Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Quote from: sheamy on April 22, 2014, 03:01:49 PM
I don't need to see the table again.

The whole thing is public information.

http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Annual_Congress_Final_Report2.pdf

Page 124.

The largest spend on coaching and games looks to be on Dublin, Derry, Cork and Antrim. With those counties having the largest cities in Ireland, it's hardly surprising. I haven't done the sums but per head of population, would they be that far out?

The population of Dublin is about 1.2 million, roughly.
The population of Derry City is about 100k, roughly.

That factor of 12 or so seems to come out in the accounts.

Good to see the two biggest cheating counties in Ireland meeting on Sunday.

Not that table this one:

You see how the results are improving? with money?

The largest spend is on Dublin, followed FAR behind by Derry and the rest. I've already shown that the population argument is nonsense, isn't Derry closer to 200,000 than 100,000? Oh wait, you only include Derry city.  ;D There's just no defending it no matter what kind of spin you put on it.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 04:10:55 PM
Quote from: sheamy on April 22, 2014, 03:01:49 PM
I don't need to see the table again.

The whole thing is public information.

http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Annual_Congress_Final_Report2.pdf

Page 124.

The largest spend on coaching and games looks to be on Dublin, Derry, Cork and Antrim. With those counties having the largest cities in Ireland, it's hardly surprising. I haven't done the sums but per head of population, would they be that far out?

The population of Dublin is about 1.2 million, roughly.
The population of Derry City is about 100k, roughly.

That factor of 12 or so seems to come out in the accounts.

Good to see the two biggest cheating counties in Ireland meeting on Sunday.

Not that table this one:

You see how the results are improving? with money?

The largest spend is on Dublin, followed FAR behind by Derry and the rest. I've already shown that the population argument is nonsense, isn't Derry closer to 200,000 than 100,000? Oh wait, you only include Derry city.  ;D There's just no defending it no matter what kind of spin you put on it.

Have you got an answer?

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 22, 2014, 03:40:24 PM
Can you justify laois getting 250k per annum for it's hurling programme in contrast to the Longford county board who get nothing?
All of Carlow , laois , Westmeath and Antrim are in receipt of this . I want you to tell me why laois are more entitled to it then Longford

;D They're not, in fact I said as much in this very thread! Here's what I said "The good news is that this year they've supplied a million for 4 counties to share amongst them to improve hurling standards, the bad news is that there's not only 4 counties who need improvement in their hurling."

Now I know this attitude of fair play is against your nature but it's not against mine. The money should be spreads fairly no matter what county is involved. Why do you find it easy to point out unfair funding to other counties but not your own? Especially when the amounts we're talking about is far, far higher?
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 22, 2014, 04:12:09 PM
Have you got an answer?

An answer to attempt to undo the financial cheating of Dublin? There's only one answer, split them!
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 04:18:48 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 22, 2014, 04:12:09 PM
Have you got an answer?

An answer to attempt to undo the financial cheating of Dublin? There's only one answer, split them!

Nothing then. Point proven you are undoubtedly the village idiot.
Hypocrite

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 22, 2014, 04:39:05 PM
Nothing then. Point proven you are undoubtedly the village idiot.
Hypocrite

;D Oh but you've made a huge show of yourself. It's so funny. Poor simple Dub.

Read a couple of posts up.  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D I can't stop laughing at ya.
Peter Quinn

BennyHarp

I would have thought development money would be in proportion to the number of kids that would be impacted by the investment. As Dublin has significantly more kids than other areas then it will need more money spent on facilities, coaches and gear etc. I would suggest it hardly matters what colour of jersey the kids wear in the future. If that money is well spent then the kids will be enjoying their football (or hurling) which is job done. If as a result the Dublin senior team improves well fair play to them, but I'd say that's a secondary objective and there's never a guarantee that money spent on underage development will result in senior success.

What's the alternative suggestion? Reduce the amount to Dublin and leave kids disadvantaged or give 1.5m to Carlow and have the coaches driving Porsches and Mercs?
That was never a square ball!!

Dont Matter

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 22, 2014, 04:59:07 PM
I would have thought development money would be in proportion to the number of kids that would be impacted by the investment. As Dublin has significantly more kids than other areas then it will need more money spent on facilities, coaches and gear etc. I would suggest it hardly matters what colour of jersey the kids wear in the future. If that money is well spent then the kids will be enjoying their football (or hurling) which is job done. If as a result the Dublin senior team improves well fair play to them, but I'd say that's a secondary objective and there's never a guarantee that money spent on underage development will result in senior success.

What's the suggestion? Reduce the amount to Dublin and leave kids disadvantaged or give 1.5m to Carlow and have the coaches driving Porsches and Mercs?

This is like trying to toilet train kids. You have them over the toilet but they still go on the floor.

As I've already shown, it's not down to population as other counties would be getting far higher than they're getting. Most of the money is going on producing talent - development squads, high profile coaches and so on. That will make them more competitive at minor, u21 and will lead onto senior. This is the PRIMARY objective, getting more kids involved is secondary.

Now nearly every club and county around the country is struggling to get kids involved and keep them involved. Why is Dublin seen as a special case? Why are they given huge financial support while everyone else has to struggle on?
So it's not about leaving Dublin kids disadvantaged, it's removing their advantage and putting them at an equal footing to the kids in all the other counties. What do people see wrong with that?

Don't give Carlow 1.5million, give every county fair funding! This isn't difficult. You can base it on population if you want but you can't have most of the country receiving well under 100,000 while one county is receiving 1,500,000 and I repeat, this 1.5million is games development money alone. Dublin are living on far higher than that.
Peter Quinn

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 05:18:55 PM

What's the suggestion? Reduce the amount to Dublin and leave kids disadvantaged or give 1.5m to Carlow and have the coaches driving Porsches and Mercs?

This is like trying to toilet train kids. You have them over the toilet but they still go on the floor.

As I've already shown, it's not down to population as other counties would be getting far higher than they're getting. Most of the money is going on producing talent - development squads, high profile coaches and so on. That will make them more competitive at minor, u21 and will lead onto senior. This is the PRIMARY objective, getting more kids involved is secondary.

Now nearly every club and county around the country is struggling to get kids involved and keep them involved. Why is Dublin seen as a special case? Why are they given huge financial support while everyone else has to struggle on?
So it's not about leaving Dublin kids disadvantaged, it's removing their advantage and putting them at an equal footing to the kids in all the other counties. What do people see wrong with that?

Don't give Carlow 1.5million, give every county fair funding! This isn't difficult. You can base it on population if you want but you can't have most of the country receiving well under 100,000 while one county is receiving 1,500,000 and I repeat, this 1.5million is games development money alone. Dublin are living on far higher than that.

Draw us up a draft solution, county by county then saying you are the fiscal expert here.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 22, 2014, 05:48:54 PM
Draw us up a draft solution, county by county then saying you are the fiscal expert here.

Obviously I can't give you a detailed one as that would take a long time.
So just say you have 10 million as you're games development fund. You have 36 teams to divide it amongst so that leaves you with about 280,000 each if you divide it equally. You make adjustments for population with the highest population about 600,000 and the lowest about 30,000. Not so hard is it? Everybody wins!
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 06:09:58 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 22, 2014, 05:48:54 PM

Obviously I can't give you a detailed one as that would take a long time.
So just say you have 10 million as you're games development fund. You have 36 teams to divide it amongst so that leaves you with about 280,000 each if you divide it equally. You make adjustments for population with the highest population about 600,000 and the lowest about 30,000. Not so hard is it? Everybody wins!

More Andrex material

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 22, 2014, 06:23:48 PM
More Andrex material

Most people would have bowed out red faced after the show you made of yourself earlier but you have no shame.  ;D
Peter Quinn

heffo

Bingo.

Johnnybegood

How many championship games did johnny Doyle play in Croker?

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?