Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 23, 2014, 12:27:43 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 23, 2014, 12:22:34 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 23, 2014, 11:12:27 AM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 23, 2014, 08:32:59 AM
How many championship games did johnny Doyle play in Croker?

no place like home wha!  :)

Everyone knows that Portlaoise is Kildare's home venue.
ah that's not fair we want portlaois as our secondary venue for less attractive games and our underage teams!  :D

Dont Matter

When Eugene McGees Football Review Comedy were looking for suggestions on how we can improve Gaelic football, I sent him a 5 page page detailed letter. It took me ages to write, I went through the major problem we had, how it was effecting ordinary grassroots members, the unfairness of it, the utter disgust I had with the entire situation.
For some reason I haven't heard anything about it since, why haven't you tackled it Eugene? Keep the Lilies out of O'Moore Park. It's a disgrace that we get landed with that lot every Summer.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Jinxy

I'd say Eugene made it halfway down the first page.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 23, 2014, 01:04:20 PM
When Eugene McGees Football Review Comedy were looking for suggestions on how we can improve Gaelic football, I sent him a 5 page page detailed letter. It took me ages to write, I went through the major problem we had, how it was effecting ordinary grassroots members, the unfairness of it, the utter disgust I had with the entire situation.
For some reason I haven't heard anything about it since, why haven't you tackled it Eugene? Keep the Lilies out of O'Moore Park. It's a disgrace that we get landed with that lot every Summer.
Why don't you join reservoir dubs, the lads over there will give you a proper debate on all things Dublin GAA

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 24, 2014, 02:21:46 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on April 23, 2014, 01:04:20 PM
Why don't you join reservoir dubs, the lads over there will give you a proper debate on all things Dublin GAA

We will alright. And then we'll find out who he is, where he lives and which primary school he's going to. And then indeed the fun will start.........!

Dont Matter

I avoid going to Dublin as much as possible as all you get is abused by junkies, why would I sign up to that site for the same treatmeant?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 24, 2014, 08:10:21 PM
I avoid going to Dublin as much as possible as all you get is abused by junkies, why would I sign up to that site for the same treatmeant?
seek and you'll find ! Or maybe because the lads over there  know Dublin gaa and would wipe the floor with your argument!

From the Bunker

I have a better question for ya! How many times in knock out competition (League and Championship) has say Bernard Brogan played outside Croke ParK?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 24, 2014, 11:02:59 PM

I have a better question for ya! How many times in knock out competition (League and Championship) has say Bernard Brogan played outside Croke ParK?

Don't get this whole Croke Park obsession lads. It's where all top players want to play. The current Cork, Kerry, Mayo, Kildare, Tyrone and Donegal panels know the stadium well by this stage. If anything it brings out the best in players.

Brian Mc Iver was thrilled the semi finals were at HQ and is delighted to take Derry back this weekend!

Johnnybegood

Bernard brogan as we all know has never played a champo game outside croker
Any of the potential teams to play Dublin outside croker in the Leinster champo wouldn't jane a hope of beating Dublin regardless of venue
Laois Wexford Wicklow etc
A fixture against either Meath or Kildare gas to be played in croker as both fixtures would draw at least 45k
There wouldn't be much advantage playing Kildare in croker as they have/had players like johnny Doyle that has played there not once not twice but 34 times. Teams raise their game playing in croker especially against Dublin
All this Dublin home advantage, Dublin sponsorship, Dublin have all the money malarkey smacks to me of jealousy and begrudgery, wasn't a problem a few years ago when Dublin were being humiliated in croker to wails of country delight.
These days we choke on all Ireland medals.
Swings and roundabouts with the emergence and decline of great teams. All pretenders to dublins throne would be better off to stop concentrating their moans on Dublin and knuckle down to beat us on the pitch.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 24, 2014, 11:12:39 PM

Don't get this whole Croke Park obsession lads. It's where all top players want to play. The current Cork, Kerry, Mayo, Kildare, Tyrone and Donegal panels know the stadium well by this stage. If anything it brings out the best in players.

Brian Mc Iver was thrilled the semi finals were at HQ and is delighted to take Derry back this weekend!

You are right you don't get it! I have no problem with the Dubs playing in Croker when it is a final (in the League) or a Leinster final or an AI semi or Final. It's great to play in Croker when you have earned the right. Problem is Dublin never have to earn the right anymore.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 24, 2014, 11:25:04 PM

Any of the potential teams to play Dublin outside croker in the Leinster champo wouldn't jane a hope of beating Dublin regardless of venue
A fixture against either Meath or Kildare gas to be played in croker as both fixtures would draw at least 45k
There wouldn't be much advantage playing Kildare in croker as they have/had players like johnny Doyle that has played there not once not twice but 34 times. Teams raise their game playing in croker especially against Dublin
All this Dublin home advantage, Dublin sponsorship, Dublin have all the money malarkey smacks to me of jealousy and begrudgery, wasn't a problem a few years ago when Dublin were being humiliated in croker to wails of country delight.
Swings and roundabouts with the emergence and decline of great teams. All pretenders to dublins throne would be better off to stop concentrating their moans on Dublin and knuckle down to beat us on the pitch.

Jez, I was sure Bernard had played at least one game knock out game outside of Croke Park. That's amazing! I was expecting an answer back of 5! Feck! Just goes to show you the monopoly of Dublin and keeping it at home. Crazy stuff! Is there another sport with this bias toward one team? I am not blaming the Players or the fans? They are just pawns in all of this. Happy pawns, but pawns all the same. 

Johnnybegood

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 24, 2014, 11:38:33 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 24, 2014, 11:25:04 PM

Jez, I was sure Bernard had played at least one game knock out game outside of Croke Park. That's amazing! I was expecting an answer back of 5! Feck! Just goes to show you the monopoly of Dublin and keeping it at home. Crazy stuff! Is there another sport with this bias toward one team? I am not blaming the Players or the fans? They are just pawns in all of this. Happy pawns, but pawns all the same.
was this so called bias towards Dublin prevalent throughout the noughties ? Did Dublin have an advantage over mayo in last years final?