venue of the three recent U21 Football final wins and how many times they played at home v playing away enroute to those titles.

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on May 05, 2014, 06:54:24 PM
Please demonstrate how primary school level coaching - typically U8-10 which commences in 2005 had a direct causal effect on Dublin's 2010 U21 win.

Please advise the venue of the three recent U21 Football final wins and how many times they played at home v playing away enroute to those titles.

They didn't just start at u8 and leave any older kids out of it. Serious money and coaching went into that u21 team.

Divide it by 9 you mean? Start a new thread on it.

Read what I said, underage titles were won because of money, senior titles were won because of money and home advantage.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 07:03:14 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 05, 2014, 06:54:24 PM

They didn't just start at u8 and leave any older kids out of it. Serious money and coaching went into that u21 team.

Divide it by 9 you mean? Start a new thread on it.

Read what I said, underage titles were won because of money, senior titles were won because of money and home advantage.

Bluffer. We've read what you said and you haven't answered anything. Bluffer

There I said it again. Bluffer

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2014, 07:05:11 PM

I've answered everything got to do with the subject at hand, that being Dublin's cheating. The Dubs want to change the subject, not gonna happen.  ;D
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 07:11:27 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2014, 07:05:11 PM

I've answered everything got to do with the subject at hand, that being Dublin's cheating. The Dubs want to change the subject, not gonna happen.  ;D

Until you answer my questions which I've asked you continually, your trolling will be treated as such.

Arming yourself with actual facts and information and not stuff you make up might no no harm either if you ever do choose to engage and just troll.

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on May 05, 2014, 07:16:29 PM
Until you answer my questions which I've asked you continually, your trolling will be treated as such.

Arming yourself with actual facts and information and not stuff you make up might no no harm either if you ever do choose to engage and just troll.

As usual, the Dubs can't deal with the topic at hand, try to derail and then go running when that fails.  ;D
Peter Quinn

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 05, 2014, 06:03:49 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 04:23:11 PM
You named yourself very aptly!!
Your jibes don't matter!
You have actually re-iterated a couple of things I've already said that Dublin are a bit of a disgrace and their population means they should be more successful than other counties!

Your whinges don't stack up. You say that Dublin have 'extra' coaches etc.
Of course they do - they have a bigger playing population!!
The clubs I've been involved with in four counties all have coaches - same number of coaches in each .... One ! The Dublin club fields twice as many teams as the smallest club I was involved with.

I understand you dislike Dublin, and I'd fear their dominance - if that came to pass then the association would have to vote to split Dublin into two.
But your whinges are diatribes based on jealousy and hatred rather than any actual knowledge and fact.
I'd be happy and prepared to listen to you if you actually did some fact finding and unearthed info that in any way backed up your stories.
Otherwise you are just looking like a foolish wee fat assed whinger who would rather moan than get off his hole to do something!

Furthermore I'm a GAA man and support my county when I can!
Dublin would be lucky to have me!
You are a wee boy that highlights the horrible IRish traits of begrudgery and hypocrisy!

I have seen no evidence from you to back up your moans that apart from more funding that equates to more players ( which I'd have thought is fair) Dublin are only getting their share later than most.
I know other counties got more funding than Dublin starting in the 90's - and the Gaa hired two coaches in 1998 I think it was - Colm Brady Meath - football and Lester Ryan Kilkenny - hurling- and they spent their time throughout Leinster and not Dublin - until the GAA started hiring more coaches, then these were deployed equally throughout the country- Dublin getting same or less than others.

If what you were guessing at was true then I'd also move to make things fairer financially, but you can't and as far as I know they are not. I personally try to be fair about most things.
Just because this isn't what you want to hear doesn't give rise for you to whinge more about me and attempt to throw mud, that's not what proper Gaels do - unless you are some kind of t**ker from Laois or some place who is simply out for themselves.

I await your reply with evidence to back up your assertions!

The wannabe Dub is angry, how dare anyone try to tackle his new counties cheating. They say if you're using insults then you've lost the argument, well this fella has obviously been battered. 
I didn't say Dublin have extra coaches, I said they have paid coaches for every club who are fully qualified. How many counties have them? Being opposed to cheating isn't jealousy, I have backed up my claims. Go look at the GAA's accounts if you don't believe me.
I understand your feelings are hurt because you've been left looking foolish in this thread. The wannabe Dub with all his previous clubs has been made a show of, but will you try to deal with the topic at hand in a respectful manner? I know you're just trying to imitate your new county men and women but still.  ;D
if you are referring to me- then im far from angry - im amused/bemused at your idiotic ramblings.
you can attempt to insult away -as you say its a sure sign you have lost any 'discussion'.
not that you ever actually indulged in one- but resorted to childish insults and meaningless wittering.

what is your last post about- it makes no sense whatsoever ....quelle surprise.  you seem to change your point like the wind that comes out of you. fully qualified what?
Don't know about the dubs, but im still waiting for you to back up your claims with any kind of info.

you are really embarrassing yourself and looking extremely foolish in this thread, your jealousy is very sad - maybe you are hoping people take pity on you for being  bitter little man (?)

so we are still waiting for you to come up with something/anything to back up your witterings!!

From the Bunker

Questions;

Do Dublin fans see Croke Park as their home? Most definitely yes, sure where else could be their home?
Do Dublin gain an advantage over the Winter having home league games in Croke Park rather than Parnell Park? This has to be a yes, only natural.
Do Dublin gain an advantage playing League semi finals and finals in Croke Park?This has to be a yes, only natural.
Do Dublin gain an advantage playing all their Championship games in Croke Park? This has to be a yes, only natural.
Have Dublin became to big for the other teams in Leinster? This has to be a yes. Stats prove it, bar a blip in 2010.
Is it possible for the other counties to compete with Dublin now that they have sorted out their structures and harnessed their population? Hard to see anyone compete with them.
Is Dublin's underage success a fluke? Not by the looks of it. Good Structures, training facilities and good coaches brought in.
Is Dublin's Senior success a fluke? No! allot of ground work done, Big back up team and good youth structure coming through.
Do they see the Hill as their Terrace an theirs only or open to all fans? Most definitely yes, at last years AI allot were really put out at the amount of away fans in the Hill.
Are Dublin realy getting to much money? Now that is the question? They sure as hell could not be getting the same amount as Leitrim! As you cannot just divide the pot by 32!

As for the doomsday scenario. GAA survived the complete dominance of the Great Kerry Team of the 70's and 80's. Two late goals stopped that team from winning 9 in a row titles. That Kerry team changed the ethics of what was needed to win an AI title. Dublin County probably have done the same. They have turned things that should have been an advantage to them in the past into being an advantage to them in the future. Most of these things are so long written in stone that many GAA fans have become blinded to these advantages being advantages. And to change some of them would (going by this board alone) take allot of pushing and shoving.

Anyway back to Kerry example, they had a great group. But relatively no one come through. This Dublin team have the opposite! They could create a serious legacy and force a serious change in the set up of the game (just like that Kerry team did. But in a different way).

Itchy

I think Don't matters accusations are brushed aside a little to easily. I'd have a few questions of my own on the finances from croke park...
1- How is money divided out to all counties. Is it proportional to amount of members, the state of development in the counties or just divide by 32.
2- A table of what counties got in 2014 & 2013 would be very interesting.
3- Don't Matter says each Dublin club has a full time paid coach on their books. Is this true? How is this funded? Certainly no such role exists in the 40 odd clubs in Cavan.
4- One thing that is for sure, Dublin get a serious advantage to play almost every game in croke park. There are probably solid financial reasons for it but it is still an advantage. Image if Tyrone had every game in Omagh, Mayo might even with an All Ireland if every game was in McHale park.
5- The crux is whether Dublin are getting disproportionate support from HQ. Most clubs in the country raised their own money through Lottos, raffles etc and built their facilities that way. Ive read a few Dublin posters imply they have a god given right to get such funding from Croke park. Could it be the GAA are putting more money into Dublin than they should in order to win over the hearts and minds of young Dubs? That might be a noble aspiration but it could also be deemed a extremely unfair advantage to Dublin.

I don't have the answers, but I'd love to hear opinions on both sides versus my questions.

Jell 0 Biafra

Mayo have won 4 of the last 5 Connacht championships.  Are they too big for the other Connacht counties? 

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 05, 2014, 09:09:13 PM
Mayo have won 4 of the last 5 Connacht championships.  Are they too big for the other Connacht counties?

Yes, At the moment! But Mayo's underage success has been limited over the same period and there will be a big lull when this groups lifespan comes to an end!