Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger95

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 12, 2014, 03:20:35 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PM
Of course what he leaves out are the figures for 74 to 85 - for instance 6 Leinster titles in a row, six AllIreland finals in a row and 3 All Ireland titles.

I should have put the same amount of years previous the millions to post the millions on my comparison, that would have been fair but I put 20 years previous and still you aint happy.

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PMAnd the figures for say, I dunno, Kerry over the same periods of time.

I'll do the stats for Kerry when you provide the figures that show them receiving more than 1 million per year off the GAA.

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PMAnd also the fact that Dublin has a far bigger population than any other county, thus making his tables   completely skewed and irrelevant

So Dublin have the population advantage and you still think it's fair they get about 1,500,000 yearly?

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PMAnd he never comments on the fact that in the years of the biggest allocations 2009 we were beaten by was it 17 points by Kerry in a quarter final, 2008 we were beaten by Tyrone by 12 points in a quarter final, 2007 we were beaten by Kerry by 2 points in a semi final. So going by Dont Matter's "logic" the increased cash must have been making our performances worse, given that there is such a proven link between cash and results.

The money in the table is for games development, it doesn't include money for team expenses or anything else. You understand what games development means or do I need to explain it?

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PMHis logic is "indefensable". Here's a clip of him compiling his stats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M

Somewhere a village is crying out for its idiot.

;D Did you make it home yet?

The reason I quoted the 70s is to illustrate the point that Dublin were successful in that period without the financial backing that you are so annoyed about, and were unsuccessful between 1995- 2011 with it - thus disproving your point that money buys All Irelands.

I don't have to show Kerry receiving millions from the GAA because I don't claim money buys All Irelands - you are claiming that, so to prove your point you should be able to show a link between finance and Kerry's dominance. Can you do that? Of course not.

Dublin have an advantage in that there is more people in the county than any other - however, relative to the actual population, our playing numbers are actually small. The GAA took the decision a long time ago that having a county where over a quarter of the population lives with huge areas completely uninterested in the GAA was unsustainable for the Association as a whole. As you noted yourself, the money is for games development which happens in areas where the games are not popular - not buying All Irelands for the Dublin county team (but if evangelizing the games in areas of the Southside where no hurl or O'Neills size 5 have ever been seen means more players for the county team, than happy days)

QuoteThe money in the table is for games development, it doesn't include money for team expenses or anything else. You understand what games development means or do I need to explain it?

You do realise that you are completely contradicting yourself here? Every county gets money for games development and as I explained above, Dublin happens to need more than any other. But they are also, over the last 25 years, in good years and bad, the biggest revenue generator for the GAA. What has changed in the past five years is the foresight and planning of the county board, neither of those values are exclusive to Dublin - nor can they be bought.

Dublin deserve credit for how they have planned, how they have marshalled their resources and how they are spreading the games into areas they haven't been before. But anyone who believes it was bought for them, or that the current dominance will transform into a permanent hegemony, doesn't know their history,or is a troll or is a moron. Or in Don't Matter's case, all three.

Dont Matter

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 12:36:33 PM
The reason I quoted the 70s is to illustrate the point that Dublin were successful in that period without the financial backing that you are so annoyed about, and were unsuccessful between 1995- 2011 with it - thus disproving your point that money buys All Irelands.

I don't have to show Kerry receiving millions from the GAA because I don't claim money buys All Irelands - you are claiming that, so to prove your point you should be able to show a link between finance and Kerry's dominance. Can you do that? Of course not.

Dublin have an advantage in that there is more people in the county than any other - however, relative to the actual population, our playing numbers are actually small. The GAA took the decision a long time ago that having a county where over a quarter of the population lives with huge areas completely uninterested in the GAA was unsustainable for the Association as a whole. As you noted yourself, the money is for games development which happens in areas where the games are not popular - not buying All Irelands for the Dublin county team (but if evangelizing the games in areas of the Southside where no hurl or O'Neills size 5 have ever been seen means more players for the county team, than happy days)

Looks like you're a bit slow and can't read very well. You are a Dub so it's not surprising. Don't worry, I'll spell it out for you.  ;D

First of all the amount of money going to Dublin is wrong no matter what they're winning. If they're winning nothing or if they're winning everything. Secondly there's nothing wrong with teams being successful as long as it's by fair means ie. nothing wrong with Dublin winning in the 70's or Kerry winning. Thirdly, games development means improving structures and employing development officers to assist clubs and work with underage teams, the improved underage results can be seen in the tables I put up earlier, this leads to the All Irelands that have been won in 2011 and 2013.

Are you following so far? I've tried to make it as easy as I could for you.

I didn't claim money wins you All Irelands, I'm claiming the money Dublin received since 04/05 has bought them numerous titles in hurling and football including 2 senior All Irelands. Is that simple enough for you?

Dublin already have the huge advantage in playing numbers, far more than any other county. Far more clubs also. Does it cost 1.5 million or so per year to get kids from the Southside to see a hurl or O'Neills size 5?  :D Is that what you're sticking to?

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 12:36:33 PM
You do realise that you are completely contradicting yourself here? Every county gets money for games development and as I explained above, Dublin happens to need more than any other. But they are also, over the last 25 years, in good years and bad, the biggest revenue generator for the GAA. What has changed in the past five years is the foresight and planning of the county board, neither of those values are exclusive to Dublin - nor can they be bought.

As my earlier table points out, yes every county gets games development funds but Dublin get around 1.5million while the next highest gets around 100,000 while some counties have to make do with 40,000! How do Dublin need it more than everyone else? You think Dublin deserve the special treatment? Dublin make revenue and even more if they're successful, hence why this money was and is given to Dublin.

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 12:36:33 PMDublin deserve credit for how they have planned, how they have marshalled their resources and how they are spreading the games into areas they haven't been before. But anyone who believes it was bought for them, or that the current dominance will transform into a permanent hegemony, doesn't know their history,or is a troll or is a moron. Or in Don't Matter's case, all three.

;D They get handed 1.5million for games development per year, even Brian Cowen could marshall those kind of resources. It's indisputable that the current success has been bought for them, undeniable. They never won anything in hurling on their own and now look! I've spelt it out here for you in the simplest terms. Hopefully it wasn't too complicated for you.  ;D
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

easytiger95

Dublin.including Fingal and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown, is over three times bigger than the nearest county Cork and 5 times bigger than Galway. When compared with the other counties it is at least ten times bigger, 20 times bigger in a lot of cases. In crude population terms, Dublin needs more than these counties to do the same work effectively.

Factor in the the competition that GAA has in the capital from other other sports, that are all easily available usually within driving distance. My own home area would be serviced by three GAA clubs - there are at least six soccer teams nearby, one rugby team, the National Aquatic Centre, four or five golf club, three athletic clubs, rowing and canoeing clubs - all within a twenty minute drive from my front door, less if the traffic isn't bad. Other urban areas have the same competition but not to the same extent as Dublin. Rural counties would have far less choice, less competition. Like it or not, a third of the population is based in Dublin - if the GAA does not compete with the other sports it loses a huge swathe of the country's young people. The real figures that are interesting are not crude comparisons of Dublin's spend with other counties which cannot tell the real story, but what other sports are spending in Dublin. But that doesn't suit your narrative.

QuoteSecondly there's nothing wrong with teams being successful as long as it's by fair means ie. nothing wrong with Dublin winning in the 70's or Kerry winning. Thirdly, games development means improving structures and employing development officers to assist clubs and work with underage teams, the improved underage results can be seen in the tables I put up earlier, this leads to the All Irelands that have been won in 2011 and 2013.

So you're saying that improving your results through games development is unfair? Bizarre.

QuoteI didn't claim money wins you All Irelands, I'm claiming the money Dublin received since 04/05 has bought them numerous titles in hurling and football including 2 senior All Irelands. Is that simple enough for you?
You're simple enough for me. That is perhaps the greatest paragraph ever written on this board. Moron.

QuoteDublin already have the huge advantage in playing numbers, far more than any other county. Far more clubs also. Does it cost 1.5 million or so per year to get kids from the Southside to see a hurl or O'Neills size 5?  :D Is that what you're sticking to?

As we've discussed before, the playing population is small compared to what it could be. And when you have such a big population to convert to Gaelic Games in order to secure their survival in an urban enviroment with a lot of different competition, then yes I am sticking to it.

QuoteAs my earlier table points out, yes every county gets games development funds but Dublin get around 1.5million while the next highest gets around 100,000 while some counties have to make do with 40,000! How do Dublin need it more than everyone else? You think Dublin deserve the special treatment? Dublin make revenue and even more if they're successful, hence why this money was and is given to Dublin.
You really are a slow learner - Dublin gets more because it has more players than anyone else, Dublin gets more because there is a huge population beyond that who could be players, and this money is spent on on clubs, game development, training squads from u-12s up - all of which other counties do, but a lot of them don;t do it as effectively as Dublin. This feeds into our senior teams and it is possible for every other county to do this. Dublin county board on the other hand, does its own business, sponsorship and revenue deals - a lot of this money is spent on our senior teams. A lot of other counties are looking at this model to emulate it and appoint commercial directors. Fair dues to them if they do.
QuoteThey get handed 1.5million for games development per year, even Brian Cowen could marshall those kind of resources. It's indisputable that the current success has been bought for them, undeniable. They never won anything in hurling on their own and now look! I've spelt it out here for you in the simplest terms.
No they never won anything in hurling - except 6 All Ireland and 24 Leinster titles. And it should have been two more except the team of the late eighties and early nineties ran up against Offaly and Kilkenny sides who were brilliant in the final. You wouldn't remember Bryan McMahon would you? You know nothing about Dublin GAA and yet you spend your days on here trolling about it.  What a waste of time.
QuoteHopefully it wasn't too complicated for you.  ;D
Nothing you say is complicated. Back under the bridge troll.

Dont Matter

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 04:26:14 PM
Dublin.including Fingal and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown, is over three times bigger than the nearest county Cork and 5 times bigger than Galway. When compared with the other counties it is at least ten times bigger, 20 times bigger in a lot of cases. In crude population terms, Dublin needs more than these counties to do the same work effectively.

;D So Dublin is over three times bigger than the next biggest county, 20 times bigger than many but they still need millions of euro to compete with them? Embarrassing.  ;D If you went to school you might have learned some mathemathics, if Dublin is three times bigger than Cork then why don't Cork receive 500,000? Galway 300,000? Don't they have to do the same work effectively?

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 04:26:14 PMFactor in the the competition that GAA has in the capital from other other sports, that are all easily available usually within driving distance. My own home area would be serviced by three GAA clubs - there are at least six soccer teams nearby, one rugby team, the National Aquatic Centre, four or five golf club, three athletic clubs, rowing and canoeing clubs - all within a twenty minute drive from my front door, less if the traffic isn't bad. Other urban areas have the same competition but not to the same extent as Dublin. Rural counties would have far less choice, less competition. Like it or not, a third of the population is based in Dublin - if the GAA does not compete with the other sports it loses a huge swathe of the country's young people. The real figures that are interesting are not crude comparisons of Dublin's spend with other counties which cannot tell the real story, but what other sports are spending in Dublin. But that doesn't suit your narrative.

Every other county competes with other sports, you think it's only hurling and football played outside Dublin?  ;D Plus many rural areas have far higher rates of emigration to Dublin. The GAA wasn't set up as a charity to help Dublin you know? I can see where you get confused as the rest of the country is always helping out the Dubs, building methadone clinics, bailing out banks destroyed by your bankers etc etc Every county is meant to be on an equal footing in the GAA.

QuoteSecondly there's nothing wrong with teams being successful as long as it's by fair means ie. nothing wrong with Dublin winning in the 70's or Kerry winning. Thirdly, games development means improving structures and employing development officers to assist clubs and work with underage teams, the improved underage results can be seen in the tables I put up earlier, this leads to the All Irelands that have been won in 2011 and 2013.

So you're saying that improving your results through games development is unfair? Bizarre.

;D No, improving results by receiving 1.5 million per year is unfair. How slow are you?

QuoteI didn't claim money wins you All Irelands, I'm claiming the money Dublin received since 04/05 has bought them numerous titles in hurling and football including 2 senior All Irelands. Is that simple enough for you?
You're simple enough for me. That is perhaps the greatest paragraph ever written on this board. Moron.

You want be to post up the table of titles won pre money and post money again? I know it's hard to accept but you've won titles unfairly.

QuoteDublin already have the huge advantage in playing numbers, far more than any other county. Far more clubs also. Does it cost 1.5 million or so per year to get kids from the Southside to see a hurl or O'Neills size 5?  :D Is that what you're sticking to?

As we've discussed before, the playing population is small compared to what it could be. And when you have such a big population to convert to Gaelic Games in order to secure their survival in an urban enviroment with a lot of different competition, then yes I am sticking to it.

Every county struggles with playing numbers, it's not unique to Dublin and it doesn't justify 1.5million per year. Kilkenny don't have much footballers, should the GAA give them millions to sort it out?

QuoteAs my earlier table points out, yes every county gets games development funds but Dublin get around 1.5million while the next highest gets around 100,000 while some counties have to make do with 40,000! How do Dublin need it more than everyone else? You think Dublin deserve the special treatment? Dublin make revenue and even more if they're successful, hence why this money was and is given to Dublin.
You really are a slow learner - Dublin gets more because it has more players than anyone else, Dublin gets more because there is a huge population beyond that who could be players, and this money is spent on on clubs, game development, training squads from u-12s up - all of which other counties do, but a lot of them don;t do it as effectively as Dublin. This feeds into our senior teams and it is possible for every other county to do this. Dublin county board on the other hand, does its own business, sponsorship and revenue deals - a lot of this money is spent on our senior teams. A lot of other counties are looking at this model to emulate it and appoint commercial directors. Fair dues to them if they do.

Why should Dublin get 1.5million more than others every year? It's this money that makes Dublins games development and training squads from u12 up better. It's no secret, there's no magic formula, 1.5 million makes it easy to run.

QuoteThey get handed 1.5million for games development per year, even Brian Cowen could marshall those kind of resources. It's indisputable that the current success has been bought for them, undeniable. They never won anything in hurling on their own and now look! I've spelt it out here for you in the simplest terms.
No they never won anything in hurling - except 24 Leinster titles. And it should have been two more except the team of the late eighties and early nineties ran up against Offaly and Kilkenny sides who were brilliant in the final. You wouldn't remember Bryan McMahon would you? You know nothing about Dublin GAA and yet you spend your days on here trolling about it.  What a waste of time.

;D This is the best yet, you're the one that knows nothing about Dublin GAA it seems. I said they never won anything in hurling on their own. Not many players from Dublin in those Leinster title wins was there? Not surprising that you have no shame in claiming them though as you're happy to accept titles bought for you now!

QuoteHopefully it wasn't too complicated for you.  ;D
Nothing you say is complicated. Back under the bridge troll.

Well you seem to be having difficulty understanding anyway, maybe you should go under the bridge to shoot up with some other Dubs instead.  ;D
Peter Quinn

armaghniac

Dublin push with home advantage today.
I wonder where the final is?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2014, 05:34:48 PM

I hear it's a home game for Dublin. You have to feel sorry for the half dozen Cork supporters who made the trip to Croker today. I feel Cork fans (all six of them) did not get behind their team in the second half.

easytiger95

QuoteSo Dublin is over three times bigger than the next biggest county, 20 times bigger than many but they still need millions of euro to compete with them? Embarrassing.  ;D
As I said before, Dublin is not using that money as an unfair advantage against other GAA counties - they are using it to compete with soccer, rugby and a lot of different, easily available sports. You are embarrassing.

Quotevery other county competes with other sports, you think it's only hurling and football played outside Dublin?  ;D Plus many rural areas have far higher rates of emigration to Dublin.

Then surely Dublin should have more funds to deal with this migration? If you had to do it yourself, you might appreciate a well-run club infrastructure catering for you and your family.

QuoteEvery county struggles with playing numbers, it's not unique to Dublin and it doesn't justify 1.5million per year. Kilkenny don't have much footballers, should the GAA give them millions to sort it out?
Kilkenny does not have a potential playing population in hundreds of thousands. This is foundation level maths. It appears you are as challenged numerically as you are grammatically.

QuoteThe GAA wasn't set up as a charity to help Dublin you know? I can see where you get confused as the rest of the country is always helping out the Dubs, building methadone clinics, bailing out banks destroyed by your bankers etc etc Every county is meant to be on an equal footing in the GAA.
Well if it is that bad, maybe the rural people will stop migrating up here. If you're any kind of example, I doubt it will be adding much to the gene pool.
QuoteQuote
I didn't claim money wins you All Irelands, I'm claiming the money Dublin received since 04/05 has bought them numerous titles in hurling and football including 2 senior All Irelands. Is that simple enough for you?

You want be to post up the table of titles won pre money and post money again? I know it's hard to accept but you've won titles unfairly.

You're missing the point, but that is not surprising. Let's spell it out for you - "I'm not saying that money buys titles - I'm saying that the money given to Dublin bought their titles." Genius.

QuoteThis is the best yet, you're the one that knows nothing about Dublin GAA it seems. I said they never won anything in hurling on their own. Not many players from Dublin in those Leinster title wins was there? Not surprising that you have no shame in claiming them though as you're happy to accept titles bought for you now!
I'm sure lads like Lar Foley are resting easy in their graves with your knowledge of their non Dub back ground.

You are a moron. By the way Dublin just came back from a 10 point deficit to beat Cork - money can't buy that.

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 13, 2014, 05:46:33 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2014, 05:34:48 PM

I hear it's a home game for Dublin.

Why not play in Clones?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Zulu

Why would you play a national final anywhere but Croke Park?

Minder

Dublin, like every other team, should earn their home comforts

Michael Foley - Sunday Times April 13

SOMEWHERE in the afterburn of the Sky arguments last Sunday evening, the league semi-finals briefly got caught in the smoke. Once Dublin's draw against Tyrone put them through, the talk started about the venues and ended with a familiar conclusion. The Dubs in Croke Park. Again. Everyone back to their place.

After a week where the GAA's allegiance to their fundamental values had been questioned and cross-examined, forgoing the promise of a bigger crowd if they staged both semi-finals in Croke Park and choosing a more democratic, geographical spread seemed a small, worthwhile example of an organisation not driven entirely by profit and loss. The GAA don't need to make that kind of gesture, or spend the next three years apologising for doing a deal with Sky, but taking these games elsewhere could have struck some important blows in a few different ways.

Of the four teams lining out today, only Dublin and Mayo are guaranteed to draw a big crowd. There's all sorts of reasons for that: geography, playing population, public interest, football's status within each county. Derry and Mayo could have been accommodated in a number of grounds in the north-west and midlands. Cork and Dublin as a stand-alone game probably wouldn't trouble the capacity in Tullamore or Portlaoise.

At a time of year when interest in the league starts to ebb at precisely the wrong time for the competition, taking them out of Croke Park also bestows an extra layer of achievement on making the final and increases the incentive to win. Even for teams that make Croke Park every year, getting there should represent a landmark event. When it comes to Dublin, the argument for taking the games on the road goes much deeper.

Since Croke Park's redevelopment was completed a decade ago Dublin's championship games have occupied a unique and cherished place, drawing big crowds that generate the kind of carnival atmosphere and handsome revenue superior to almost anything else before August. Before last year's championship, Jim Gavin remarked that playing all their championship games in Croke Park wasn't that much of an advantage to Dublin. Hadn't Mayo beaten them in 2012? Cork and Meath in 2010? Didn't Tyrone and Kerry administer a string of stern beatings before that?

Apart from the Meath game, all those defeats came in the All-Ireland series. Playing games in Croke Park doesn't give Dublin an edge that translates into All-Irelands, but it has had a definite impact on the Leinster championship. Since Dublin began a run of eight of the past nine Leinster titles in 2005, the past decade has been Dublin's most successful stint in the Leinster championship. Meath, in 2010, are the only team to beat them in Croke Park over the same period. The only time Dublin were forced onto the road, Longford gave them a serious run at Pearse Park in 2006.

Attendances at their games in Croke Park have gradually fallen. Last year Dublin hammered Westmeath in their first Leinster championship game. The attendance in Croke Park was 33,000. Portlaoise holds 30,000. Chances are no one would have beaten Dublin on the road over the years either, but getting them away from their home comforts would offer a jolt of electricity to a significant part of the football championship that currently struggles to muster a pulse.

It's not a move to hobble Dublin either. If anything, it might strengthen them. In 11 away league games across four seasons since 2011, Dublin have won four, drawn three, and shipped three of their four defeats in one year (2012). They have played three qualifiers over the years outside of Croke Park and won them all. Exchanging Croke Park's familiar opulence and comforts in June for a claustrophobic bearpit in the midlands could allow Dublin to test their resolve before facing more stringent opponents later in the year. The Dubs on tour always brought its own excitement over the years as well. These days, those trips are remembered as a faint and distant historical curiosity.

There's also a fundamental issue of fairness. Parnell Park is Dublin's designated county ground, not Croke Park. Every other county outside Leinster must win at least a couple of championship games before getting to Croke Park. In Leinster, first-round games are a standard appetiser on the menu in Croke Park from early June.

Reaching Croke Park should be an achievement itself. No team — including Dublin — should be allowed play in Croke Park without at least winning one championship match. Given that Leinster is dotted with medium-sized grounds crying out for good games, spreading a handful of early-round games across the province makes more sense there than anywhere else.

This year Dublin will play their first-round game against Wicklow or Laois in Croke Park. Laois haven't beaten them there since 2003. Wicklow have never won a championship game against Dublin in Croke Park. It's not about tilting the ground against Dublin. It's about requiring every team, regardless of location or status, to earn the right to play in Croke Park. Maybe a game in Croke Park is fair reward for reaching the top four in Division One. When it comes to championship, Croke Park must always mean more. Much more.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dont Matter

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 05:51:51 PM
As I said before, Dublin is not using that money as an unfair advantage against other GAA counties - they are using it to compete with soccer, rugby and a lot of different, easily available sports. You are embarrassing.

This has nothing to do with other sports, this is Dublin receiving an unfair advantage against other GAA counties. This isn't difficult.  ;D

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 05:51:51 PMThen surely Dublin should have more funds to deal with this migration? If you had to do it yourself, you might appreciate a well-run club infrastructure catering for you and your family.

What is this all about?  ;D

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 05:51:51 PMKilkenny does not have a potential playing population in hundreds of thousands. This is foundation level maths. It appears you are as challenged numerically as you are grammatically.

Surely Kilkenny need the funds in their fight against other sports?  :D Like those kids in South Dublin who never seen an O'Neills size 5, remember them?  ;D

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 05:51:51 PMWell if it is that bad, maybe the rural people will stop migrating up here. If you're any kind of example, I doubt it will be adding much to the gene pool.

Well you lot inbreeding hasn't worked out too well!  ;D

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 05:51:51 PMYou're missing the point, but that is not surprising. Let's spell it out for you - "I'm not saying that money buys titles - I'm saying that the money given to Dublin bought their titles." Genius.

Money wasn't the reason other teams won titles, money is the reason Dublin are currently winning titles. Simple. You strung out or something?

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 05:51:51 PMI'm sure lads like Lar Foley are resting easy in their graves with your knowledge of their non Dub back ground.

So how many Dubs were there then? You not a bit embarrassed to be claiming those Leinsters? Of course not.  ;D

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 13, 2014, 05:51:51 PMYou are a moron. By the way Dublin just came back from a 10 point deficit to beat Cork - money can't buy that.

How many of those Dublin players have come through the multi million euro system? Money buys you lots in an amateur sport!
Peter Quinn

easytiger95

Let's do this quick - I'll try and leave out big words in case you are confused.

1. Using bold typeface does not make a statement factual.

2. Kilkenny does need funds to promote the GAA - but not as much as Dublin does, because there are a lot more people in Dublin. Forget foundation level - this is remedial. (Oh no, big words!!!)

3. Ah, so you're saying that money does not buy titles for anyone bar the Dublin team post 2011. Yet they were getting the same level of money before that? So were they just bad at spending it, or maybe, just maybe, the current crop of players are a wee bit special, with or without money? As they proved already today. By the way I'm not strung out, but reading your posts is probably like being very high - an initial rush, a fog of confusion, and a very bad comedown.

4. I don't mind being slagged myself, but you are slagging off the achievements of Dublin club hurlers - for instance the 1961 Leinster champions, backboned by St. Vincents men like the Foley brothers, the Fergusons, Noel Drumgoole, Shay Lynch etc. More than happy to claim their achievements for Dublin, as I am with the team  that contested two successive Leinster finals in 90 and 91, a time when hurling was truly competitive in Leinster, including a cousin of mine. Lads who don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as a trolling knuckledragger such as yourself, who has zero knowledge of Dublin GAA.

5. As for players who came through the "multi-million euro system", I thought we had agreed that games development money wasn't spent on the senior team? I think every county has the chance and the choice to emulate Dublin's processes. Not that Dublin are the ne plus ultra of football and hurling - sport is a cycle and in a few years time, some other team will have ripped up the blueprint and gone a different way - as Tyrone did in the noughties, as the Northern counties did in the 90's, as Meath did in the late 80s, as Kerry did in the 70s, and the Dubs before them again.

Look them up - you might be surprised what you will learn. Joker and a troll. Back under the bridge with you.

By the way, I agree completely with Mick Foley's article - I'd love to get a few road trips as would a lot of fans I know.

Dont Matter

1. Correct but the statement I made was factual, I was just highlighting a key word for you. No need to thank me.  ;D

2. So wait, do Dublin need the money because of population or because there's so many sports they have to compete against or because so many areas don't know a football or a hurl? You're confusing yourself with all these excuses.  ;D

3. Where did I say post 2011? Did you see my table earlier? Go back and look at it before you embarrass yourself even more than you have.

4. So what you're saying is you're happy to accept the hurling titles won for Dublin by players from around the country. I'm not surprised.  :D

5. I said the numbers I posted were just money received for games development, Dublin get more for other areas. So the multi million euro system has been operating since 04/05, most of the Dublin players playing today have gone through the system. Not every county has the chance or choice to emulate Dublin's process, guess why they can't? They don't get 1.5million every year!!!! How are you not getting this?  :D Other counties still might win but it's against the odds as Dublin have a huge head start. Spread the money fairly and let everyone compete on a level playing field.

I wouldn't hang out under many bridges in Dublin anyway, certain to get robbed if not much worse!
Peter Quinn

easytiger95

1. No your statement wasn't factual. As you have a tenuous grasp on reality, this is not surprising.

2. As I've said on numerous occasions during this bizarre debate, Dublin needs more money because  it has more players than any other county, but also has a huge non-playing population which the GAA need to get playing. These are two reasons, not excuses. Your entire argument is embarrassing.

3. I saw your table and in my first post on it, told you what was wrong with it. You're grasping for straws now DM.

4. What I actually said was that I was happy to accept the achievements of the 1961 team - who were Dubs. They were also the last team to contest an All Ireland hurling final, Very proud of them actually. You're a disaster DM.

5. Counties don't get 1.5 million a year because they don't have the same population as Dublin, both playing and non-playing. Jesus, you are dim. Like an auld deaf and blind dog, chewing on a chair leg because he thinks it's a bone.

"Dublin bought their titles, Dubs are all drug addicts, Dub bankers wrecked the country.." et cetera, etc cetera repeat ad infinitum.......fade to black

It must be dark down there under the bridge DM.