Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2014, 05:57:20 PM
Why would you play a national final anywhere but Croke Park?

So what you are saying is only Finals should be played in Croke Park? Any finals played outside Croker would demean the value of the competition. On the other end playing lesser value league games in Croker demeans playing in Croker?

easytiger95

Difficult one to judge - playing the League finals out of Croke Park a few years ago was deemed a disaster in terms of attendance (was it 2006? I think it was Kerry and Donegal? Correct me if I am wrong).

Also remember the 99 final in Pairc Ui Chaoimh dubs v Cork - very poor atmosphere, poor game. Definitely think we could play semi finals out of Croker, but the finals should be there - as a reward for  getting there.

armaghniac

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 07:25:45 PM
Difficult one to judge - playing the League finals out of Croke Park a few years ago was deemed a disaster in terms of attendance (was it 2006? I think it was Kerry and Donegal? Correct me if I am wrong).

Also remember the 99 final in Pairc Ui Chaoimh dubs v Cork - very poor atmosphere, poor game. Definitely think we could play semi finals out of Croker, but the finals should be there - as a reward for  getting there.

Not much of a reward if you have all your games there!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

easytiger95

I know but what can you do? Dublin League games in Croke Park are getting an average of (I think) 22,000 people - that is more than double Parnell Park. The hurlers get less of a crowd and they use PP. I used to love the league games in Parnell - it could be a right bear pit - there were a couple of really intense clashes with Tyrone there in the mid noughties that stand out.

there was talk a couple of years ago that the county board had land set aside out near Rathcoole to put a new stadium on - with a 25k capacity, I think. But the fact is Dublin, as a city, probably has too many stadiums already, and the ones it has it can't maintain - thinking of places like Dalymount, Tolka Park - good locations, but falling apart.

I'd say though the attendances haven't been great this year and they seem to debate it every season as to whether it is worth it - the bottom line will rule on this one - if it becomes unfeasible to have league games in Croker it will be back to donnycarney.

Dont Matter

1. Of course it's factual, I've even backed it up with data. All you have is some Dublin kids never seen a hurl.  ;D

2. Explain to me why you think Antrim don't deserve money similar to that received by Dublin?

3. I've explained why you were wrong. Here's the table again:

As any normal person can see, the results after the millions upon millions of investment has improved greatly. Obviously showing that the millions upon millions of euros have bought Dublin bucket loads of titles.

4. So Dublin didn't win 24 titles on their own as I said in the beginning, you could apologise if you want.  ;D

5. Surely Dublin having far more players and far more clubs than anyone else is an advantage? Why should Dublin have the player pool advantage and get 1.5 million yearly? Dublin get far more than 1.5 million also don't you? This is just games development.

I've backed my points up with facts and figures, you're only using the opinions of your drug addled mind.  :D
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 13, 2014, 07:51:45 PM
1. Of course it's factual, I've even backed it up with data. All you have is some Dublin kids never seen a hurl.  ;D

2. Explain to me why you think Antrim don't deserve money similar to that received by Dublin?

3. I've explained why you were wrong. Here's the table again:

As any normal person can see, the results after the millions upon millions of investment has improved greatly. Obviously showing that the millions upon millions of euros have bought Dublin bucket loads of titles.

4. So Dublin didn't win 24 titles on their own as I said in the beginning, you could apologise if you want.  ;D

5. Surely Dublin having far more players and far more clubs than anyone else is an advantage? Why should Dublin have the player pool advantage and get 1.5 million yearly? Dublin get far more than 1.5 million also don't you? This is just games development.

I've backed my points up with facts and figures, you're only using the opinions of your drug addled mind.  :D
your big night must have been terrible! Did you even have a big night? Don't frett don't matter, there's plenty of nuns in your boat, you'll be all right!  ;)

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 13, 2014, 08:02:47 PM
your big night must have been terrible! Did you even have a big night? Don't frett don't matter, there's plenty of nuns in your boat, you'll be all right!  ;)

;D What's this? Are you having the crack with the other lad?
Peter Quinn

easytiger95

I've nothing to apologise for to a liar like you.

Your tables mean nothing because you have selected an arbitrary cut off point. Your argument is false. Money = achievement, yet you deliberately don't include periods like the fifities (in both hurling and football) and the seventies where success was attained and sustained without this investment.

The money given to Kerry has also increased from the mid 80s, yet you don't argue that it has materially improved their performances in the noughties when they won six All Ireland titles (including 2000). You say that it is the quantity of the money involved that makes the difference, but refuse to accept the logical point that when a county contains nearly 1/3 of the total population it should receive more resources. And even dividing the money on a per capita basis isn't fair because some counties face different challenges - for instance why would we give money to Kilkenny for football development when there is no will within the Kilkenny county board itself to promote football.

Antrim deserve all the money they need to address their own specific needs, to make them more successful and promote the games within a harsh enviroment. They shouldn't receive the same amount of money as Dublin because they don't have the same amount of players nor do they have the same amount of potential players or club members. That's just logic and demographics - neither of which you grasp.

As for Dublin's achievements pre 1950, I think most Dublin fans like me would accept that those teams were not representative of the county. However, it is a measure of the job the county board did (under direction from St. Vincents) to turn that round by the 55 football final and to have a true Dublin team competing. It is actually quite similar to the good job that has been done in the past few years reorganising our minors and U-21s, and  that is not about money. That is about being organised and having a plan.

You want reasons for our underachievement in the noughties? A lot of it had to do with a badly run county board not about money.

You'rea joker and a troll. Worse - you know nothing about the GAA.  Keep it up - it gets more revealing as you go on. Throw in a few more emoticons while you're at it.

Dont Matter

;D I will use more emoticons, thanks. You do owe me an apology as you were wrong, numerous times infact. I haven't lied once either.

I've explained the tables, I'll change it to include the same time before the money and the same time after if you want, as that's fair. Plenty of counties acheived stuff in the past without money, Dublin's current underage dominance is down to money. Fact.

When did Kerry get 1.5million for games development per year? How many titles would they when if they were given it? Dublin does receive more resources as it is, why should they get the extra fund? Why do you continue to see Dublin as a charity case the rest of us should pay for? The same could have been said for Dublin hurling a few years ago, why give them the money when they had no interest?

So Dublin's population is about 1.2 million, while Antrims is about 600,000. Dublin receive 1.5 million in games development fund, how much should Antrim receive? How much do they receive? You're the one with the lack of grasp, except for that needle.  :D

So, you'd like to thank the rest of the country for the hurling titles they won for Dublin yes? You should also thank us for the titles you've won in recent years as it's been won with our money!

Your idea of the GAA seems to be about what it can do for Dublin, that's not what the GAA is about. You have a lot to learn son.
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 13, 2014, 08:09:05 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 13, 2014, 08:02:47 PM

;D What's this? Are you having the crack with the other lad?
ye bleedinshoer wha! I'm so whacked owavit I'm having visions of Dublin equaling Kerry's 4 in a row and bringing Sam to our new academy in port Laois exclusively used for young footballers born and bread in Laois with aspirations of one day  playing for the dubs via the parentage rule.  ;D

Zulu

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 13, 2014, 07:20:39 PM

So what you are saying is only Finals should be played in Croke Park? Any finals played outside Croker would demean the value of the competition. On the other end playing lesser value league games in Croker demeans playing in Croker?

Not saying any of that. The All Ireland and national league finals should be played in Croke Park.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2014, 08:42:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 13, 2014, 07:20:39 PM

do the games from the quarter finals on have to be played in croke park to fall into agreement with the premium tickets?

Not saying any of that. The All Ireland and national league finals should be played in Croke Park.

Zulu

I think so. Croke Park should host as many big games as possible anyway.

easytiger95

QuoteI will use more emoticons, thanks. You do owe me an apology as you were wrong, numerous times infact. I haven't lied once either.

Let's see if that is true.

QuoteDublin's current underage dominance is down to money. Fact.

That's a lie - you haven't been able to prove it is down to money. Saying something is a fact doesn't make it a fact. Even David Brent knows that.

QuoteWhen did Kerry get 1.5million for games development per year? How many titles would they when if they were given it

Contradicting yourself again DM - you said a page ago that money doesn't buy titles - so why are you implying it would with Kerry? I thought that only worked with Dublin, according to your "logic". Try and keep your story straight. Lie.

QuoteWhy do you continue to see Dublin as a charity case the rest of us should pay for?

Never said that, so we'll call this one a lie as well. All I said that resources should be divided according to need, and as our population.....well, you know the rest.

QuoteThe same could have been said for Dublin hurling a few years ago, why give them the money when they had no interest?

Dublin have always fielded a hurling team - there have been periods where kilkenny have not fielded a football team. Dublin have at different times in their history been competitive at provincial level, especially during the fifties and early sixties, the late eighties and early nineties and now. Kilkenny have never been competitive in football nor wanted to be. There is no equivalence between them. Let's just put this down to your bone laziness and ignorance.

Quoteo Dublin's population is about 1.2 million, while Antrims is about 600,000. Dublin receive 1.5 million in games development fund, how much should Antrim receive? How much do they receive? You're the one with the lack of grasp, except for that needle

Well since you are into crude figures, lets say in Antrim that roughly 300,000 of that population don't want and will never want to play Gaelic games. Could be more actually. And let's say that out of the remaining 300,000 at least half that population through either economic factors (Gaelic games participation tends to skew towards more working class areas in urban settings), societal factors (the latent perceived danger of belonging to a GAA club in a hostile enviroment) sporting factors (preferring soccer or rugby etc) that maybe half that again will not be playing, especially given the isolated nature of the main hurling areas. Factor in again that the Dublin population is actually up around 1.6 million with Fingal and Dun Laoghaire included and that, unlike Antrim, 50% of the population are not hostile to the GAA. so there is a lot more people to be possibly swayed. You can do the maths yourself.

QuoteSo, you'd like to thank the rest of the country for the hurling titles they won for Dublin yes? You should also thank us for the titles you've won in recent years as it's been won with our money!

Another lie - never said anything like this - quote it if I did. If you can stop lying. Oh, i forgot, you can't stop lying or your entire argument falls apart! The titles we won in recent years have been won by Dublin players, matching and beating the best - and unlike yourself, the players of Mayo and Kerry didn't make up false excuses about being beaten by money. They have more self respect - the same self respect Dublin showed when being beaten by Mayo in 2012 - despite us trying to buy the Sam, according to you.

QuoteYour idea of the GAA seems to be about what it can do for Dublin, that's not what the GAA is about. You have a lot to learn son.

My idea of the GAA is love your club, love your county, do your best to contribute. Which has always been the attitude in Dublin GAA. But we can't do anything if your county can't get it together - that's up to you to organize, to improve, to get involved in. That is far more constructive than whinging about people buying titles. Look at what longford U-21s did against us last year - this supposedly invincible machine. You're a pathetic defeatist who'd prefer to blame a county that has three All Irelands in the last thirty years for his woes! Ok, we'll include 83 and say 4. We're the Deathstar and you're the Rebel Alliance. Grow up DM

Oh and by the way, I'm not your son, pal. God forbid - but i wouldn't think a troll like you, beavering away in front of his keyboard all day and night is going to be troubling the gene pool anytime soon.

Dont Matter

1. My table proves it's down to money. No lie. FACT.

2. Money hasn't bought titles, as in there has been no money to buy titles until Dublin got their windfall. So if Kerry got 1 million per year even how many titles would they win? They'd even compete in hurling.  ;D No lie. FACT.

3. You think Dublin deserves 1.5 million yearly while every other county deserve less than 100,000, so you see Dublin as a special case. No lie. FACT.

4. Dublin showed as much interest as Carlow, Kerry etc in hurling, why not give them some money? Instead it mostly went to Dublin. No lie. FACT.

5. Can't you make the same cuts of population you have in Antrim to Dublin in a lot of those cases? A lot don't want and will never want to play Gaelic games, economic factors, societal factors (drug addiction etc), sporting factors,  ;D You've basically made an argument why you think Dublin's fund should be cut.
So Dublin get 1.5 million, surely Antrim should get half that? Quarter that? Last year they got 76,000. Going on all you've mentioned earlier you agree with me that Dublin receiving 1.5 million and Antrim receiving 76,000 is unfair don't you? You'd be hypocritical if you disagree. No lie. FACT.

6. I'm asking if you'd like to thank us, don't you appreciate all the country people winning you a load of titles? How ungrateful of you. I repeat, my table shows that you have been bought titles, including All Irelands. No lie. FACT.

7. You have proven you think Dublin deserve special treatment. No lie. FACT.

8. I think you need some stuff to relax you son. You're getting too worked up over my facts and figures.  ;D
Peter Quinn