Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 26, 2014, 01:38:47 PM
What do people want us to do though?

Dublin fans would love to play elsewhere. But Croke Park won't forgoe the revenue. I'm fed up going to Croke Park for Leinster Champiosnhip games.

The other side of the coin is that revenue builds a lot of GAA facilities around the country.

Millions of euro were invested in Dublin, they wanted a return so everything was done to assist them to get successful and in doing so attract more revenue from gate receipts. That's why Dublin haven't played away from home since Longford 06.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 26, 2014, 02:15:44 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 26, 2014, 01:25:10 PM
All players want to play in croke park!
From underage to adult - hurling, football, camogie and ladies football!

Sure ever soccer and rugby would still want tobplaybthere ( for extra revenue!)

Any team that wants success , has to play in croker as that's where the semis and finals are played!
In past few decades Dublin have rarely been the opposition!

Sports people are competitive so want to play there!

Money wasn't the factor behind kilkenny's dominance in hurling !!
Time, coaching and focus were the factors - same as dublins rising - ya can't buy players!

I've exposed this lad as a Dub in disguise before. Trying so hard to be accepted that he can't say a bad word about them.
Lol as they say in text speak!

Enough on the board have met me to know I'm not a Dub and don't pander or dance to anyone else's tune!
An example of this is your response!
Rather than being able to rationalize a proper response to an opinion, perspective or point of view you don't agree with or share - rather than debate or even accept people can and have different opinions to yourself, you instead attempt to undermine the person ( failing spectacularly badly here though!! )

The only think exposed here is your closed mindedness and anti dub agenda as well as lack of class and education.
Think someone said you are from laois- I was going to say 'that figures' but I know a lot of decent Gaels from Laois.
You have a lot of growing up and manners to learn I think - unless you start debating in a more considerate manner, there's no point in trying to talk Gaa stuff with you. Pity as you seem like you are passionate about it!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 26, 2014, 02:21:21 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 26, 2014, 01:38:47 PM
What do people want us to do though?

Dublin fans would love to play elsewhere. But Croke Park won't forgoe the revenue. I'm fed up going to Croke Park for Leinster Champiosnhip games.

The other side of the coin is that revenue builds a lot of GAA facilities around the country.

Millions of euro were invested in Dublin, they wanted a return so everything was done to assist them to get successful and in doing so attract more revenue from gate receipts. That's why Dublin haven't played away from home since Longford 06.
Did you ever play at any level for your county?

If so did you ever or never harbour thoughts of playing in croker ( above your own county ground)?

Please tell us about how money helped Kilkenny dominate hurling?

Please inform of us the players or bionic body parts that money bought for Dublin teams?

Drummerboy

When the stadium is totally refurbished in Cork, the GAA may decide to play some of the quarter finals down there. A Cork/Kerry v Dublin quarter/semi final would pack them in I'm sure.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Ringfort on April 26, 2014, 01:50:18 PM
We know you as fans cannot do anything about the venue. It is the fault of HQ and to a lesser extent the Dublin CB and the other Leinster counties CB's for not kicking up a stink over it. Money, unfortunately, like everything in modern life, is King.

It would be nice if the Dub fans did not deny and deflect that they are at a competitive advantage though. I hope the campaign builds steam. It is not aimed at genuine Dublin GAA men but the powers that be in HQ.

Dublin have won 52 Leinster titles and for most of the period during which they won these they travelled around Leinster to play their matches with only the Leinster finals being played in Croke Park. It is only in recent years that Dublin have played all their Leinster games in Croke Park so there is nothing to suggest that Dublin would be less successful if the earlier arrangement had prevailed.

For their most successful run in Leinster (six in a row between 1974 and 1979) Dublin played most of their games outside Croke Park. You're chasing shadows lads; don't think you'll catch the Dubs simply by taking them out of Croke Park.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

INDIANA

Any team that wants success , has to play in croker as that's where the semis and finals are played!

Time, coaching and focus were the factors - same as dublins rising - ya can't buy players!

I've exposed this lad as a Dub in disguise before. Trying so hard to be accepted that he can't say a bad word about them.

The only thing you've exposed is what a thundering raving mad lunatic you truly are.

From the Bunker

Who said nobody wants to play there?

What decade have Dublin Rarely been the opposition for Semis and Finals?

Just because Kilkennys had success has does this mean that Money will not buy you success?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: INDIANA on April 26, 2014, 06:39:23 PM

The only thing you've exposed is what a thundering raving mad lunatic you truly are.

Well said...........................................and a bigoted racist to boot

lynchbhoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2014, 06:47:17 PM

Just because Kilkennys had success has does this mean that Money will not buy you success?
My point is that everyone wants to play there.
Ask any Kildare, Meath, Galway, limerick or ulster lad would they prefer to play in their home venue or croker and I'd expect the majority would prefer croker.
Many reasons for that- over riding any potential home adv they might get.

80's, 90's Meath were the team so Dublin rarely got out of Leinster.

Since the qualifiers Dublin have fared better but was it 3 or 4 all Ireland's in 30 years I think- hardly domination in football.
In quarter finals , semi finals final etc only one team could possibly meet Dublin- so yes, Dublin are rarely the opposition for all teams!!!

Money hasn't bought success for all the teams winning Sam or Liam over the past few decades- so why so Dublin ( or is it people want to pick on them).
I'm not a dub , but fair is fair for fecks sake!!

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 26, 2014, 07:41:28 PM

Ask any Kildare, Meath, Galway, limerick or ulster lad would they prefer to play in their home venue or croker and I'd expect the majority would prefer croker.

Since the qualifiers Dublin have fared better but was it 3 or 4 all Ireland's in 30 years I think- hardly domination in football.
In quarter finals , semi finals final etc only one team could possibly meet Dublin- so yes, Dublin are rarely the opposition for all teams!!!

Money hasn't bought success for all the teams winning Sam or Liam over the past few decades- so why so Dublin ( or is it people want to pick on them).

Not to detract from the main point of the thread, but you might want to rethink the bolded bit.

From the Bunker

Dublin won Leinster titles 1983, 1984, 1985, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995,  Rare?

Dublin in AI finals 83, 84, 85, 92, 94, 95 Rare?

As for the horse sh!t that because a team are really want to play in Croker or Really want to beat the Dubs is enough to beat them. Well you are very naive. If you think a Team who play all year round on a pitch, in front of a home crowd, on a distinct playing ground, on a ground that is bigger than most, that is on their doorstep. How could Dublin not have an advantage? It's only natural?

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2014, 09:54:34 PM

Dublin won Leinster titles 1983, 1984, 1985, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995,  Rare?

As for the horse sh!t that because a team are really want to play in Croker or Really want to beat the Dubs is enough to beat them. Well you are very naive. If you think a Team who play all year round on a pitch, in front of a home crowd, on a distinct playing ground, on a ground that is bigger than most, that is on their doorstep. How could Dublin not have an advantage? It's only natural?

Ah Ha. The first sense of bullshit that Croke Park is bigger then other pitches. Common misconception old bean.
Antrim Casement Park 145.0 90.0
Donegal McCumhaill Park 145.0 90.0
Armagh Athletic Grounds 143.0 88.0
Mionaghan St Tiernach's Park 142.0 87.0
Tyrone Healy Park 142.0 86.0 
Cavan Breffni Park 142.5 85.5 
Fermangh Brewster Park 145.0 83.0
Derry Celtic Park 138.1 84.1
Down Pairc Esler 137.8 80.7

Clare Cusack Park 145 90
Tipperary Semple Stadium 145 90 
Cork Pairc Ui Rinn 145 88
Pairc Ui Chaoimh 144 88
Kerry Fitzgerald Stadium 144 82 
Waterford Walsh Park 142 80
Limerick Gaelic Grounds 137 82

Galway Pearse Stadium 145 90 
Roscommon Dr Hyde Park 145 90 
Sligo Markievicz Park 142 90 
Leitrim Pairc Sean Mac Diarmada 142 87
Mayo McHale Park 137 82

CROKE PARK IS 144M IN LENGTH AND 86M WIDE. READ MY LIPS!

http://www.crokepark.ie/about/pitch

Whishtup

In all fairness, Dublin should be knocked down, carried away, rotavated and reseeded.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Whishtup on April 26, 2014, 11:05:39 PM
In all fairness, Dublin should be knocked down, carried away, rotavated and reseeded.
;D  ;D ;D I love Culchies !

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on April 26, 2014, 10:56:56 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2014, 09:54:34 PM

Ah Ha. The first sense of bullshit that Croke Park is bigger then other pitches. Common misconception old bean.
Antrim Casement Park 145.0 90.0
Donegal McCumhaill Park 145.0 90.0
Armagh Athletic Grounds 143.0 88.0
Mionaghan St Tiernach's Park 142.0 87.0
Tyrone Healy Park 142.0 86.0 
Cavan Breffni Park 142.5 85.5 
Fermangh Brewster Park 145.0 83.0
Derry Celtic Park 138.1 84.1
Down Pairc Esler 137.8 80.7

Clare Cusack Park 145 90
Tipperary Semple Stadium 145 90 
Cork Pairc Ui Rinn 145 88
Pairc Ui Chaoimh 144 88
Kerry Fitzgerald Stadium 144 82 
Waterford Walsh Park 142 80
Limerick Gaelic Grounds 137 82

Galway Pearse Stadium 145 90 
Roscommon Dr Hyde Park 145 90 
Sligo Markievicz Park 142 90 
Leitrim Pairc Sean Mac Diarmada 142 87
Mayo McHale Park 137 82

CROKE PARK IS 144M IN LENGTH AND 86M WIDE. READ MY LIPS!

http://www.crokepark.ie/about/pitch

;D