Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

rodney trotter

Im sure yeah. Hayes doesn't take free's either.

weareros

Quote from: Westside on April 13, 2014, 11:55:32 AM

Hard to know how the other Semi Final will go. The Rossies haven't met a half decent side yet which won't help their cause. If the supporters are anything to go by they are thirsty to prove to everyone that they are a good side. The reality is that if they lose at this stage they will be a side who walked through a weak Connacht and fell at the first real hurdle.
A Roscommon lad I know told me the other day, deadly seriously, that he'd love to get past Cork just to get another go at the Dubs and revenge for 2012.

Most Ros supporters I talk to would see Dublin and Cork as teams to beat  with Cavan and Roscommon as even enough albeit having two very different football styles. And everyone knows the Dublin team of 2012 were as good a U21 team as has been  seen. As for weak Connacht, when draw was made Ros were expected to travel to Mayo, Sligo and Galway to win a Connacht title. Few counties in Ireland would have relished that draw considering the talent Mayo and Galway had at their disposal. We'll have to wait until Sat to see how weak Connacht was. I'm hopeful anyway.

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on April 13, 2014, 10:18:26 PM
Quote from: Westside on April 13, 2014, 11:55:32 AM

. The Rossies haven't met a half decent side yet which won't help their cause. If the supporters are anything to go by they are thirsty to prove to everyone that they are a good side. The reality is that if they lose at this stage they will be a side who walked through a weak Connacht and fell at the first real hurdle.

. As for weak Connacht, when draw was made Ros were expected to travel to Mayo, Sligo and Galway to win a Connacht title. Few counties in Ireland would have relished that draw  We'll have to wait until Sat to see how weak Connacht was. I'm hopeful anyway.
Usual lazy cliched journalistic type of comment.
How many U21s have Ulster teams won in the last 5 years I wonder?
We have a good team and we'll see if Cork have as good or better on Saturday.
Once our lads perform on the day we'll see where that takes us.
I'm hopeful too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

No one said ye were no good Rossies, just that your opposition were poor. Of course if you want to believe Sligo and Leitrim are U21 super powers go ahead.

ross4life

Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2014, 07:16:27 PM
No one said ye were no good Rossies, just that your opposition were poor. Of course if you want to believe Sligo and Leitrim are U21 super powers go ahead.

I have already given my view on Sligo & Leitrim bet the defending AI champs to reach the Connacht final. Who said Sligo and Leitrim were super powers? would it shock you if the Ulster opposition (a lot of them big names) weren't super powers.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Itchy

It would shock me if Leitrim or Sligo bet anyone in Ulster outside Fermanagh.

tommysmith

Shrewdness

Itchy, i think you're being insulting to Sligo and Leitrim in your comments. You seem to think that because they're Sligo and Leitrim, they're not entitled to have a good team. That was no bad Sligo team, and Leitrim held Galway to just eight points. You seem to be trying to use these counties to devalue the Roscommon team because they beat them. What baffles me is why you're insistent on running down Roscommon and the other Connacht counties, when it's Dublin that Cavan are playing?

ross4life

Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2014, 07:32:42 PM

Leitrim shocked everyone by beating Galway. We played near full strength Armagh,Donegal teams in challenge games, Sligo were more impressive against us & harder to beat.

Quote from: tommysmith on April 14, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
This is getting boring now.
+1 either this topic or complaining about the choice of venue. I'm out, knock yourselves out guys.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Itchy

I didn't belittle Roscommon, they can only beat who is in front of them. However, on my opinion Connacht was a poor standard this year. Comparing a championship game to a challenge is just silly. Westside made a legitimate point when he said Ros would have benefitted from a tough game before playing Cork. I agree. The real problem on this thread is that some Ros contributors cannot accept any comment which doesn't declare Ros to be anything but a legendary team that can only be beaten by themselves, the ref or an act of God.

Shrewdness

Itchy, i do agree with you that challenge games, and even the Hastings Cup carry little weight when it comes to the championship.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2014, 07:32:42 PM

You know very little about Sligo in particular if you'd even think that.

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2014, 08:04:07 PM
my opinion Connacht was a poor standard this year.
How many of the games were you at?
Sure Ulster must be gone to hell altogether the last few years when litttle Cavan can win 4 in a row, :P :P :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 14, 2014, 08:14:10 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2014, 08:04:07 PM
my opinion Connacht was a poor standard this year.
How many of the games were you at?
Sure Ulster must be gone to hell altogether the last few years when litttle Cavan can win 4 in a row, :P :P :P

You could be right, 10 yes since an ulster team won it out. However going from winning nothing to winning 4 in a row is progress.

Blowitupref

At the weekend Leitrim won the Connacht minor league beating Sligo,Roscommon,Galway and defending All Ireland champions Mayo along the way. I think Leitrim reaching Connacht underage finals could become a more familiar sight.

When this years U-21 championship began looking the provinces Leinster had some decent sides however Dublin were the only genuine All Ireland contenders. Ulster was the same with just Cavan the genuine contender. Munster had two Cork,Tipp while Kerry weren't great. Connacht had two, Galway were caught on the hop and Roscommon delivered while it will be another year or two before Mayo are genuine All Ireland contender at U-21 level.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose